Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Feedback] Truenorth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[Image: 75b587a2593ba276393b1544aec4180c.png]

Hello community,

With the launch of the map trials, we wanted to give you a platform where you can provide feedback

This thread is for Truenorth.

You can give feedback in;

Area naming,
Performance (Increase or Drop)
Roleplay feel,
and many more.

Have fun, and keep in mind this is vital when it comes to our final decision.
FPS seems to have improved from Rockford for myself, a stable 25-30 now, unlike Rockford.

Seems like a very interesting map, with a good layout and interesting RP spots. Look forward to trying it more across the week for a bit more indepth feedback

EDIT: Got lost for 30 minutes, noice
Little performance report:
In the main town area, I get between 10-30 FPS, primarily low 20s. I've had better frames on Rockford.

System:
i7 7700 @ 2.5Ghz
GTX 1060 3GB
8 GB RAM

Update: upon playing in some areas in the city (apartments on the main row of shops), performance can get as bad as 5 - 10 FPS. ‍ experienced this with me at the same time.

ForceGhost

Performance:

10-20 FPS in the city.

50-60 FPS out of the city.

GTX 1080ti
16GB RAM
30-60 fps | ~45 fps - innercity

50-90 fps | ~75 fps - outercity

Server ping is horrible tho. Many players have a high ping. I am always around a 100ms ping despite having a great connection. Ping lag is really bad.

Overall my fps are better.

i7 8700k
16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
MSI 1060 Gaming X 6G
Gmod 64bit and Gmod 32bit used.
Tons of console spam about an error with a vertex file for "props_c17\FurnitureSink001a.mdl", checksum -455724047 should be 277537210.

Fills it up, even after clearing.
Currently I cannot confirm any ping related network-issues on EU dedi, but I'll keep monitoring.
Maybe v1a requires more networking activity than v2b? I remember when we switched from v33x to v4b1 for that reason.
But I can't confirm nor deny that either.
(Jan 1, 2019, 06:56 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Currently I cannot confirm any ping related network-issues on EU dedi, but I'll keep monitoring.

It ain't that dramatic, but from what I've seen the ping is much higher than on Rockford.

I've had an average ping of around 60 on Rockford (sometimes jumping up, typical ping lag). On the current map I have an average of over 90ms, often jumping up to 150ms resulting in a huge ping lag/lerp for me (horrible whilst driving). Also, the average ping when looking at the scoreboard is pretty high.
Ping goes to around 150 in the city whereas Rockford would usually top out at 100.

Granted I'm a US player so it's SSDD for me.
Console commands (gmod_mcore_test 1, ...) gave me a huge fps boost.

Went from an average of 45fps innercity to 70-100fps innercity.

On Rockford, those commands only gave me around 10 fps more.
The spot where you can de-spawn your car should be placed at the gas-stations again.

It took me ages to find the cinema parking.

/suggestion
(Jan 1, 2019, 07:28 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Console commands (gmod_mcore_test 1, ...) gave me a huge fps boost.

Went from an average of 45fps innercity to 70-100fps innercity.

On Rockford, those commands only gave me around 10 fps more.

gmod_mcore_test 1 has been the cause of random crashing and various other issues for people on LL so use it knowing that risk. It definitely helps but can be frustrating when crashes happen
Inner City: Around 60-80FPS (With all FPS Boosting Commands)

Outer City: Around 100 FPS[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]  (With all FPS Boosting Commands)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Overall this map really looks good and got much potential.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]The only problem I see is the horrible ping lag, but it's the same as on rockford so I think it's not the map, it's the server.[/font]

SETUP

CPU : Intel Core i7-8700K 6x 3.7GHz (4.9GHz)

RAM : 32768MB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz (4x8GB)

Harddrive: 250GB M.2 2280 PCIe x4 Samsung SSD 960 Evo

GPU : 11264MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 
Moving away from frames and lag, I'm gonna talk about the feel of the map, and the usefulness of some of the buildings.

The Town Hall was quite the sore thumb during my sessions today. Only 1 room for the President, no rooms for the Secret Service or Vice-President, and a LOT of fake doors, I found this building to be rather frustrating to play in. The desks in the lobby have no way of getting behind them without jumping over it, which seems silly and ruins RP immersion. The amount of fake doors really does put you off that top floor, and the lack of any sort of security office destroys any RP sense of having the secret service even spawn there, imo.

The street next to Main Street with all the tiny shops and apartments seems quite slacky. The copy-pasted buildings show no uniqueness at all, apart from the textures on the walls and floor. There's just something about this that ruins the street. Not to mention the overly used apartment floors and rooms.

Moving away from the lacking buildings in the inner city, the outer city also features some rather questionable design ideas. The absolute labrynth that is the road system is confusing to new players and will put them off wanting to play on Limelight because of this map. I frequently find myself either going in circles, or just ending up back at the city when I'm trying to reach a specific location. It seems like the map creator tried making a realistic layout with the roads - fair - but we don't have a GPS system to aid the emergency services in arriving promptly on scene. If there's a shoot out, the culprits will be gone before the police even arrive on scene. That's realistic and great and all, but we also lack the "detective RP" features needed to chase up this kind of RP.

Overall, I feel as though there's some great potential for this map. I'm giving my honest opinion in the points I made above, and I think in the future, the map would be a good candidate for selection. Right now, we need a better map. One that's established, has gone through versions based off of suggestions/feedback, and not the very first release of a map that only released a week ago. It looks nice on the trailer, it looks nice from a distance, but up close, inspecting the map and it's functionality, it's just not Limelight. It doesn't feel like a Limelight map, and won't do until it's had a few versions, and has been polished up by the creator.
I get 10-20 frames for some reason.
I have a gtx 1060 6gb and usually had 40-60 on Rockford. On a side note it's a nightmare to moderate. My ping seems to have also suffered as the good majority of people's voices are extremely laggy, something I never suffered on Rockford.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11