Limelight Forums

Full Version: Player count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[Image: G6Lvuk1.png]
We haven't hit 80 players since early 2018 and that was only once which sadly really says something :/

So basically we haven't hit max players since the map change
A less shit map would be fantastic. I personally lost a great deal of my motivation to play since True North was implemented.

Not sure how Florida ended up being the map for the US server but it's dreadful, no wonder the player count is constantly zero. I would be interested to see what the affects of changing the US servers map to Rockford would be, not like there's anything to lose and it requires little to no work.
Just waiting to see where MESKA goes tbh. Last major update being the Sea of Green which was back in October 2017, but from what I've gathered last year was more focusing on optimisation than large chunks on content. Looking forward to seeing what MESKA brings to contraband and putting the mine to use by adding mining skills.
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:10 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]Just waiting to see where MESKA goes tbh. Last major update being the Sea of Green which was back in October 2017, but from what I've gathered last year was more focusing on optimisation than large chunks on content. Looking forward to seeing what MESKA brings to contraband and putting the mine to use by adding mining skills.

Honestly I'm just sick of hearing "waiting" I just wanna hop on the server when I'm bored and enjoy role playing with others and honestly I'm just not happy because right now I can't really do that with the low player count and the map. It's not that obviously a map change would change the gamemode, it's just strange how it impacts the playerbase and how the playerbase actually RP. Sorry I'm shite at trying to get my point across so I hope you understand what I'm saying
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:50 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:10 AM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]Just waiting to see where MESKA goes tbh. Last major update being the Sea of Green which was back in October 2017, but from what I've gathered last year was more focusing on optimisation than large chunks on content. Looking forward to seeing what MESKA brings to contraband and putting the mine to use by adding mining skills.

Honestly I'm just sick of hearing "waiting" I just wanna hop on the server when I'm bored and enjoy role playing with others and honestly I'm just not happy because right now I can't really do that with the low player count and the map. It's not that obviously a map change would change the gamemode, it's just strange how it impacts the playerbase and how the playerbase actually RP. Sorry I'm shite at trying to get my point across so I hope you understand what I'm saying

He has a point, Truenorth killed Limelight and it is hard to RP. Yeah it is possible but fucking difficult
#BringBackV4B1
No matter how many times people say it, V4B1 simply will not be used. The optimization issues it presents counter everything that the dev team have been working towards over years, and make optimization so much worse.

I'd be open to a new map - just not V4B1. Preferably not one as spaced out as TN.
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:17 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]No matter how many times people say it, V4B1 simply will not be used. The optimization issues it presents counter everything that the dev team have been working towards over years, and make optimization so much worse.

I'd be open to a new map - just not V4B1. Preferably not one as spaced out as TN.

what is V4B1
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:27 PM)henryhouse12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:17 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]No matter how many times people say it, V4B1 simply will not be used. The optimization issues it presents counter everything that the dev team have been working towards over years, and make optimization so much worse.

what is V4B1
 EvoCity V4B1
Also a sidenote, its early summer, population will fall because people either need to finish up exams, have taken summer jobs or other responsibilities.

Which is a shame when so much of the community voted for TrueNorth, then everyone comes out the woodwork to say how much they hate it.
(Jun 24, 2019, 03:20 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ][Image: G6Lvuk1.png]
We haven't hit 80 players since early 2018 and that was only once which sadly really says something :/

So basically we haven't hit max players since the map change

The map change that happened in mid 2017, or the one that happened early 2019, since there wasn't one in early 2018.
(Jun 25, 2019, 02:57 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

Which is a shame when so much of the community voted for TrueNorth, then everyone comes out the woodwork to say how much they hate it.

So what if the community voted for a certain map? The statistics are there and the fact is it's hurting the server
This shit is literally like if a house was burning down and it could be saved by putting the fire out but people voted that it should burn down so the owners are just gonna let it burn. Bit of a shite analogy but you get me.
I'd just wish someone less condescending would reply and understand.
(Jun 25, 2019, 04:48 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 02:57 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 25, 2019, 12:50 AM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I'm just sick of hearing "waiting" I just wanna hop on the server when I'm bored and enjoy role playing with others and honestly I'm just not happy because right now I can't really do that with the low player count and the map. It's not that obviously a map change would change the gamemode, it's just strange how it impacts the playerbase and how the playerbase actually RP. Sorry I'm shite at trying to get my point across so I hope you understand what I'm saying

So what if the community voted for a certain map? The statistics are there and the fact is it's hurting the server

This shit is literally like if a house was burning down and it could be saved by putting the fire out but people voted that it should burn down so the owners are just gonna let it burn. Bit of a shite analogy but you get me.
I'd just wish someone less condescending would reply and understand.

Yes, we've tried making decisions against the will of the community before.

SWAT Membership.
Racism ban.
Hell, even certain staff promotions.

The community are fickle, and ready to backlash at any decision we make. They voted for it, and even if that's what the statistics show, that's still the map they voted for.

Strange how most of the community voting for and supporting the map have now disappeared too though...
(Jun 25, 2019, 05:04 PM)Quest Wrote: [ -> ]Strange how most of the community voting for and supporting the map have now disappeared too though...

No need to tag me, I'm right here.
And it's strange that you know that, considering it was a private vote........
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12