Limelight Forums

Full Version: LimeLight is Boring.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(May 18, 2020, 06:06 PM)Gmans DAD Wrote: [ -> ]yes fix the name be in theory[font=DDG_ProximaNova, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_0, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_1, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_2, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_3, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_4, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_5, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_6,][font=Whitney,] [/font][/font]they can raid with the name they have now 

Hi, I know reading the rules may not be your thing as you're triple permed, but neither in theory nor in practice can they generally raid unless it's to protect the pres

Quote:10.5 - Secret Service Agents guard the president. They must not patrol or attend raids unless the president’s life is in danger. If the president/vice president both leave the game or change jobs, the secret service agents must return to and guard the Town Hall.
(May 18, 2020, 06:08 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 18, 2020, 06:06 PM)Gmans DAD Wrote: [ -> ]yes fix the name be in theory[font=DDG_ProximaNova, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_0, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_1, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_2, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_3, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_4, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_5, DDG_ProximaNova_UI_6,][font=Whitney,] [/font][/font]they can raid with the name they have now 

Hi sport, I know reading the rules may not be your thing as you're triple permed, but neither in theory nor in practice can they generally raid unless it's to protect the pres

Quote:10.5 - Secret Service Agents guard the president. They must not patrol or attend raids unless the president’s life is in danger. If the president/vice president both leave the game or change jobs, the secret service agents must return to and guard the Town Hall.

So in fairness this rule is going to be removed with the new ruleset that is in the phases of final approval.

Also in fairness, I didn't bother to read any of the above because I'm busy pushing through these rules, so I have no idea what you're arguing about. Just thought I'd throw that wrench in so you're all aware these rules will change anyway.

Anyway, progress update on new rule set:

- Proposal has passed SA review unanimously;
- Proposal has passed mod/admin review almost unanimously (80%+ on average);
- In last stages of determining required development changes for a few rule replacements and when they'll be implemented
- Community input group feedback generally very positive; working through the comments we received now. Still a few points of disagreement but there's been agreement to compromise for now;
- HR drafting up new staff guidelines to be much more lenient with new rule set and general approach to moderation.

Hopefully you'll be seeing this stuff very soon. Just depends on free time to get it sorted, now. But some numbers for the time being:

Of 78 existing rules:
- 37 will be kept;
- 10 will be replaced by in-game mechanics;
- 6 will be modified or merged;
- 4 will be kept but reduced;
- 21 will be removed entirely.

Of those being kept, many of them have no impact on RP/combat anyway (i.e. general rules regarding cheating, scamming etc.) so with that in mind, more than half of the RP-limiting rules are being removed.
(May 18, 2020, 06:08 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi, I know reading the rules may not be your thing as you're triple permed, but neither in theory nor in practice can they generally raid unless it's to protect the pres

I think quacker meant that the jobs should be renamed to the specific division of the secret service because it is too vague. Something like Secret Service Diplomatic Protection Agent or whatever. Idk im not quacker.
Yeah Mav he did. As Faustie said, the rule's getting changed but I just wanted to point out that it's not OK for now so someone doesn't go in game and try that and get in trouble before the rule gets pushed
No, it's not.
(May 18, 2020, 07:57 PM)Dutch Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not.

If your bar is open, it's truly not.
Charachter system > charachter presistance > development of charachter story and background > add ic consequences like a charachter being kicked from the police force (example) > add soft pks(forced charachter rename/delete while keeping all items and currency. (This should come with a ruleset)

This would open the door to a lot more rp. Ll is the only semi serious rp server that does not have these systems (that I have played on) 
These changes would personally get me to play again
I too wish to come up with a new name every death out of 10 per police roleplaying session.

(Cough)
what he's talking about is a p. good idea. I've seen it on some serious RP servers too. Character perma death is not after every death, but only certain deaths.
(May 19, 2020, 04:40 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]what he's talking about is a p. good idea. I've seen it on some serious RP servers too. Character perma death is not after every death, but only certain deaths.

Character death is meaningless without consequence.

Simply having to make a new name, does NOT make it a new character, similar to forcing a group to close down, and it reopens under a new name. Its still there, and always will be, same with characters.

What would "perma" death even look like on LL? It cant result in the loss of a players entire inventory, LL is not a serious server with the kind of playerbase who would accept that.

How would one even define a "certain" death that results in "perma" death?

All in all, permadeath and full inventory loss on LL, is incredibaly unappealing. One is pointless, and one pushes people away.
Full inventory loss certainly wouldn't be a thing, that would just be plain ridiculous. If it happened, it wouldn't just be requiring a new name either of course because as you said that's easy.
(May 18, 2020, 06:17 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]Faustie talking too much as usual.

So, final update. Pretty much all ready with this. Now my exams are out of the way I'm just splitting the agreed new ruleset into a release schedule as concerns were raised if we change everything at once people might get confused. So we'll probably release it section by section every day or 2 days. 

Some bits aren't ready yet because they need development work (FearRP being the main one), but most are good for release now.

HR has said they want to be very lenient immediately following release, then generally more lenient long-term as we shift to having most situations handled more IC.

I'm sure there'll be some salt as with all things from people who disapprove of how the update or staffing is handled, but hopefully it works on the whole and the salt simmers down.

As always, community input is open application if you want to give your feedback. I'm also always happy to lend an ear on Discord, but I can't guarantee I'll have time because I'm a busy dude, so, please try community input first. There's nothing wrong with joining for one issue you care about a lot then leaving because you don't care about the rest; it's fine, just mention so in your application, it's supposed to be easy to join/leave/re-join etc. Cheers.
Ngl just move SWAT access back to everyone that bought donator once. This change made me feel ripped off, what else are you gonna change in hopes of getting more people to donate? Remove money and suits from the inventory once donator runs out?

In all seriousness, this change was one of the reasons I stopped playing (Other reasons were bad fps and boring, but that was the cherry on the top)
(Jun 15, 2020, 10:37 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Ngl just move SWAT access back to everyone that bought donator once. This change made me feel ripped off, what else are you gonna change in hopes of getting more people to donate? Remove money and suits from the inventory once donator runs out?

In all seriousness, this change was one of the reasons I stopped playing (Other reasons were bad fps and boring, but that was the cherry on the top)

So you left because they made a very, very, very small change that would support the longevity of the community which is literally just under £2 a month?
(Jun 15, 2020, 01:24 PM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 15, 2020, 10:37 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Ngl just move SWAT access back to everyone that bought donator once. This change made me feel ripped off, what else are you gonna change in hopes of getting more people to donate? Remove money and suits from the inventory once donator runs out?

So you left because they made a very, very, very small change that would support the longevity of the community which is literally just under £2 a month?

Don't think he left for just that one reason - But that reason was another factor that pushed me away from the server even more and I think others will agree with me on that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16