Limelight Forums

Full Version: CityRP Closure - End of An Era
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Image: giphy.gif]

Limelight has been a great platform to engage in, connect with other people, making friendships and experiences I wouldn't want to be without. Being a Supervising Administrator in this community has been extremely rewarding, and I learned so many things that I've brought with me to my real-life job to this day. 
These days, I work with people, and I manage a large team where I help people grow, play to their strengths and help work with their weaknesses. I work with hiring people as well as dealing with more problematic ones, and I'm 100% sure that I wouldn't be where I am today without the experiences I've made during the years as an SA. My time in FL and LL has shaped me to be the person I am today.

I'd like to say a final "Thank you" to all past and present Contributors, Teachers, Moderators, Administrators, Developers and Supervising Administrators. You've all invested so much of yourself into this project while expecting so little in return. 
I'd also like to thank the players who've engaged in this community made Limelight what it was, and what it is today, and I'm extremely proud to have been a part of it. 

Thank you to my old team who trusted me with my old position, and for doing a damn good job. I miss you all, and I wish you the very best.   

Thank you for all the memories, good and bad. I wouldn't want to be without them.

Oh also... 

Temar, Temar. Your legs I -
(you know the rest)

So long. 

Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator

(Jul 21, 2021, 01:47 AM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]Like a lot of people here, LimeLight was my home for 1867 hours in the last six years. And an additional 1000+ hours carried over from Fearless.

Words can not literally describe how sad it is to see the server fall, but it is understandable.

1867 hours?

Nerd
If moving to another country and starting University wasn't enough, this is yet another very important chapter which helped form my childhood and I am only just realizing how fast time really is flying. 

It feels like yesterday being 11 years old sneakily playing FL on my brother's steam in the AM when he wasn't home since I didn't have my own. I could barely speak English and somehow it was entertaining for me to hide in an unowned apartment at Tides Motel contrawhoring for hours and hours.

Limelight gave me the opportunity to reunite with old players from FL like the homie ‍ who I've known for around 8 years now, and many many more. Putting all the bullshit aside, it's safe to say we all grew up in a great community and made some amazing memories over the years.

Thank you to all the people I share some great memories with, staff team and developers who have done nothing but their best.
Sad to see CityRP2 finally coming to an end,

Going through late school / college and being a part of this community was more like having a family of players than a gaming group. I have made some great friends being a part of this community ‍ ,‍ ‍ , ‍ (Although youre always busy Tongue ) ‍, ‍ the list goes on..

Some of my notable contibutions (and favourite) to this community:

Creating absolute meme masterpieces such as ‍:

[Image: Tl2NMYd.png]

RP Tips:
[Image: EBOXUPv.png]

Till Props:
[Image: UScqalZ.jpeg]

Scoreboard:
[Image: bS14m60.jpeg]

https://limelightgaming.net/services/cha...p?rev=8909

Dice Props:
[Image: 7CY51Kx.png]

Limelight and L2 Plates (W/ your boy Internet):
[Image: l9LOBNw.jpeg]

Im glad I was given the opportunity back then to give something back to this community from Joshua and I will never forget that.

Looking forward to playing one final time hopefully with you all. Going to quickly add an alarm for it as ill forget! Tongue

<3
Vadar
well thats a bit sad.

ty for everything over years and all the fun. thanks for the pleasure of being the boss of ‍  for a few years i really helped shape him as a person

thanks
brynn
ex-head of hr
best ex-sa
Hey all. I can back for one last reply. 

Funny enough, I'm still subscribed to Limelight email alerts ha ha. 

I had so many good memories with this server and this community. It's very sad to see it closing, as it feels like a chapter I will never be able to read again, but it only seems fitting to close it. 

Countless memories and moments will be saved in my mind and my heart. No matter how I go through life, and no matter what my future may be... I will never ever ever forget my first internet family. 

Thank you all so much for everything. Here's to Limelight CityRP. 

Cheers.
It's been truly a blessing how much you've all tried to throw at the hopes of a revival. While I may not have been here for as long as most who remain, I am still just a grateful for the experiences Limelight, through the commitment her team gave, has provided us all in days gone. Maybe I've seen Skyfall a few times too many by this point if this is what comes to mind, but seeing what you have all done I can't help but be reminded of the words from Tennyson;

Quote:‘Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.’

Thank you all for your commitment over the years giving us nothing but fond memories, even when the inevitability of time has been looming closer and closer, and for all you've done to delay this process, no matter how successful I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say thank you for doing what you could.
Shame to see Limelight go, for a bunch of teenagers under Temar's watch we didn't do too bad.

Thanks to all the staff over the years and to all the players for making LL what it was. Except ‍, fuck you.

I've still got over 2TB of game footage from over the years. Maybe one day I'll go through it and post some best bits. Hopefully there's more to come for this company, now go expand into ARMA fully ffs!
It's always a shame to see good things come to an end. It was nice to watch LL grow and develop over the years and I still remember the fun we all had on day 1, 2015. Best of luck in future endeavours.
I guess it isn't exactly a surprise given how things were going but still sad to see, rip.
Overdue, however still an absolute shame. I remember 6 years ago when we were all having the meetings on creating this new community. It truely is a sadening situation to see it go under. Lots of great memories and shout out to all the team who made it possible for the years it was alive.

It would be awesome to see this gamemode go up for sale or go open source! See if it has potential in another community.

All the best to everyone
(Jul 23, 2021, 07:21 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]now go expand into ARMA fully ffs!

What do you mean by fully, smh.
(Jul 23, 2021, 08:52 PM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]

MilSim is only one part of Arma

Arma Life when?
(Jul 23, 2021, 10:16 PM)Taylor Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 23, 2021, 08:52 PM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]

MilSim is only one part of Arma

Arma Life when?

Very sad to see this day come. I've had a lot of fun sleepless nights on limelight and met a lot of great people on the way, even going back to FL. 

I'll hopefully be able to make it to the event to see everyone again!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8