Limelight Forums

Full Version: Staff to community Q & A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
This thread is here to shine some light on what we have been up-to, as well as general questions about the staff team, to the staff team, or a staff member in particular. I am aiming to shine some more light on certain topics related to LL, the community, development, and the staff team here, as far as I am able.

However, posts and questions can be anything you would like, regarding LL, staff, development, etc.
We will do our best to reply to most of your questions, or concerns.
Shitposting, memes, and similar matters will not be allowed.
I see L2 has been losing popularity compared to the other community, are there any plans to help combat this and can you reveal what?
(Jun 11, 2017, 01:00 PM)connbob Wrote: [ -> ]I see L2 has been losing popularity compared to the other community, are there any plans to help combat this and can you reveal what?

We currently have several updates in the works, which will all posses unique content. Development has accelerated significantly, specifics, I cannot disclose. Just take my word for it, it will be quite good, and several planned events.

We also assume this is because of it being exam season, we expect it to rise again afterwards. Our community is not as old as others, we are quite new in the big scheme of things, it won't always be easy, but we'll beat through.
Why do we never call the other CityRP server by it's name? As there is only one more from what I can see
(Jun 11, 2017, 01:17 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Why do we never call the other CityRP server by it's name? As there is only one more from what I can see

You can name it, I don't mind doing it. It's childish to pretend it's not there. I guess it's just something people do.
What happened to the transparency? 

This thread only exists because there was starting to be commotion. Transparency should come from the staff's side always, not only when players get agitated when left in the dark for too long.

On top of that, what's so bad about giving away info about upcoming features. It'll only make players more hyped to play and wait for updates. It doesn't make sense to not keep the community updated as to what's being worked on.
(Jun 11, 2017, 03:56 PM)Invoker Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to the transparency? 

This thread only exists because there was starting to be commotion. Transparency should come from the staff's side always, not only when players get agitated when left in the dark for too long.

On top of that, what's so bad about giving away info about upcoming features. It'll only make players more hyped to play and wait for updates. It doesn't make sense to not keep the community updated as to what's being worked on.
We have competition. Announcing what actions you are going to make next make you prone to being copied, which has happened on several occasions in the past. While I do agree, that transparency is needed, and that we have not quite gotten to the ideal scenario yet, we try to be about most things.

And this thread was not made because there was commotion, simply because I want the community to feel more connected, and heard, as well as give them a chance to ask questions, and receive answers. 

Besides, could you elaborate on what type of transparency you are referring too? Would be more then happy to see if some of that can be changed, and if not give you an explanation.
I will try to compose a more elaborate post when I have time later
If you're able to say, what happens to staff members when they have broken a rule? Quite a lot of the time, they just get given a warning when a normal player would have been given a more severe punishment
(Jun 11, 2017, 05:37 PM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]If you're able to say, what happens to staff members when they have broken a rule? Quite a lot of the time, they just get given a warning when a normal player would have been given a more severe punishment

Depends on severity, can be anything from a warning, demotion to stage 2 mod (so loose admin perks), full demotion, 'paper work' (I.e completing x amount of ban requests) etc. Really is how HR see fit. Action Ian often taken though, even ifit isn't not public Knowledge.)
1) Will there ever be more official community input into the staff team? (currently it seems like the existing staff have total rule over who gets promoted, while that's not a huge problem it would be nice for community members to put forward their ideas and concerns)

2) Blackdog is, undoubtedly, the most disliked staff member. Is anything being done to improve his, and the staff team's as a whole, public image?
(Jun 11, 2017, 09:13 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]1) Will there ever be more official community input into the staff team? (currently it seems like the existing staff have total rule over who gets promoted, while that's not a huge problem it would be nice for community members to put forward their ideas and concerns)

2) Blackdog is, undoubtedly, the most disliked staff member. Is anything being done to improve his, and the staff team's as a whole, public image?

1) As it currently stand, all evaluations are done internally by holding discussions and votes. We have high standards when it comes to staff-members, and we deal with players (rule-wise) a lot more than the playerbase, so we're aware of situations that the public might know about. Staff promotions can not end up as a popularity contest where people will try to please the public to get staff. This will also put the staff in question in a tough position if he or she has to deal with the "supporters" behind that promotion. Our system isn't perfect, but it works well, and we think that we're promoting those who'd be good staff-material. We're keeping it as unbiased at possible.

What's important to note is that staff-members often have to do things which are not always popular, but right. We look for people with a very good knowledge of the rules and who is helpful and wishes to educate others when it comes to proper roleplay as well as staying within the rules. I can see the appeal of having the public vote on promotions, but there are a lot more con's than pro's to that system and we need to have high requirements when it comes to staff-members because we want people who are mature, fair and who will handle their powers responsibly. 

-

2) As for Blackdog, I cannot say anything about him nor any other staff-member unless they do so themselves. I don't discuss or talk about any staff-cases in public as they are kept private between me and the staff-member in question. What I can say though is that we're constantly addressing issues internally on how we can improve ourselves as a team, behaviour-wise, rule-wise etc. We take the public's concerns seriously and we the HR team talk to staff-members when problems arise. Most of the things we do (punishments, HR talks, discussions) are internal and won't be visible to the public. I can assure you though that we try to address issues as they arise to the best of our capabilities.
In addition to what has said, whenever a staff member is report. We do take a lot of time working out the case, looking at logs and talking to people regarding a situation so that we can deal with the case fairly. On top of that, we also talk to and to gather their opinions on the case so that we can handle it as fairly as possible.
1) What is being done / thought of around the whole 'improving the community image' and to expand the community

2) Is anything in place to try and revive the community had the exam season not been the player-base issue? As, if updates are done not quick enough (for what ever reason it may be), the remaining player-base may be lost
Where is ? I haven't seen him for months on the server and only rarely on the forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26