Limelight Forums

Full Version: LimeLight is Boring.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
can confirm, just checked and they're in DarkRP
Man, this was a long read at 3 AM. Gonna sleep on this before I make any comments.
(May 2, 2020, 02:50 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]Man, this was a long read at 3 AM. Gonna sleep on this before I make any comments.

Really appreciate this update, I can now rest easy knowing this.
(May 1, 2020, 09:03 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]can confirm, just checked and they're in DarkRP

Explains some of the player attitude I was running into when I went on the other day, it was almost like I was on just a DarkRP server. Less RP more congregating in mingy ways and annoying other people intentionally. I was unaware they had made this move, also explains why I struggled to find them. Ended up connecting through their forum.

I know they are going through a lot, but I really struggled to speak to a member of staff regarding a problem I had. Ultimately just got impatient and left.
[Image: bLIxn9M.png]

The player count is also fucked again.
(May 2, 2020, 09:43 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ][Image: bLIxn9M.png]

[Image: unknown.png]
I wonder why.
I think we can all agree that both staff and the rules are too restrictive on people's roleplay, and just puts people off from doing anything experimental since they're scared to be punished for some stupid ass rules. For example, if someone decides they're stupid enough to pull out a gun on a group of armed cops then let them die, they chose to do that and therefore lost their life due to it so I don't see why staff intervention is needed there. Another example, stop making citizen some stupid "law-abiding" bullshrimp, at the very least allow them to break minor laws (like traffic laws).
(May 2, 2020, 09:53 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

I wonder why.

I literally waited for someone to post the build-server as an excuse.

1. The build-server was updated to Southside 2 days ago. If you look at the 7-day-graph, the server is extremely low on players for more than 2 days. It hardly reached 30 players. The build server simply killed the server entirely. It's Saturday and 4 hours ago I was on the server with 6 other players: on a Saturday evening, during a lockdown.

2. If you check the 30days-graph, you'll see that the player count is also extremely low.

The build server is not an excuse.
(May 3, 2020, 02:10 AM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 2, 2020, 09:53 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

I wonder why.

I literally waited for someone to post the build-server as an excuse.

1. The build-server was updated to Southside 2 days ago. If you look at the 7-day-graph, the server is extremely low on players for more than 2 days. It hardly reached 30 players. The build server simply killed the server entirely. It's Saturday and 4 hours ago I was on the server with 6 other players: on a Saturday evening, during a lockdown.

2. If you check the 30days-graph, you'll see that the player count is also extremely low.

The build server is not an excuse.

The player count is low and is probably partly due to the reasons for this thread, but I'd say it is due to the build server recently. 

If the server normally has around 25 players on during popular(ish hours) and instead 7 of those are on the build server that means people don't go on the main server because it has low numbers. So it definitely has a knock-on effect.
(May 3, 2020, 04:50 AM)Marvin Hampton Wrote: [ -> ]The player count is low and is probably partly due to the reasons for this thread, but I'd say it is due to the build server recently. 

If the server normally has around 25 players on during popular(ish hours) and instead 7 of those are on the build server that means people don't go on the main server because it has low numbers. So it definitely has a knock-on effect.

This is likely a good part of the problem. On my unrelated gmod server we had a lot of players on (server was full consistently for a few weeks) so I opened up another server. That effectively halved the pop as people went to join the more full server or the one their friend was on, etc. We went from a decent pop to barely anyone pretty quickly.

< 10 on LL is not too fun to join. 15 is minimum acceptable to expect something to actually, and 20 is alright.

Additionally, for a variety of reasons, May is typically a slower month for GMod. Literally every single May in the existence of the game has had fewer players than in April. Lockdown is a thing, but some places are lifting the lockdown (although that's an American thing largely from what I've seen), other people have finals in classes. I don't think it's one factor that caused the sudden decline. Idk how it is in Europe, but in USA it seems fewer people are actually complying. My neighbors are having guests, there's more traffic, things are picking up again.
its boring bc im banned
(May 3, 2020, 06:53 PM)QUACKDOGGY Wrote: [ -> ]its boring bc im banned

and from that, we learn don't use hax
(May 3, 2020, 06:55 PM)Tom* Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 3, 2020, 06:53 PM)QUACKDOGGY Wrote: [ -> ]its boring bc im banned

and from that, we learn don't use hax

-rep
Without any progressive and beneficial change moving forward. LimeLight will collapse. This thread highlights that hugely. 

I don't think the map is going to see a massive benefit personally. But again, its down to the team and the community. Its gotten fairly toxic recently. Ranging from people using their meta opinion of someone to influence their in game decisions. To literal conflicts that are petty. 

Its clearly not one departments fault. And we certainly can't blame any one person. I wouldn't say it was a collective failure either. We just need to move forward. As right now we are lingering. I've seen some positive things happening with regards to the development of the server. Hopefully I'm wrong and the map will bring positive change with regards to player count. It's quite apparent the community is on thin ice. And I'd be cautious because, once this lockdown is over, most people are not going to be spending time on their computers... and wanting to stay at home. 

The end of the lockdown has the huge potential for even less players.
The lack of actual content is not helpful either

I've not experienced anything new in over two years other than the new fishing and accessories (which I approve of) For long-time players, it's literally the SAME stuff, it might be interesting for new players, since they haven't explored it yet.

Yeah, the server is based on roleplay, and it's the players responsibility to create scenarios which interest people, but a majority of the roleplays people make either go unnoticed or have very little interaction, there isn't any actual benefit for doing passiveRP, you just do

"can I buy a drink?"
"sure, it'll be 1,50$"
"/me gives 1.50$"

and so on, there isn't any ACTUAL functions that make it interesting, and usually people only really roleplay if there are staff / teachers on who can potentially see the roleplay and give them a rep for it, which is a benefit. I mean, you don't see anyone doing passiveRP anymore, it's always related to crime, because you actually get something from it, like the Mafia roleplays, you can extort businesses, rob, place hits on people, and the police RP also gain from that, so 90% of the time on the server, it's ALWAYS cops and robbers style roleplay.

Another example of this is the chef job, all you do is use the F1 Menu, and you have your food straight away, when you try to roleplay, people just hurry you up because they don't want to sit through the process of cooking the food, because it's all /me /it based which can just be skipped and then the buyer can just go back to whatever they were doing.

Yeah, just make suggestions. Okay, we'll make a suggestion, and it's not the developers fault, but it takes a long time for a suggestion to be actually implemented into the server, by that time, people are already leaving and getting bored of the server.

As much as I love the new map, and the new possibilities for roleplay, give it a few months, and people will be bored again, and doing the same things they were doing on Rockford, Truenorth, Evocity and SouthSide.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16