Limelight Forums

Full Version: CityRP Closure - End of An Era
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
puggy will be buzzin
Well nothing last 4 ever and this day would come , garrys mod its a outdated game and lets face , cityrp its been in garrys mod for more then 11 years , this was the best game mode i have played in a game , FL and LL were appart of our lifes for a bit and we shall remember good memories and also bad times aswell , your attemps may have failed for alot reasons , lets remember that most of old players and the OG ones are more older and have different priorities in their life , but if you guys manage to find a game where everyone would join (witch its very very very impossible) you guys could see alot players returning , after all everybody loves a good RP server.

Farewell
It's been a long time coming, and the writing's been on the wall.

We've done what we can, and we've been trying to improve, and during that we've let people have great experiences.
And that's honestly, at least 5 years of great experiences is a lot more than many expected.
i will sadly miss the BOA and MTL roofs

Thank you LL and all the members of WY-SEC, A37, MCSO and all the other groups who I created absolute chaos alongside.

Juliette Bravo will now enter retirement from her career as a war criminal and Thomas Cook will leave MCSO and join a new department. Still hellbent on finding bent coppers.

‍ ‍  I will never fucking forgive you for the incident with the i8
(Jul 20, 2021, 04:47 PM)Kurdayeti Wrote: [ -> ]LL CityRP was hands down the best roleplay server in the entire game. Very unfortunate to see this shut down.

Just after your unbanning too! Sad
Even tho I got banned plenty of times was part of plenty of drama and had some toxic moments here and there on LL.
I still have great memories and made great friends over the years on this server.
Most of my main friends on PC I met on LL and I am very thankful for that.
I wanna thank everyone for the amazing memories I made here.
Also shoutout to the staff team you guys did a fucking fantastic job running this place.

I will never forget Limelight. <3

Videos I made about LL shoutout A37 & Genovese Family:

Free the boys.
I have the big sad, but it should be fun to get back on again for a final send off.
6 years of memories, friendships, roleplays, bans and general dicking around. If it wasn't for CityRP and Limelight I wouldn't have made some of the most important friendships in my life, I wouldn't have learnt to code, and would probably have spent a lot more time outside in the fresh air. Thank you to everyone I've met along the way - except Smile

It's been fun setting up the old gamemode again and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I know I will. Let's give this a great sendoff. If anyone has any last minute suggestions for making the event/gamemode extra special then please feel free to hit me up on Discord.
They say men don't cry
Thank you so much every single one of you for contributing to this great community.
When we opened our gates, back in August 5th 2015, I was 22 now 6 years later am turning 28.
I've learned and grown as a software programmer/devOps while I was here and am grateful for the great opportunities and 
memories we've all experienced here. What a fun and crazy ride, I must admit.

Through Limelight I've met so many great individuals whom I'm still connected to via LinkedIn/Facebook and I'm thrilled to 
keep on following their journeys. 

Special gratitude goes out to the players who have shaped this community into a fun place and supported it.
Wthout you there wouldn't have been any Limelight.

A huge hug and thank you goes out to Faustie/Infernaw for their endless trust in me and for giving me the opportunity (back at FL) to joining the team. Faustie, we have overcome so many obstacles in the beginning when LL was gaining popularity and the smalltalk about life has always helped me pushing the limits.

A huge brofist goes out to Internet for his work, dedication, trust and helping me grow with CI/Q&A/DevOps.
You have spent countless of hours, brain cells and work into shaping the community to a better and more open place.

A huge thank you goes out Temar for taking on the ownership and dealing with the tricky bureaucracy of Limelight as business, and for providing/founding this community. It took guts leaving FL after all those years of contributions to the community and leading the ex-staff into making a new community. Without you there wouldn't have been any Limelight.

Another huge brofist and thank you goes out to Goigle and Bambo for their honourable commitment, banter and for being great people to work with. 
It was (and will be) so much fun working with you in all aspects of programming/graphics.
Not often have I seen such commitment as Bambo portrays it. You are such a humble friend and I can't thank you enough 
for being the "engine" of the team.

A special appreciation goes out to livkx for sticking to us over these years, improving the gamemode by backdooring it and 
reporting back to us, for his code and updates, systems advice, and for making the cityrp classic farewell update (with Bambo).

A huge hug goes out to the HR/Admin/Dev staff over these years, for dealing with many matters and for 
shaping the team into becoming stronger and more decisive. Especially, BlackDog, Brynn, Cameron, Daley, Decay, Dig, Enzyme, Faustie, General Rickets, George, Jono, livkx, Nacreas, Nev, Night, Noble, Obay, PaulB, Pinky, Preditor, Raptor, Welker, SirWulf, TheRock, Toxic, Venom, Vol, Zecon, Jono, Nacreas, Night.

Last but not least: Thank you Ozzie for the great memories online and the banter! 

There are so many more people to thank but I'm afraid I can't list you all here.

GREAT WORK ALL INVOLVED

To answer a few questions that might come up:
+ The forums will stay online on a separate smaller machine
+ The discord will stay online
+ Your cityrp2 stats won't be lost, in case there ever is/will be a possibility of using those stats again.
[quote pid='306168' dateline='1626799167']
To answer a few questions that might come up:
+ The forums will stay online on a separate smaller machine

[/quote]

Are you going to leave CityRP category visible but closed for new topics?
I guess we all saw it coming. I've met alot of friends on LimeLight and I've got many fond memories, hope to see you all beautiful people more in the future! Take care.
Jesus H Christ…. Just thinking that when LL opened I was at college and didn’t even have a drivers licence and now I’m supposedly an adult….. I really hope I can make it on the 6th but if not we need to make sure we stick around Sad
Now that is devaluing my lambo pretty bad
(Jul 20, 2021, 07:40 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Now that is devaluing my lambo pretty bad

hey don't worry it's a seperate database lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8