Limelight Forums

Full Version: CityRP Closure - End of An Era
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ah yes 3930 hours well spent
(Jul 23, 2021, 08:52 PM)Dick Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 23, 2021, 07:21 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]now go expand into ARMA fully ffs!

What do you mean by fully, smh.

As in don't pour all your resources into one game(mode). Learn from CityRP and what Limelight did with GMod.
Wasn't avoidable in the past few months tbh but well, thanks for all the fun time I spent on CityRP. I am definitely trying to attend the farewell event!
1,000+ Hours, so many friendships and an amazing community.

Thank you staff.

Not you ‍.

Or you ‍.

Thank you to everyone. See you on August 6th.

<3
Sad to see Limelight go, lots of great memories on here, Dont think Ill ever find RP so toxicly fun again lol
I started in this community when I first got my computer at 11 years old (On FL and making the transition over to Limelight when it was founded). It's safe to say, I've spent my childhood in this community. I'm now 18 and saying goodbye to the community I grew up in. I'd like to thank everyone who has played Limelight/Fearless with me and allowed me to grow as a person, teaching me important life lessons and giving advice along the way. Especially thanks to the staff team who kept Limelight well moderated and kept it alive for as long as they did. A lot of great memories and experiences are on here and you'll be sure to see me on August 6th for the final goodbye.

Thanks again for the amazing server!
bruh that's legit so sad to hear.. i am speechless right now.....
(Jul 29, 2021, 03:22 AM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]bruh that's legit so sad to hear.. i am speechless right now.....

Don't worry, habibi, we will survive. We always do.
Maybe not under the same gamemode. Maybe not under the same name. But we will come back.
I don't write much to these forums anymore. Every now and again I check the announcements, or scroll through the sub-forums. I think that's because I feel some attachment to the community; almost like an ex-girlfriend.

This community has seen me through from age 15, before I started my first job at McDonald's. I worked there for 4 years. Now I'm 21, and working a full time job in Property Management and Lettings for one of the UK's largest landlords.

I've learned a lot from Limelight. I've made many friends, some of which I still speak to every now and again. I don't think I'll ever forget about this community. It'll hold a place in my heart and mind for years. I think that's why I started to tear up a little when I saw this post.

It's a shame the decision to close was made, but it was a necessary one. All great things come to an end. Sadly, I have very little time these days to game, so I won't be joining the event. I hope everyone who does has a great time, especially on the classic 2015 gamemode.

Good luck for the future, Limelight and co.

Regards,
Harry
Thank you all for hours and hours (and even more hours) of roleplay experiences, fun and friendships that I was able to witness and be a part of here since 2016. I had never collected 1.8K screenshots in gameplay before and sometimes, I look back at them and just remember how much fun I had here. I gotta admit, I was a bit disappointed when my job (and life) became increasingly busy and I wasn't able to contribute as much of my time to the community as I wanted to, both within roleplay and within the staff team.

Even though that's life and the reality of it all, this was still one of my go-to places to return to, to relax from it all and meet (new) friends. I still checked the forums out once in while to see how everything was going and was hoping for some type of return, but the choice that has been made now is one I think we all can understand.

Everyone, good luck in your future endeavors and I really hope, until a next time.

[Image: N151ULO.jpg]
Thanks for everything this awesome community brought to me over the years. I have and will continue to miss everything and everyone about it forevermore :C
(Jul 29, 2021, 07:59 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 29, 2021, 03:22 AM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]bruh that's legit so sad to hear.. i am speechless right now.....

Don't worry, habibi, we will survive. We always do.
Maybe not under the same gamemode. Maybe not under the same name. But we will come back.

lets hope so
This is sad :/
Well, I saw it coming like 2 years ago so I can't say I'm surprised - but it is still sad.

A lot of memories came from playing Gmod, I made a little nostalgic video below for the old-school people. Combined some FL and LL screenshots.

I knew this day will come, it's so hard to let go but we have to, this honestly makes me want to cry.
Thank you for all the amazing years <3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8