Limelight Forums

Full Version: LimeLight is Boring.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I mean I love LL and I helped start it but it doesn't mean that sadly it has longevity anymore purely due to the product itself and difficulties surrounding it. The team does a great job with few resources so hats off to them.
(Jun 15, 2020, 09:44 PM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]I mean I love LL and I helped start it but it doesn't mean that sadly it has longevity anymore purely due to the product itself and difficulties surrounding it. The team does a great job with few resources so hats off to them.

I agree with you to an extent. However competition such as Fearless has been able to stay afloat and has consistently higher player count than LL. There must be something that we are doing wrong; can you not agree?
(Jun 15, 2020, 10:51 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2020, 09:44 PM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]I mean I love LL and I helped start it but it doesn't mean that sadly it has longevity anymore purely due to the product itself and difficulties surrounding it. The team does a great job with few resources so hats off to them.

I agree with you to an extent. However competition such as Fearless has been able to stay afloat and has consistently higher player count than LL. There must be something that we are doing wrong; can you not agree?

Yeah, they moved into DarkRP, with a ruleset fit for that demographic.

ForceGhost

(Jun 15, 2020, 10:56 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2020, 10:51 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, they moved into DarkRP, with a ruleset fit for that demographic.

As well as regular, significantly game changing updates and additions, better overall performance, a more robust clan system, more passive RP options, more aggressive RP options.

Limelight used to be the king of content, now it's sadly the other way around.
(May 19, 2020, 04:40 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]what he's talking about is a p. good idea. I've seen it on some serious RP servers too. Character perma death is not after every death, but only certain deaths.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-16838.html
dw Nev I have a little doc with a bunch of your suggestions (organized with some others by category). I was going through all and you had a bunch of great ones. they're not forgotten :D

You have some really good ones and the docs go pretty in depth for them which is nice
(May 18, 2020, 06:17 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]Of 78 existing rules:
- 37 will be kept;
- 10 will be replaced by in-game mechanics;
- 6 will be modified or merged;
- 4 will be kept but reduced;
- 21 will be removed entirely.

Of those being kept, many of them have no impact on RP/combat anyway (i.e. general rules regarding cheating, scamming etc.) so with that in mind, more than half of the RP-limiting rules are being removed.

Ok, final update on this. We've gone through and got full agreement on all of these, so on the 17th (Wednesday) at some point these changes will go live. I'm posting this here just as a preview but we'll announce it properly then. This just gives us a last day to spot any small issues.

The changes will be as follows. Note that the last few changes won't be released on the 17th as we need time to develop in-game mechanisms for these and check if they work OK.

[Image: fd571f7b2b58aa70f542d6b1a5c0eb69.png]

[Image: 09f60a1977f55d7fe6442fb4803e582c.png]

Slight update to the numbers, also. From these changes, 34 rules will not be affected - of these, 17 don't even affect RP or combat and are just general rules i.e. cheating, scamming, rule 1.5 etc. We're removing, replacing or merging (mostly removing) 31 rules in total. This means we'll have 45 rules left; 17 don't affect RP or combat, and a few are reduced. Leaving 28 rules that impact either RP or combat.

It's pretty late so if I missed a few out, don't worry, not a huge deal; you'll be able to see the full new ruleset on the 17th anyway.

In addition to this, HR said they'll be shifting towards much more lenient application of the remaining rules; lots will draw on rule 1.5 and FailRP in ridiculous situations, but otherwise they'll aim for leniency and benefit of the doubt policies. Of course this won't apply if - as often is the case - we get a small minority who try to bend this to their advantage.
'do not call emergency services JUST to hostage them'

ok ill call them, hostage them and also make them a nice dinner
The issue is, is that LimeLight is very much content focused, and many players have reached that content cap. Clans provide RP incentives, but they don't have any gamemode benefits of joining besides having a group op like-minded players, and they don't interact with any of the gameplay mechanics. Most servers get around this by hosting daily events, and offering some form of progression or by having A lot of content in the forms of skills to level up, cool items to obtain, etc. (Look at gta online's whole stick)

And the downwards spiral of having a lower player count, thus not attracting new players to try doesn't help neither. 

I don't think rule changes are going to change how the server is doing, while in certain areas it would help to get rid of some restrictive rules, ultimately I don't think it's going to be a game changer
(Jun 16, 2020, 11:18 AM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is, is that LimeLight is very much content focused, and many players have reached that content cap. Clans provide RP incentives, but they don't have any gamemode benefits of joining besides having a group op like-minded players, and they don't interact with any of the gameplay mechanics. Most servers get around this by hosting daily events, and offering some form of progression or by having A lot of content in the forms of skills to level up, cool items to obtain, etc. (Look at gta online's whole stick)

And the downwards spiral of having a lower player count, thus not attracting new players to try doesn't help neither. 

I don't think rule changes are going to change how the server is doing, while in certain areas it would help to get rid of some restrictive rules, ultimately I don't think it's going to be a game changer

The point of the rule changes is not for it to be an all-in-one all-encompassing solution, but to solve one big part of the problem, as was agreed by many on this thread.
(Jun 16, 2020, 11:18 AM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is, is that LimeLight is very much content focused, and many players have reached that content cap. Clans provide RP incentives, but they don't have any gamemode benefits of joining besides having a group op like-minded players, and they don't interact with any of the gameplay mechanics.

The rule change is largely being handled by the administrative side. The development side is also working on new content and revamping existing systems to be more polished and interact with the world. There's obviously overlap between the two sides but the rule change isn't the only thing being done
What are we actually doing to attract new players?

(havent read much before this)
(Jun 16, 2020, 11:18 AM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Most servers get around this by hosting daily events,

Imo remove the event server and have events hosted on the main.
(Jun 16, 2020, 09:50 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 16, 2020, 11:18 AM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]Most servers get around this by hosting daily events,

The only time event should be used is for map changes and maybe serious night because of the nature of the event. Any kind if event which would uproot the normal humdrum should be done in main for the sake of making the server look actually fun instead of elitist to some extent (all the players being in a password locked server for an event comes off like that sometimes)
(Jun 17, 2020, 01:25 AM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 16, 2020, 09:50 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]

The only time event should be used is for map changes and maybe serious night because of the nature of the event.

Why? ‍ did some mad shit on the main server back in the day, including murdering everyone that wasnt indoors for one event. This was back on v2d and was honestly the height of Limelight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16