Limelight Forums

Full Version: CityRP Closure - End of An Era
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Image: farewell-post.png]

Dear Players & Community Members,

It's with a heavy heart that we are announcing the closure of the Limelight CityRP servers. We're approaching the 6 year anniversary of Limelight Gaming and it's clear that it's time for the CityRP journey to come to an end. Some people will note that this move is potentially overdue however we've never been a team that gives up easily. Our attempts to revive the server have not worked out despite the play sessions initially showing positive signs, and we understand that this might be a result of actions being taken too late.

With the team no longer able to commit as much time, dedication, and money as would be needed to restore the CityRP server to its former status, we've made the difficult decision to finally say goodbye. This is not the end for Limelight, for example, our ADS community is still going strong and we intend on continuing to work together as a team under the Limelight Development banner to produce new things, including making CityRP2 public either through open-source or sale.

Finally, some silver lining news, we will be having a big farewell event for the CityRP server on August 6th (6 year anniversary!) at 7 PM GMT+1 (UK time) with a twist - we've dusted off and fixed up the original 2015 gamemode for a CityRP Classic experience which only seemed fitting for such an event. The CityRP Classic server has a separate, fresh database and all players will receive $2m and donator status upon joining in order to facilitate as much roleplay freedom as possible.

Thank you to all players for sticking with us over the years, for all of the happy memories, and thank you to the whole Limelight team including the veterans and people who have contributed throughout Limelight for everything. 

For one night only, please join us in giving a big sendoff to the gamemode we grew up playing and loving, and let's do it in style.

Lots of Love,
Bambo, Doctor Internet, Pinky, Burnett, Livkx

Our Statistics before the Farewell Event:

49,414 players seen
660,405 hours logged
4896 REPs awarded
Total player wealth is $200,472,145,474,374
Over 7500 updates to CityRP2 gamemode.

Farewell Event with 2015 CityRP will be happening August 6th (6 year anniversary!) at 7 PM GMT+1 (UK time).

Credits:
Thank you to the community, the veterans and the entire team.
Honestly, very sad. I joined Limelight CityRP a long time ago and it was very enjoyable up until the recent year or two, it was fun whilst it lasted - all good things come to an end at some point.

Thanks for the dedication over the years, let's have one last send off!
Boop 😮
I'm not crying you are
Really sad about this but I hope we can create new adventures as a community.
Sad to see this day finally come but it'll be interesting to see what's ahead once s&box nears release
Well this is absolutely tragic. Expected, but something we all didn't want to see.
Limelight was, and always will be, a major part of my childhood. Getting screamed at admins, to making incredible memories. Taking this opportunity now to apologise to those who I have wronged and to those who I'm not on the best of terms with, take care. <3
LL CityRP was hands down the best roleplay server in the entire game. Very unfortunate to see this shut down.
[Image: UtgauFm.png]

Finally.

I've collected so many great memories in LL CItyRP. It's a shame but also a relief to see you pull the plug. It just wasn't worth it anymore to keep it up. Shoutout to you guys that you tried to revive it - even if it was futile. I know you tried your best.

One thing from LL is still sticking with me to this day tho. (No, not Overlewd) - I met the love of my life here and we're living together since Februrary 2020 now.

I wish LL and it's team the best of luck for eventual upcoming projects and I'm trying to be there for the Event as well.

PS: Okay, I admit - it's also Overlewd. But that's because he's my second favourite Weeb. AYAYA
Haven't been here for a while, but this community has done a lot for me and my life. Thank you CityRP for stacking my garrysmod time, nothings beat it yet. I'm surprised to see quite a few of you still about, it's good to see you guys too! 

Now I need to get a really big Veteran's jacket for CityRP
Damn those onion sellers!
Classic CityRP
LET'S GO
Even though LimeLight had many ups and downs for me personally, I will never forget the experiences I've had here. I've made many great friends through this CityRP community. It'll never be forgotten.
It's not end of an era, it's the end of real true RP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8