Limelight Forums

Full Version: Player count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Id still have perfered EC2, the runner up
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:05 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:04 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Strange how most of the community voting for and supporting the map have now disappeared too though...

No need to tag me, I'm right here.
And it's strange that you know that, considering it was a private vote........

Do you not remember all the people with #truenorth in their name? All the people talking about supporting it on the forums? Yeah it was a private vote but it was pretty damn clear who was supporting it and who didn't support it.
Honestly yeah come to think of it what is the goal of limelight? Is it to have a higher player count? Make money? Create a better game mode?
Because if you're gonna let the player base die then it's clear that success might not be a goal
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:07 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:05 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:04 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Strange how most of the community voting for and supporting the map have now disappeared too though...

No need to tag me, I'm right here.

Do you not remember all the people with #truenorth in their name? All the people talking about supporting it on the forums? Yeah it was a private vote but it was pretty damn clear who was supporting it and who didn't support it.

The same place where all the people with #teamevo went. The map vote was done, so they removed it from their names.
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:09 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly yeah come to think of it what is the goal of limelight? Is it to have a higher player count? Make money? Create a better game mode?
Because if you're gonna let the player base die then it's clear that success might not be a goal

Create a better environment for players.
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:31 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]Also a sidenote, its early summer, population will fall because people either need to finish up exams, have taken summer jobs or other responsibilities.

Player population is low since ages now.

The excuses "early summer", "summer" or "exam season" are simply not right.
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:27 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:07 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:05 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]No need to tag me, I'm right here.

The same place where all the people with #teamevo went. The map vote was done, so they removed it from their names.

Don't think you're getting what I was saying lad most people with #truenorth in their names don't play on the server anymore
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:27 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:09 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly yeah come to think of it what is the goal of limelight? Is it to have a higher player count? Make money? Create a better game mode?

Create a better environment for players.

Not gonna have any players to make an environment for
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:10 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]Last major update being the Sea of Green which was back in October 2017

That is where I see the issue. No major content updates since 2017. Imo content is one of the big keys of gaining new players and keeping players on the server.

Performance updates did not really change anything for me. The ping/ms lag went even worse, especially since the map-change to TN.
Tbf there are lots of people trying to come back as you can see from the Number of UBR's happening so maybe it will increase in summer.
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:34 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]Tbf there are lots of people trying to come back as you can see from the Number of UBR's happening so maybe it will increase in summer.

[Image: BUBHBlW.png]

[Image: Gr29NIb.png]

[Image: cpYVyGW.png]

I don't really see anything increasing at all huh, just decreasing.

Edit: It is quite alarming in my opinion that the server did not hit more than a peak of 38 players online at the same time in a whole month.
Doc I think that's a silly argument. People voted for it, tried it and it isn't working clearly. Just because something was voted for at the time doesn't mean that the opinion hasn't shifted after it's been tried and tested.
(Jun 25, 2019, 08:16 PM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]Doc I think that's a silly argument. People voted for it, tried it and it isn't working clearly. Just because something was voted for at the time doesn't mean that the opinion hasn't shifted after it's been tried and tested.

Perhaps so, but this is the same argument that's happened with every map.

TrueNorth.
Florida.
Rockford.
Evo v2p.
Evo v4b1.
Evo 33x.
Evo 2d.

They've all had these arguments, and people popping out the woodwork to call them shit and how X map is better.
(Jun 25, 2019, 09:53 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 08:16 PM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]Doc I think that's a silly argument. People voted for it, tried it and it isn't working clearly. Just because something was voted for at the time doesn't mean that the opinion hasn't shifted after it's been tried and tested.

Perhaps so, but this is the same argument that's happened with every map.

TrueNorth.
Florida.
Rockford.
Evo v2p.
Evo v4b1.
Evo 33x.
Evo 2d.

They've all had these arguments, and people popping out the woodwork to call them shit and how X map is better.

I'm not calling TN shit or saying X map is better, I just feel that the proof is in the pudding right now. Personally, I don't like TN that much but it's a decent map I just don't think it works too well on LL. It's hugely open and it does feel like there are less players on the map, even when the player count does get over 30.

Maybe I'm just stuck in the glory days of logging onto V2D and spawning mainstreet around 30 other people lol
The moment you all stop bitching about the map like a bunch of morons we can begin to fix the real problems on LL. A MAP IS NOT CONTENT, A MAP IS WHERE YOU PUT THE CONTENT. 

No matter what map you choose, you'll still get the same experience NO MATTER WHAT. Shoot cops, farm weed, drive around, and minge around. No map will change that you guys. What we need to do is fill our map, TrueNorth, with content and things to do. Fun things to grind at and help our accounts progress to something that feels meaningful. Content is what we need; so long have we been dependent on the playerbase to make the content for us, we are all supposed to make our own fun, but that formula simply doesn't work with 30 players max on the server.

We need to implement new things to do, and I've been trying to get all of you to see this for the longest time. Hire more devs, bring in new things to do, and we will see more people sticking around. An occupied server brings new people in and makes them want to stay once they make friends and begin to find a new home in the community. It's a simple chicken and the egg situation. What comes first, the players or the content? You're stupid if you think the players come first in any meaningful way.

New, interesting, and engaging content = more players, simple as that.

MAP =/= CONTENT

Get this through all of your skulls and LL will be put on a better path.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12