Limelight Forums

Full Version: [In-Game] Remove Ceramic Plating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>
In-game

In detail, explain your suggestion:
Today, I am going to request a suggestion to remove the Ceramic Plating

Why should this be implemented?
During the Release of the Ceramic Plating which reduces damage by 70% - It was a great piece of equipment for people to enjoy and use when playing on the aggressive role. As I didn't do much aggressiveRP appart from when I was doing FUMUKU Roleplay, I have slowly noticed the negative effects to the use of Ceramic Plating.

I wish to request the removal of the item (refund back ofc) because when the weapons were balanced for the server, it was tested with the orginal 50% reduction from the Kevlar, making most weapons actually make it harder to kill people, For instance, the AWM requires 2-3 shots to player depending on if he is healing himself and that him being still, it would obviously require more when on the battlefield. Weapons were balanced with the 50% Kevlar and have massively made the gunfights on LimeLight much harder and stressful for mainly governmental players as they do not wish to use their own plating as Governmental Deaths are probably more than Criminal at this point.

The Ceramic Plating reduces jump movements (prevents crouch jumping and jumping in general). The plating has become overpowered and has started to irritate players (not just myself) with how overpowered the item has made people compared with the weapon unbalancement that has actualy come to this date.

With 50% Kevlar, even the glock that does 13 damage per shot would do around 6-7 damage however with Ceramic, the glock how does around 3-4 health and has made the weapon actually unless to use.
+Support

As much as i do like Ceramic, you are 100% correct, everything was balanced for the 50% kevlar wayyyyyy back, and in no way balanced for a 70% reduction, compile this with Medkit spam and its created an environment where firefights can last longer, which can be fun, but at the same time they more often than not just boil down to (Who can spam medkits and steroids faster)
-Support

Ceramic plationg isnt too OP to get removed.
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:28 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

As much as i do like Ceramic, you are 100% correct, everything was balanced for the 50% kevlar wayyyyyy back, and in no way balanced for a 70% reduction, compile this with Medkit spam and its created an environment where firefights can last longer, which can be fun, but at the same time they more often than not just boil down to (Who can spam medkits and steroids faster)

This.

+support.
+Support

Ceramic is too OP at the moment. It seems unrealistic that an AR-15 requires a full magazine to kill a player, 3 mags if he uses medkits as well.
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:31 PM)John Master Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

John, It is. A Deagle does I believe 45 Damage. With Kevlar, that is 23.5 Damage. With Ceramic that is 11 Damage. That is completely overpowered... Especally making a Glock do 3 damage per shot.
I do agree Ceramic Plating is over powered however I believe removing it isn't the way to go, personally I'd like to see a damage increase as even with 50% kevlar you can easily absorb clips upon clips of damage.
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:41 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree Ceramic Plating is over powered however I believe removing it isn't the way to go, personally I'd like to see a damage increase as even with 50% kevlar you can easily absorb clips upon clips of damage.

All the weapons we're balanced to account for the 50% reduction that kevlar offered, its protective, you can take some shots, but at the same time its not insta kill "Unless an AWM shoots you in the face"

The absorbtion of bullets is more with medkit spam combined with the 70%, if we we're to remove Ceramic and rebalance the medkit usage speed like is being suggested in another thread, that 50% while it would keep you safe from a first strike kill, after the first few shots your gona be feeling that damage and need to make a choice "Do i surrender, do i retreat, or do i risk dieing and keep fighting"

ForceGhost

+support
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:38 PM)Lieutenant Sours Wrote: [ -> ]

John, It is. A Deagle does I believe 45 Damage. With Kevlar, that is 23.5 Damage. With Ceramic that is 11 Damage. That is completely overpowered... Especally making a Glock do 3 damage per shot.

Glock isnt very powerfull gun in all games. For example in CS:GO. Deagle 11 Damage with ceramic to BODY. I still think that Ceramic isnt too OP to get removed. Its just my opinion.
Also, don't forget, these things don't wear down like normal ballistic protection. If the vest takes enough hits, it should break off.
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:48 PM)John Master Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:38 PM)Lieutenant Sours Wrote: [ -> ]

Glock isnt very powerfull gun in all games. For example in CS:GO. Deagle 11 Damage with ceramic to BODY. I still think that Ceramic isnt too OP to get removed. Its just my opinion.

The Glock is a gun used to kill a threat. Why would we have it if it was meant to be useless?
John, the Glock was balanced before with the 50% reduction to still be a viable weapon, ALL WEAPONS we're at one point viable for combat, that was the whole point of the massive balance we did and the weeks spent on doing it.

A 70% reduction was never accounted for in this system, and thus now weapons are unviable, and again, compounded with medkit spam just makes them useless, IE: The police forces sidearm is 100% pointless
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:45 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:41 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree Ceramic Plating is over powered however I believe removing it isn't the way to go, personally I'd like to see a damage increase as even with 50% kevlar you can easily absorb clips upon clips of damage.

All the weapons we're balanced to account for the 50% reduction that kevlar offered, its protective, you can take some shots, but at the same time its not insta kill "Unless an AWM shoots you in the face"

The absorbtion of bullets is more with medkit spam combined with the 70%, if we we're to remove Ceramic and rebalance the medkit usage speed like is being suggested in another thread, that 50% while it would keep you safe from a first strike kill, after the first few shots your gona be feeling that damage and need to make a choice "Do i surrender, do i retreat, or do i risk dieing and keep fighting"
The weapons IMO don't deal enough damage even with medkit spamming and 70% kevlar, if you get shot in the head with a rifle at the moment even with 50% kevlar it takes around 4 hits.
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:51 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 2, 2017, 06:45 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]

The weapons IMO don't deal enough damage even with medkit spamming and 70% kevlar, if you get shot in the head with a rifle at the moment even with 50% kevlar it takes around 4 hits.

*cough* Update Injury System Suggestion *cough* Make LL PvP great again *coughs hairball*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13