Limelight Forums

Full Version: Player count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
make limelight into a darkrp server 

or u can put "need staff" in the title so people come in
There seem to be exams all year.
Hire someone from YouTube to play on the server. I know of a community which had 0 players and then after hiring someone to make videos on their server, ended up with a reasonably large community.

May work or it may not, but if it worked for someone else it's worth looking into.
Yea pay Plexiate to come minge on LL
(Jun 17, 2019, 10:50 PM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]make limelight into a darkrp server 

or u can put "need staff" in the title so people come in

I feel like that title extension only attracts the wrong kind of players.  Usually the kind that fling dumpsters and rain props. 

It's kinda like saying "Low/no security" or "Gun Free Zone".  Either case equals "Victim Rich Environment".
7pm on a Friday night and.... [Image: chd8Bjy.png]
:(
I mean in comparison to this [Image: TCy69vv.png] 
it's just quite sad that LL isn't how it used to be.
Map sucks in my opinion, not a fan. Once again just like Rockford we are doing fuck off nowhere RP, not CityRP. I also think the development stall, hasn't been great. We have only pushed out bug fixes prior to meska really, and some minor changes. Optimization still isn't great for me, so aggressive game-play isn't fun, and that is the majority of what happens, there is little RP, and it's very non-serious to semi-serious. We still have the issue of our gamemode being a relic that is being beaten up to get something out of it. And then there is the disconnect between some of our content, not feeling like a whole product, I will say that the hud update has helped massively towards that.
cops and robbers server marketed as cityrp
Last night there were like 40 players on in the evening but tonight barely any, its weird. I've noticed an increase in new players recently too.

I agree with  that the map, performance and lack of updates are problematic. I know the Dev team have said that they're unable to optimize the gamemode much more, which is fair enough. I know that evocity has stability issues too which is a shame because I feel like it would attract old and new players.

Could you clarify what you mean about the disconnect Daley? Not sure I get what you mean.

Edit: wtf facepunch forums were shutdown a few days ago
Map aint gonna change anything. If you want people to enjoy being here, maybe stop making it easy for cops to push the boundaries while criminals have to record themselves and check boxes for every action. Not to mention making criminal rp actually fun rather than “Me go shoot cop! Lmao bang bang!”

Add more interactive ways to perform Passive RP (Like cooking)

Add more interactive ways to perform Criminal RP (More work = More reward)

Actually have a business plan for huge updates (Ex: US Server)

Start branching out into other games or GM . It will keep this place relevant and get more players.

More Interactive updates that can intertwine with each other that also give a fair reward, along with fixing the economy can fix most of the boring aspects. TBH though I don’t LL will ever have that manpower solely because it doesn’t have an effective team except for a hand few.
(Jun 18, 2019, 04:38 AM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]Hire someone from YouTube to play on the server. I know of a community which had 0 players and then after hiring someone to make videos on their server, ended up with a reasonably large community.

May work or it may not, but if it worked for someone else it's worth looking into.

The question is would they stay after playing it once or twice?
(Jun 22, 2019, 12:37 AM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]Last night there were like 40 players on in the evening but tonight barely any, its weird. I've noticed an increase in new players recently too.

I agree with  that the map, performance and lack of updates are problematic. I know the Dev team have said that they're unable to optimize the gamemode much more, which is fair enough. I know that evocity has stability issues too which is a shame because I feel like it would attract old and new players.

Could you clarify what you mean about the disconnect Daley? Not sure I get what you mean.

Edit: wtf facepunch forums were shutdown a few days ago

With the disconnect of content, I am referring to the gamemode not feeling like an uniform product. We have a lot of content thrown in that doesn't necessarily compliment or complete each other. We also have varying quality of models. Like the arkham models we added, not fitting in well with the rest of the content, and having texture clipping issues. We did lose our main person that could do player-models. Still, point remains.
(Jun 22, 2019, 11:14 AM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 18, 2019, 04:38 AM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]Hire someone from YouTube to play on the server. I know of a community which had 0 players and then after hiring someone to make videos on their server, ended up with a reasonably large community.

I don't think our gamemode has the draw to draw in people through youtube, besides the fact that communities who get youtubers to promote them, only keep the attention for a while, generally when the youtuber leaves, a massive portion of the players it brought did, and the majority of those player-bases are toxic in the first place.
(Jun 22, 2019, 02:34 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 22, 2019, 11:14 AM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think our gamemode has the draw to draw in people through youtube, besides the fact that communities who get youtubers to promote them, only keep the attention for a while, generally when the youtuber leaves, a massive portion of the players it brought did, and the majority of those player-bases are toxic in the first place.

Yeah im gonna have to agree with daley, it will be a temporary boost.
The current map is honestly terrible. It's too big for a start how can you change to a bigger map from Rockford when people tirelessly complained it was too big and you go and change to Truenorth??? Yes people voted for it but surely staff had a discussion or not changing to a bigger map makes sense.

Staff said Evocity had terrible optimisation but we managed for 2 years and managed to maintain a very decent playerbase and to be brutally honest there is hardly no difference at all with the FPS being improved at the minute with the map being bigger and more open. I'm sure i can speak for alot of people who would come back and play alot more if we were on Evocity and have good RP like there was along time ago.

There's currently no good RP other than cops and robbers, which has been the case for along time even on Evocity days but even then it was actually good and interactive. Main street is crap yes it has shops but they're hardly used and nobody is even willing to take part in the passive RP's that appear in the city due to the map being so big they can just go and farm contraband or weed.

People saying It's exam season is not an excuse as the server can hardly reach 25 people even on the weekends the server is dead. You might get a couple of hours where the player base is 40-50 but it does not last long at all. 

Not to mention content being out of touch. Yes some of it has been good over the past few months and recently such as the Skills and fishing is good but it's pointless bringing out skills and a levelling system when there is not enough stuff to keep people playing for a decent amount of time. Even being a cop at the minute is incredibly boring, like Daley has stated you just join the job and go for a fuckfest and power abuse the shit out of people because there is no consequences other than the Police Chief or Presidents demoting officers which is Simply not enough. Not to mention the Presidents job is absolutely boring. There should be a budget system which includes everything like how many people can be police officers not dependent on the server population. This can be altered and is based off the income from set tax.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12