Limelight Forums

Full Version: Map change to RP_Southside
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I understand posting map suggestions is technically against the guidelines, but we have posted in the past for Union City, and it was allowed, and this is a continuation of it.

We have attempted to get the map changed in the past with Rp_UnionCity but there where certain key features of the map that it lacked to make it a proper choice for the server, But recently the person that made Rp_UnionCity released a new map called Rp_Southside which puts itself in Brooklyn, New York right outside of Manhattan. 

Let me tell you, this map has everything we are looking for, and more. We have stress tested the map with multiple entities/NPC's/Vehicles(including ones with photon) and the map handles 10x better than any of our current maps with  much better FPS (because of maps built in draw distance and generally more polished creation).

The map has -

- A multi level police station, with jails, interrogation room, shooting range, evidence locker and much more.
- A fire station with functioning pole.
- A mechanic shop with functioning lifts.
- A city hall with a mayors office.
- A city wide alarm system that alerts to a control panel in the police station.
- A sewer system.
- A neighborhood with highly detailed houses, and working light switches.
- A multi level hospital with many operating rooms and stations.
- Over 40 buildings with interiors, with working light switches and toilets. (very important)
- A nightclub with all the features you could want.
- A waterfront area complete with warfs and fishing docks. (even a boat)
- The map contains no wasted space, with a grid pattern street system with lots of ways to get around.
- Many rooftop access points, side alleys, basements and other areas great for RP.
- Multiple access points to almost every building.
- Multiple breakable glass windows, for epic gunfights.

And a ton more features that I forgot or did not mention

Overall just an extremely well polished maps with tons of detail, great performance and loads of RP potential, and I really do mean loads.

I have attached some pictures of the map below, and links at the bottom.

Click SPOILER for pictures.

[Image: epggorc.jpg]

Link Here ----> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2028581413
Ayyy +1 Pepperoni
That is an incredible map that is well done it really shows the age of EvoCity.

Basically if you took the best features of EvoCity and Rockford and slammed them in a nitty gritty setting, you'd have a worse version of this map.

It feels so much bigger than it is, but never feels cramped.
[Image: AFAF.jpg]
Tested this map personally - I really like the details put into this map. Itd surely be a great place to roleplay!
I’m not one to normally comment on map suggestions...but from experience playing this map it is literally amazing, perfect for CityRP...

The only issue I have is I can’t remember there being an open area for players to build dupes which could restrict many RPs.. (maybe I haven’t seen it if there is one)
(Mar 29, 2020, 12:16 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not one to normally comment on map suggestions...but from experience playing this map it is literally amazing, perfect for CityRP...

The only issue I have is I can’t remember there being an open area for players to build dupes which could restrict many RPs.. (maybe I haven’t seen it if there is one)

There are some small areas but nothing big, tons of big buildings to build in, (warehouses, etc)

Its a different map, its Brooklyn New York a bustling compact city unlike any other map we've ever had.
tbh, no clue if the map is good but I would like to see a map change.
Just so we have something new to explore.
I think it will be something new and fresh.

+Support

Edit: Just looked at the map and wtf this must happen its soooo good!
+++++SUPPORT
Evocity is plain,  boring and overused. Not a great selling point for LL. It runs like dog shit, it looks like dog shit and it's old, really old. I can understand a concern being the last map change to truenorth almost killed the entire community. But maybe test this one for week. Because to be honest I have never heard someone say I love evocity. Evocity works but so could other maps and they could work even better. 

+support
I don't play LL atm, however I'm going to weigh in here.

I've been source map making for years. I stopped a while back because I got bored. However this map, is something I could never achieve. A none blockly, dense realistic map. Its a very well made map, and it uses techniques I've never seen before like drawing a make shift LODS (Something source doesn't even have) 

This map is phenomenal. And its a great size, its condensed and forces player interaction. Moreover, because its so detailed you don't need to go over bored with props. However that is the downside. Making dupes on that map is not easy. However,  I think thats beneficial for the sake of performance and if there is the chance that LimeLight would switch to it. I would give it a +Support.
I'm torn really. It's a tremendous map, it truly is, with many many resources to work with. My only concern is its shining feature, the detail. I personally LOVE making detailed dupes that defy what the map expects you to do, for example my brewery that comes in a cave, but it can be difficult when your only options are all detailed to the extent that a normal person makes a dupe. We might see some more people willing to dip their toes in passive RP with this map, but the regulars who make many dupes might be a bit turned off.
+Support yes pls!
+Support

We need a mapchange! Not for the reason to get more players, because EviCity is outdated and boring nowadays. LL would be so good with this map, in alot of RP's.
God i'm torn.

On one hand this map is incredible. Immense amounts of detail. Almost so much I wonder if it is too much for LL.

On the other hand this map has no real 'main street', tons of hiding spots, a whole sewer system, a lot of water, and other things that I could see turn into issues rather than benefits.

Neutral for now. Im crawling back into my cave to fester on this.
I would only support a change to this map together with a map rotation system, as this map could seriously affect the way of how cityRP works considering we never had anything similar to this before.

Edit: We would definitely need new liveries as well, as most of the current ones would not fit at all anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10