Limelight Forums

Full Version: LimeLight is Boring.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(Apr 27, 2020, 08:43 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2020, 08:09 AM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]The current playerbase now values their Roleplay. They do not want to be RDMd because “I’m RPing as a crazy guy” 

If this were the case, you would not see PRs.

As I said, I’m all for requesting to change some of the rules to lighten things up. I see flaws in the FearRP rules and the Car Theft Rules. But suggesting a disregard for a majority of the rules is going too far.

See my above post: 

Considering LL started off making anywhere from 1000-2000 pounds per month at its start, and we're now just barely breaking 300 this month, (Server costs are above 400-500 pounds per month last time I checked due to the security behind it, this may have changed, not counting developer fees).

Something tells me players who valued Roleplay AND aggressive fun, we're the majority who left.

In the end, if LL does not appeal to the majority, it will die maybe not in the next 6 months or year, or even 2 years, but it will, and the steady decrease in funds and population indicates in the last 2 years indicates this process has sadly already begun and had begun some time ago.

LL needs a course correction
I’m not a financial advisor for LimeLight or in the position to interpret the reason they may not be making upwards of $1,000 a month.

I was Management for Revival Servers a while back, and they were bringing in numbers you’re describing. We never changed the rules, the server just died. People got bored of the gamemode, and garrys mod in general. 

In the end, Garry’s Mod will eventually die. It has nothing to do with the communities, the game has been around for a decade, which is insane. 

It appears as though we are at a stalemate. I agree that some rules need to be changed, but I can’t see any way you can convince me that allowing people to MassRDM is going to benefit the server. 

I understand that being granted the ability to go to war with the entire police force may be appealing to you, as the person attacking them. What you aren’t considering is the other side. (I’m primarily using the PoliceRP aspect as an example here)

I know how annoying it can be when you’re rolling from shooting to shooting, panic button to panic button, etc. 

Now while it may not be for you, the cop who doesn’t want anything to do with your psychotic rampage and is just trying to Roleplay as a traffic cop is not going to be thrilled when you come out of nowhere and light his ass up with an UZI because another cop hit you with a baton. 

I understand that it may have worked in the past, but we have a lot of people who enjoy role playing. Right now you’re correct, I believe the community rules can be too strict on some aspects. However asking them to remove 90% of their rules is not going to do anything. 

Like I suggested, you are going to need a compromise for it to be considered. This is a good start, but you have to be willing to move from “Get rid of all the rules but these four”

Have you considered the possibility that the server may not be hitting max players because as of right now if we go above 40 driving becomes impossible due to lag issues?
(Apr 27, 2020, 09:00 AM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that being granted the ability to go to war with the entire police force may be appealing to you, as the person attacking them. What you aren’t considering is the other side. (I’m primarily using the PoliceRP aspect as an example here)

I know how annoying it can be when you’re rolling from shooting to shooting, panic button to panic button, etc. 

Now while it may not be for you, the cop who doesn’t want anything to do with your psychotic rampage and is just trying to Roleplay as a traffic cop is not going to be thrilled when you come out of nowhere and light his ass up with an UZI because another cop hit you with a baton. 

Currently 12:10am so I shall come back to this later.

Though if you knew who I was, you'd realize how hilariously odd the bolded are to apply to me, and my group in general, due to me operating in a way that is the complete opposite of what you noted. The side i'm considering is in fact the other side your referring to.

To sleep i gooooo
(Apr 27, 2020, 09:13 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2020, 09:00 AM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that being granted the ability to go to war with the entire police force may be appealing to you, as the person attacking them. What you aren’t considering is the other side. (I’m primarily using the PoliceRP aspect as an example here)

Currently 12:10am so I shall come back to this later.

Though if you knew who I was, you'd realize how hilariously odd the bolded are to apply to me, and my group in general, due to me operating in a way that is the complete opposite of what you noted. The side i'm considering is in fact the other side your referring to.

To sleep i gooooo
I’m referring to the original post with the original suggestions.

And as will I, until later

Pat

To be honest here, I pretty much agree with everything that ‍ and ‍ have been saying. Just throwing my opinion out there.
I always find it amusing that the people who create and comment on these sort of threads are either inactive and haven't been on the server in months to years (Which is understandable if you're not enjoying it anymore) or are active but are having to be spoken too on a fairly regular basis by staff for things that are bordering on rule breaks / end up as rule breaks. (Monkey and Catfish being the only two exceptions to this so far funnily enough.) I'm looking forward to seeing if people that play regularly and enjoy the servers speak up as I'd like to see the other side of the coin to this as well.
To be honest in some ways i can see where they are coming from, i remember back on rockford me and my friends used to create small villages out the way of the city with custom build houses ect. admins shut that down quickly. i created a border that took maybe 10% of the corner of rockford we had a proper functional border, passes, security, police, laws everything for a made up country connecting to rockford leading to some great rp and conflict of being next to a border of two different places. that also got shut down very quickly

[Image: 41ec92806a85292399b0d23722712aa6.png]

i never got to do those rps again and its a shame as i absolutely loved then i spent days building dupes for country rp making sure it was believeable as possible making signs ect for the border and the laws but since the rule came out shortly after a big gunfight between borders ive never been able to build a dupe again i remember everytime i asked it was the same response 'too many players on the server for the dupe' or some other excuse that made no sense.

while i dont agree with all of what they are saying and i believe alot of the rules are in place for a good reason i do agree limelight seems to just be getting stricter and stricter and the playercount as only seemed to drop since rockford.
This is why even though Limelight is now on my favourite gmod map for CityRP, I don't play it because it is so boring and honestly sometimes quite toxic. I agree with this post
I see how there's certain rules which restrict you from roleplaying any situation your way, but I also do believe there's rules which are essential. You're speaking from your own perspective, you know how to roleplay, you wanna join, have fun and not let boring rules limit you from doing so. 

See it from this perspective, there's many many minges who join on a regular basis. They mass RDM even with this many rules. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be for the staff to maintain the server if there was someone randomly killing everyone, with the only explanation of them having "Serial Killer" as a job title. Spawning and getting killed would also make most players leave and get bored quickly, especially those who play on the server daily. 

I agree that there's certain rules which impose limits on roleplay creativity, and it might get boring from doing the same stuff over and over again. I like to roleplay based on characters, and deal with situations based on their perspective and personality, and specific rules limit me from doing so since I'm basically forced to always handle stuff the same way. Unfortunately, not everyone's here to roleplay and do so, which is why I assume there's rules for basically everything.
the only fun i have nowadays is any type of shootout and even then they will try and make a rule breakage out of it if the salty ass cops lose the gunfight...
(Apr 27, 2020, 02:11 PM)Aryen Wrote: [ -> ]I see how there's certain rules which restrict you from roleplaying any situation your way, but I also do believe there's rules which are essential. You're speaking from your own perspective, you know how to roleplay, you wanna join, have fun and not let boring rules limit you from doing so. 

See it from this perspective, there's many many minges who join on a regular basis. They mass RDM even with this many rules. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be for the staff to maintain the server if there was someone randomly killing everyone, with the only explanation of them having "Serial Killer" as a job title. Spawning and getting killed would also make most players leave and get bored quickly, especially those who play on the server daily. 

I agree that there's certain rules which impose limits on roleplay creativity, and it might get boring from doing the same stuff over and over again. I like to roleplay based on characters, and deal with situations based on their perspective and personality, and specific rules limit me from doing so since I'm basically forced to always handle stuff the same way. Unfortunately, not everyone's here to roleplay and do so, which is why I assume there's rules for basically everything.

That's not really how most Serial Killers work in real life though. Why can't there be a Serial Killer with a good standard of roleplay with a background rp that leads up to people being killed, because currently I'm sure that'd be against the rules
(Apr 27, 2020, 02:34 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]the only fun i have nowadays is any type of shootout and even then they will try and make a rule breakage out of it if the salty ass cops lose the gunfight...

then youre not thinking creatively enough, theres alot of passive rp that can be done not everything has to be a gunfight and even non passive rp can be done without just shootouts.
(Apr 27, 2020, 03:42 PM)Mrhowe Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2020, 02:34 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]the only fun i have nowadays is any type of shootout and even then they will try and make a rule breakage out of it if the salty ass cops lose the gunfight...

then youre not thinking creatively enough, theres alot of passive rp that can be done not everything has to be a gunfight and even non passive rp can be done without just shootouts.
What im saying is RP is nearly non-existent nowadays.
(Apr 27, 2020, 03:44 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]

and if you only seem to find fun in any type of shootout you are part of the problem, if people see someone rping they will rp aswell most the time. if your only enjoyment on the server is starting gunfights no wonder you think rp is non existent nowadays. everytime i come on the server i find someone doing an interesting rp and when i come on i am usually doing a form of cartel rp that includes interacting with people round the city.

You're Definitely not fixing the problem
(Apr 27, 2020, 03:50 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2020, 03:42 PM)Mrhowe Wrote: [ -> ]then youre not thinking creatively enough, theres alot of passive rp that can be done not everything has to be a gunfight and even non passive rp can be done without just shootouts.

You're Definitely not fixing the problem

Sorry vincent
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16