Limelight Forums

Full Version: CityRP Closure - End of An Era
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Although it was years ago that I last played on the server, I have great memories from the last months of FL and the first year or so of Limelight. This community has always been bigger than CityRP, and I'm sure the strong bonds that were formed on this server will long outlast this unfortunate farewell to Garry's Mod. Nevertheless, this is a very sad day.
I never learned how to make meth Sad
(Jul 20, 2021, 07:44 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]I never learned how to make meth Sad

I'll show you
REVOLVER GANG OWNS THIS TOWN YOU BUNCH OF BITCHES. All you punk-ass motherfuckin' admins n' pigs bettah get it thru ur thicc skullz dat we r da kangz of deeze strets. u fel me homez? gud.

lng live da revolvah gang, long live evocitah, n long live ur godezz of death, EMILIA DISPAR.
(Jul 20, 2021, 08:03 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]REVOLVER GANG OWNS THIS TOWN YOU BUNCH OF BITCHES. All you punk-ass motherfuckin' admins n' pigs bettah get it thru ur thicc skullz dat we r da kangz of deeze strets. u fel me homez? gud.

lng live da revolvah gang, long live evocitah, n long live ur godezz of death, EMILIA DISPAR.

ok
rip limelight was nice
Garry's Mod has always been the primary game that I have loved playing since I bought it back in 2013. CityRP became a huge part of that adventure when I joined Fearless and soon transitioned to Limelight after its opening back in 2015. During these 8 years, I have got to know an unbelievable amount of people that I never would have known without the CityRP gamemode. Thank you to everyone who made this community what it is today, everyone that I got to play with while spending my time growing up, everyone who put their effort into making the servers a better place, and everyone who made Limelight unique.

Seeing all names here brings up a lot of happy memories, you all will be remembered. Good luck to everyone that I've played with and those I stumbled upon! Everyone of you truly contributed in one way or another to make Limelight unique.
Damn we are all getting old,

‍Buy me a wheelchair
(Jul 20, 2021, 07:50 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 20, 2021, 07:44 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]I never learned how to make meth Sad

I'll show you

On the 6th of August we will be the biggest meth producers in town
It is with great sadness, that Lee's must bare witness to LimeLight gone LimpLight. Not in wildest dream, would Chong Lee ever forsee this demise however I can't help but feel that Temar should of taken great business offer, and saved community. Chong Lee forsee this event long time, tried saving community not good man.

- Ah, not good. 
[Image: unknown.png]
(Jul 20, 2021, 06:39 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much every single one of you for contributing to this great community.
When we opened our gates, back in August 5th 2015, I was 22 now 6 years later am turning 28.
I've learned and grown as a software programmer/devOps while I was here and am grateful for the great opportunities and 
memories we've all experienced here. What a fun and crazy ride, I must admit.

Through Limelight I've met so many great individuals whom I'm still connected to via LinkedIn/Facebook and I'm thrilled to 
keep on following their journeys. 

Special gratitude goes out to the players who have shaped this community into a fun place and supported it.
Wthout you there wouldn't have been any Limelight.

A huge hug and thank you goes out to Faustie/Infernaw for their endless trust in me and for giving me the opportunity (back at FL) to joining the team. Faustie, we have overcome so many obstacles in the beginning when LL was gaining popularity and the smalltalk about life has always helped me pushing the limits.

A huge brofist goes out to Internet for his work, dedication, trust and helping me grow with CI/Q&A/DevOps.
You have spent countless of hours, brain cells and work into shaping the community to a better and more open place.

A huge thank you goes out Temar for taking on the ownership and dealing with the tricky bureaucracy of Limelight as business, and for providing/founding this community. It took guts leaving FL after all those years of contributions to the community and leading the ex-staff into making a new community. Without you there wouldn't have been any Limelight.

Another huge brofist and thank you goes out to Goigle and Bambo for their honourable commitment, banter and for being great people to work with. 
It was (and will be) so much fun working with you in all aspects of programming/graphics.
Not often have I seen such commitment as Bambo portrays it. You are such a humble friend and I can't thank you enough 
for being the "engine" of the team.

A special appreciation goes out to livkx for sticking to us over these years, improving the gamemode by backdooring it and 
reporting back to us, for his code and updates, systems advice, and for making the cityrp classic farewell update (with Bambo).

A huge hug goes out to the HR/Admin/Dev staff over these years, for dealing with many matters and for 
shaping the team into becoming stronger and more decisive. Especially, BlackDog, Brynn, Cameron, Daley, Decay, Dig, Enzyme, Faustie, General Rickets, George, Jono, livkx, Nacreas, Nev, Night, Noble, Obay, PaulB, Pinky, Preditor, Raptor, Welker, SirWulf, TheRock, Toxic, Venom, Vol, Zecon, Jono, Nacreas, Night.

Last but not least: Thank you Ozzie for the great memories online and the banter! 

There are so many more people to thank but I'm afraid I can't list you all here.

GREAT WORK ALL INVOLVED

To answer a few questions that might come up:
+ The forums will stay online on a separate smaller machine
+ The discord will stay online
+ Your cityrp2 stats won't be lost, in case there ever is/will be a possibility of using those stats again.

U were 22 , i was with 28 , now at 34 with kids , life its different ahahahahah
(Jul 20, 2021, 10:30 PM)Andromeda Wrote: [ -> ]It is with great sadness, that Lee's must bare witness to LimeLight gone LimpLight. Not in wildest dream, would Chong Lee ever forsee this demise however I can't help but feel that Temar should of taken great business offer, and saved community. Chong Lee forsee this event long time, tried saving community not good man.

- Ah, not good. 
[Image: unknown.png]

Indeed, we have witnessed this hardship with great grief. It is important that we move forward, but don't forget the good time we spent here. I think it's worth jumping on the last event.
My only regret... the great people of this nation never got visit this version of HC[Image: 93e715ff43ecb400d8b9915e6abd5c20.gif]
The year was 2011, Lady Gaga's Born This Way and Katy Perry's Teenage Dream is pouring out of the speakers in every car radio, the media outlets were all talking about the outbreak of the Syrian War and 14-year-old Márk was, of course, at home alone, sitting in the little hole he called "Gaming Corner" next to the living room, installing Steam for the first time and with it, his first game, Garry's Mod.

We had slow ethernet back then so the game took around 30 minutes to download all the files,
which bothered "little" Márk very much so, that he hit "Cancel" and went to play Deathrun or TTT instead.

However, a month later, as TTT grew stale, I returned to the gamemode everyone in the GMOD voicechats
were talking about: RP. One of the first results on my server browser was CityRP (with around 100 players, both servers combined) so I hit the "Connect" button and went to eat lunch on the terrace.

It was then that I started my journey in CityRP. A journey that formed my childhood, gave me many friends, many challenges as a squeaker and taught me proper English (something I'm still thankful for, as it had given me many opportunities in my life).

But most importantly it gave me the courage to not only use my microphone (something I was fearful and scared for, due to me not being a native speaker), but also courage to try and make friends in school as well, since back then I didn't have any. 

There are many great memories in both Fearless and Limelight, that I now put into a special drawer in my heart. A drawer, that I can always open up and look back at proudly to say "Yes. I was there. I was a part of the magic."

As a final goodbye, I've put together an album of many of the funny, meaningful or just interesting screenshots I've taken over the years, from ‍ 's dictatorship, to ‍ entertaining us on the littletown map, to ‍ and ‍ helping me build one of my first dupes. The scoreboards are a real treasure trove of nostalgia as well.
Some of these will not be as meaningful to you, as it is to me and that is fine.
If you recognize yourself, make sure to give me a holla.

https://imgur.com/a/Vbwr4it

Edit: Many of my newer screenshots were lost due to a Win reinstall earlier this year, but if I find 'em, I'll upload them.
Like a lot of people here, LimeLight was my home for 1867 hours in the last six years. And an additional 1000+ hours carried over from Fearless.

Words can not literally describe how sad it is to see the server fall, but it is understandable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8