Limelight Forums

Full Version: Player count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Exams are over, it's 8PM UK time, usually peak-ish time... and there's 2 players on. FeelsBad.

Something's gotta be done soon :(
Let's be real. 2 weeks ago the community that I won't name didn't exist, currently said server is now 185 places above LL (based on gametracker). You're probably questioning the relevance, and you're right to do so. Said community launched a DarkRP server to begin with, now it's got a stable playerbase they are expanding to other gamemodes and they have interest and a playerbase ready.

In my humble opinion, Limelight should try DarkRP to get a playerbase, then once the community has recognition , try again with CityRP.
Part of it now is that the old regulars have begun to tend both their irl lives and relationships as well as are bored and want to play other games. The people who have propped the server up for so long as regular who keep the numbers up are disappearing and nobody who RPs to the same standard is coming in to take their place, not at the rates they’re disappearing.
CityRP = Niche

DarkRP and Minigames = Broad
(Jun 27, 2019, 08:16 PM)Daley Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 26, 2019, 03:31 AM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]hey what about expanding to diffo games

Space engineers and Minecraft worked out really well (not). It's not the worst idea, but not the best unless we can manage to create something special or unique in a different game.

no i mean other roleplaying games like fivem or some other shizzle like roblox rp
how is this still popular
(Jun 27, 2019, 10:09 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Let's be real. 2 weeks ago the community that I won't name didn't exist, currently said server is now 185 places above LL (based on gametracker). You're probably questioning the relevance, and you're right to do so. Said community launched a DarkRP server to begin with, now it's got a stable playerbase they are expanding to other gamemodes and they have interest and a playerbase ready.

In my humble opinion, Limelight should try DarkRP to get a playerbase, then once the community has recognition , try again with CityRP.

To have all those DarkRP kids in this community to make it even more childish, lower the roleplay level even more and add more toxic kids?

oof, no.
An issue that no amount of a game mode change would solve is the strictness of staff.

There have been far to many instances of people doing things outside the box, or just for fun, and then them receiving some kind of punishment for.

Only 4 people on the server at the absolute dead hour, so you 4 decide to have a old west style showdown in the center of town?

Almost guranteed punishment for those involved, though depending on who is overseeing the incident there is a small chance no one would be hit up for it. 
(Past cases indicate the former would be true more than the latter) 

The map is snowed over, your in a police chase, so you decide to RP a black ice slide out, that results in a crash? 

Good chance its punishable if you died, as it can be seen as suicide to avoid arrest, depending on who is overseeing the incident.

Police bust down a door without a warrant (A 100% IC concept) 

Good chance that could result in punishment, for not following an IC concept that does not apply in all situations, depending on who is overseeing the incident.

Builda base or defensive structure or setup thats TO effective? 

Removal of said structure and or punishment may follow depending on who is overseeing the incident.

Go to break out an ally from jail in stolen PD uniforms, and end up killing a cop or two, whom at the time didn't have a gun out?

50/50 chance you will be punished depending on who is overseeing the incident.

RPing a hardcore gang leader who has been shot 15 times in the past with scars all over to prove it, doesnt show fear and would attempt to shank you even if you had a gun to his forehead?

If you don't immediately break character and partake in some failRP to abide by fearRP, oh you bet there's punishment for that.

LL is to strict and to me that's what it all boils down to:

People are afraid to do things because they cannot be 100% certain that the thing they want to do, will not in some form result in punishment up to 30 days after it has occurred.

CityRP is a cops and robbers gamemode that has been for the last 6 years of its development been trying to not be a cops and robbers gamemode, to varrying degrees of success, but the problem is: No matter what we do, people mostly play for the action.

I play SS13 alot these days, and yea the RP is great, and even being a janitor is fun, but if every single work shift went 100% without inccident, the game would be boring.

You play SS13 to be a normal average joe, tossed into extreme situations that you could die within seconds if your not careful, or just have bad luck. Take that aspect away, and it becomes far less fun.

You play CityRP to be a normal average joe, tossed into a city that has more crime than downtown Baghdad in the middle of the summer, in an attempt to make a living in anyway you can and to advance your character. Take that aspect away, and it all becomes far less fun.

LL has kind of lost that aspect of spontanious action that acted as the spice of life in the gamemode, where even if you ran a petstore, you could be robbed, extorted by the cop, hit up for protection money by a corrupt police force, random gang, have some drunk guy wander in and pester you, or just be caught up in the middle of a huge gang war where you had Hobos fighting against the establishmentet in giant hobo towers, where they tossed boots at riot police in an attempt to make everyone hobos (This actually happened once)
(Jun 28, 2019, 07:13 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]An issue that no amount of a game mode change would solve is the strictness of staff.

There have been far to many instances of people doing things outside the box, or just for fun, and then them receiving some kind of punishment for.

Only 4 people on the server at the absolute dead hour, so you 4 decide to have a old west style showdown in the center of town?

Almost guranteed punishment for those involved, though depending on who is overseeing the incident there is a small chance no one would be hit up for it. 

The map is snowed over, your in a police chase, so you decide to RP a black ice slide out, that results in a crash? 

Good chance its punishable if you died, as it can be seen as suicide to avoid arrest, depending on who is overseeing the incident.

Good chance that could result in punishment, for not following an IC concept that does not apply in all situations, depending on who is overseeing the incident.

Removal of said structure and or punishment may follow depending on who is overseeing the incident.

Go to break out an ally from jail in stolen PD uniforms, and end up killing a cop or two, whom at the time didn't have a gun out?

RPing a hardcore gang leader who has been shot 15 times in the past with scars all over to prove it, doesnt show fear and would attempt to shank you even if you had a gun to his forehead?

If you don't immediately break character and partake in some failRP to abide by fearRP, oh you bet there's punishment for that.

People are afraid to do things because they cannot be 100% certain that the thing they want to do, will not in some form result in punishment up to 30 days after it has occurred.

CityRP is a cops and robbers gamemode that has been for the last 6 years of its development been trying to not be a cops and robbers gamemode, to varrying degrees of success, but the problem is: No matter what we do, people mostly play for the action.

I play SS13 alot these days, and yea the RP is great, and even being a janitor is fun, but if every single work shift went 100% without inccident, the game would be boring.

You play SS13 to be a normal average joe, tossed into extreme situations that you could die within seconds if your not careful, or just have bad luck. Take that aspect away, and it becomes far less fun.

You play CityRP to be a normal average joe, tossed into a city that has more crime than downtown Baghdad in the middle of the summer, in an attempt to make a living in anyway you can and to advance your character. Take that aspect away, and it all becomes far less fun.

LL has kind of lost that aspect of spontanious action that acted as the spice of life in the gamemode, where even if you ran a petstore, you could be robbed, extorted by the cop, hit up for protection money by a corrupt police force, random gang, have some drunk guy wander in and pester you, or just be caught up in the middle of a huge gang war where you had Hobos fighting against the establishmentet in giant hobo towers, where they tossed boots at riot police in an attempt to make everyone hobos (This actually happened once)

Cant agree more,Honestly if you want the server pop back just listen to this man.
wipe the bans
everyone starts fresh
 then all the people will come back

like if you agree

and maybe whoever is permed put them on a 3 strike system for like 3 months or something, 3 strikes and ur out bud
Ban wipe is an interesting one. FL did it once and it went ok.
(Jun 28, 2019, 07:13 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]An issue that no amount of a game mode change would solve is the strictness of staff.

Thing is though, rules are there for balance and alot of what you're talking about is just one sidedly advantageous. While the odds are not always going to be in your favor, in order to have fun gameplay there has to be reasonable rules in place to make it fair for everyone to an extent.

You must be forgetting that we're an RP server, much of what you're saying is just minging and plain rule breaking. Context matters.

Quote:People are afraid to do things because they cannot be 100% certain that the thing they want to do, will not in some form result in punishment up to 30 days after it has occurred
I do find it hilarious that you say this when most of the server population felt this way towards you when you were a staff member. Calling out the current staff team for actions that you did on a daily basis, the hypocrisy is astounding.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Theme Song
yo i think there should b a ban wipe

exams are done so should be more players but theres like 0 on the servers its like wtf bro
(Jun 29, 2019, 02:11 AM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]Thing is though, rules are there for balance and alot of what you're talking about is just one sidedly advantageous. While the odds are not always going to be in your favor, in order to have fun gameplay there has to be reasonable rules in place to make it fair for everyone to an extent.

You must be forgetting that we're an RP server, much of what you're saying is just minging and plain rule breaking. Context matters.

Oh no i'm fully aware we are a RP server, though not entirely sure what you mean by "One sidedly advantagous" Can you elaborate on this point?

Quote:People are afraid to do things because they cannot be 100% certain that the thing they want to do, will not in some form result in punishment up to 30 days after it has occurred
I do find it hilarious that you say this when most of the server population felt this way towards you when you were a staff member. Calling out the current staff team for actions that you did on a daily basis, the hypocrisy is astounding.

I haven't called anyone out? I've meerly stated my opinion and observations.

Nor am i speaking in a manor that makes me hypocritical, I was removed from the team for my disagreements in how they operated and how I was perceived to be enforcing the policies more lax than most, which in the eyes of HR caused a discrepancy in perception in enforcement where one staff member would punish for one thing, while another would not punish for the same thing.

This would put me as one of the least harsh members of staff at the time, not the harshest as you imply

Although risky, I think a more guideline-style of rules would be more suitable for Limelight, meaning that there's still rules in place but they're more "you should do this" rather than "you have to do this" which could allow for more freedom of RP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12