Limelight Forums

Full Version: Player count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
To be completely honest, in this specific situation I would say BD was one of the best staff member in terms or leniency in such situations
(Jun 28, 2019, 05:25 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 27, 2019, 10:09 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Let's be real. 2 weeks ago the community that I won't name didn't exist, currently said server is now 185 places above LL (based on gametracker). You're probably questioning the relevance, and you're right to do so. Said community launched a DarkRP server to begin with, now it's got a stable playerbase they are expanding to other gamemodes and they have interest and a playerbase ready.

In my humble opinion, Limelight should try DarkRP to get a playerbase, then once the community has recognition , try again with CityRP.

To have all those DarkRP kids in this community to make it even more childish, lower the roleplay level even more and add more toxic kids?

oof, no.

That’s n overused generalisation

Most people that play DarkRP re not that bad
(Jun 27, 2019, 10:09 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Let's be real. 2 weeks ago the community that I won't name didn't exist, currently said server is now 185 places above LL (based on gametracker). You're probably questioning the relevance, and you're right to do so. Said community launched a DarkRP server to begin with, now it's got a stable playerbase they are expanding to other gamemodes and they have interest and a playerbase ready.

In my humble opinion, Limelight should try DarkRP to get a playerbase, then once the community has recognition , try again with CityRP.

To have all those DarkRP kids in this community to make it even more childish, lower the roleplay level even more and add more toxic kids?

oof, no.

Not gonna lie, the majority of the community on the DarkRP server that shall not be named are less toxic than the community on Limelight. If you set the server up right you're going to get a good community/playerbase.
(Jun 29, 2019, 10:09 AM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]Although risky, I think a more guideline-style of rules would be more suitable for Limelight, meaning that there's still rules in place but they're more "you should do this" rather than "you have to do this" which could allow for more freedom of RP.

It also defeats the purpose of the rules/guidelines if you make them optional.
If we have a ban wipe, I think a few exceptions should be made to unbans. For example characters like John Jong, who was eventually driving players away through his actions and DA’d to a ridiculous extent should certainly not be allowed back, as they will do more harm than good for player numbers. I’m still unsure about players who have failed probation because they might not be 100% trustworthy still, maybe an extended probation period?
(Jun 29, 2019, 12:05 PM)Ollie630 Wrote: [ -> ]

oof, no.

Not gonna lie, the majority of the community on the DarkRP server that shall not be named are less toxic than the community on Limelight. If you set the server up right you're going to get a good community/playerbase.

I think you're both, especially Faustin, forgetting that we had a strong playerbase full of brilliant people to begin with too, and did for a long time.

Who'd have guessed that a DarkRP server and community would be above a niche gamemode on the server rankings?
(Jun 29, 2019, 02:30 PM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 29, 2019, 12:05 PM)Ollie630 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 28, 2019, 05:25 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]To have all those DarkRP kids in this community to make it even more childish, lower the roleplay level even more and add more toxic kids?

oof, no.

I think you're both, especially Faustin, forgetting that we had a strong playerbase full of brilliant people to begin with too, and did for a long time.

Who'd have guessed that a DarkRP server and community would be above a niche gamemode on the server rankings?

The key word is had. Focusing on the brilliant playerbase we used to have isn't going to get us anywhere.

The suggestion that Faustin could work very well if you do the right things to avoid a toxic playerbase like that DarkRP server has done.
I'd like to see an economy reset and inventories wiped. This could encourage people to come back and play and start grinding out the server again.
(Jun 29, 2019, 03:10 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see an economy reset and inventories wiped. This could encourage people to come back and play and start grinding out the server again.

I'd worry that an economy reset will push away players that are still playing.
(Jun 29, 2019, 03:33 PM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 29, 2019, 03:10 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see an economy reset and inventories wiped. This could encourage people to come back and play and start grinding out the server again.

I'd worry that an economy reset will push away players that are still playing.

Indeed it could. But majority of the playerbase is pretty much loaded and dont need to play and get money

Why? People have spent a lot of money/time on LL to get the amount that they have now, and an economy reset would just get rid of all that. All that'd do is make people not want to play the server, as they might as well have thrown the money into a fire.
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:34 PM)Ollie630 Wrote: [ -> ]

Why? People have spent a lot of money/time on LL to get the amount that they have now, and an economy reset would just get rid of all that. All that'd do is make people not want to play the server, as they might as well have thrown the money into a fire.

I disagree. Nobody is playing now due to there being nothing to buy and nothing to do,everyone is loaded and the economey is broken. Nobody needs to actually play BMD or gun dealer etc...
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:41 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:34 PM)Ollie630 Wrote: [ -> ]

I disagree. Nobody is playing now due to there being nothing to buy and nothing to do,everyone is loaded and the economey is broken. Nobody needs to actually play BMD or gun dealer etc...

But what about the people that have funded the server by spending money on it? It makes everything that they've spent money on disappear.
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:49 PM)Ollie630 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:41 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:34 PM)Ollie630 Wrote: [ -> ]Why? People have spent a lot of money/time on LL to get the amount that they have now, and an economy reset would just get rid of all that. All that'd do is make people not want to play the server, as they might as well have thrown the money into a fire.

But what about the people that have funded the server by spending money on it? It makes everything that they've spent money on disappear.

I can understand that i myself have donated a fair bit of money. However it was their choice to do that just because people give money to the server does not mean it can make certain decisions. Imo i believe people who generally love LL like myself would spend money again if it was reset keeping the funding going not everyone will agree i do understand.
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:53 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:49 PM)Ollie630 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 29, 2019, 05:41 PM)Cochise Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree. Nobody is playing now due to there being nothing to buy and nothing to do,everyone is loaded and the economey is broken. Nobody needs to actually play BMD or gun dealer etc...

I can understand that i myself have donated a fair bit of money. However it was their choice to do that just because people give money to the server does not mean it can make certain decisions. Imo i believe people who generally love LL like myself would spend money again if it was reset keeping the funding going not everyone will agree i do understand.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from/respect it but I disagree and there's no point going in circles lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12