Limelight Forums

Full Version: Rule Clarifications Record and Q/A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quote:1.3 - Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. If you suddenly have to go, inform the people you are roleplaying with via LOOC and give them a few minutes to conclude the RP. If you are unable to stay for those few minutes, we recommend that you go AFK instead of disconnecting and inform staff via @. 

According to 1.3 // wouldn't it be against the rules to then press spacebar to end your life in a situation where you were downed by law enforcement but are receiving medical attention to keep you in fairly good-standing health (?) considering it only takes a few missing HP points to get this ability and it allows you to make the choice to end your life, which does make it an example of suicide and allows you to avoid potential RP situations that might follow being revived (e.g. arrest, fine, etcetera)

I know this isn't how it is enforced but with the current wording, doesn't it technically state it in a way that could apply to that scenario?
(Mar 4, 2019, 06:50 PM)David Phillips Wrote: [ -> ]"Overlewd"‍
I was in a conversation with a moderator and we had a difference of opinion regarding how the permanent laws are interpreted. I stated that Marijuana isn’t against the law unless it is mentioned, he stated that since there is no law mentioning the legality of it then it is, by default, illegal. Which is correct?

Personally I don’t see the issue with Citizens growing weed; maybe if they are conducting themselves  in a way that is beyond the scope of recreational growing and/or a large scale business. In cases where they are openly conducting themselves in a criminal manner through hostilities and the use of force to keep law enforcement out then it would then make sense to change their title(s)

By default, weed is not illegal. That was made clear in the recent suggestion on changing the permanent law.
(Mar 4, 2019, 07:21 PM)David Phillips Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:1.3 - Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. If you suddenly have to go, inform the people you are roleplaying with via LOOC and give them a few minutes to conclude the RP. If you are unable to stay for those few minutes, we recommend that you go AFK instead of disconnecting and inform staff via @. 

According to 1.3 // wouldn't it be against the rules to then press spacebar to end your life in a situation where you were downed by law enforcement...

Ignoring the question about the rule itself, being healed whilst there is an active paramedic prevents the player from suicide in that situation, for (iirc) like two minutes after the last heal.
(Mar 4, 2019, 06:50 PM)David Phillips Wrote: [ -> ]
I was in a conversation with a moderator and we had a difference of opinion regarding how the permanent laws are interpreted. I stated that Marijuana isn’t against the law unless it is mentioned, he stated that since there is no law mentioning the legality of it then it is, by default, illegal. Which is correct?

Personally I don’t see the issue with Citizens growing weed; maybe if they are conducting themselves  in a way that is beyond the scope of recreational growing and/or a large scale business. In cases where they are openly conducting themselves in a criminal manner through hostilities and the use of force to keep law enforcement out then it would then make sense to change their title(s)

I would say there’s two sides to this argument:

Either it falls under contraband and is illegal, or;

“Innocent until proven guilty”, “legal until made illegal” etc.
(Mar 4, 2019, 07:21 PM)David Phillips Wrote: [ -> ]

According to 1.3 // wouldn't it be against the rules to then press spacebar to end your life in a situation where you were downed by law enforcement but are receiving medical attention to keep you in fairly good-standing health (?) considering it only takes a few missing HP points to get this ability and it allows you to make the choice to end your life, which does make it an example of suicide and allows you to avoid potential RP situations that might follow being revived (e.g. arrest, fine, etcetera)

I know this isn't how it is enforced but with the current wording, doesn't it technically state it in a way that could apply to that scenario?

Pressing spacebar to end your life is not against the rules in any situation (except maybe if you were for whatever reason injured and in the middle of an @ situation at the same time, but even then you'd probably just be teleported back).

From my perspective and experience, weed is legal by default. However in light of opinion discrepancy a staff thread has been opened. I will get back to this thread once a consensus is properly known.
(Mar 4, 2019, 11:27 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]

From my perspective and experience, weed is legal by default. However in light of opinion discrepancy a staff thread has been opened. I will get back to this thread once a consensus is properly known.

Contraband
Imported or exported illegally, either in defiance of a total ban or without payment of duty.

Unless you define what is considered contraband, everything is legal. There is no perma law against printing money iirc nor is there one against producing drugs, unless I am missing something cops shouldn't be able to arrest you for having printers.
(Mar 4, 2019, 11:32 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 4, 2019, 11:27 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]

Contraband
Imported or exported illegally, either in defiance of a total ban or without payment of duty.

Unless you define what is considered contraband, everything is legal. There is no perma law against printing money iirc nor is there one against producing drugs, unless I am missing something cops shouldn't be able to arrest you for having printers.

I suppose the inventory/market tab literally named "contraband" isn't clear enough?

Also why quote me there? I didn't even mention contraband.
(Mar 4, 2019, 11:42 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 4, 2019, 11:32 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 4, 2019, 11:27 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]From my perspective and experience, weed is legal by default. However in light of opinion discrepancy a staff thread has been opened. I will get back to this thread once a consensus is properly known.

Contraband

I suppose the inventory/market tab literally named "contraband" isn't clear enough?

Also why quote me there? I didn't even mention contraband.

Ive thought this as well, and Project is correct.

When I rewrote the permalaws, I dono, 6-7 years ago now at this point, I did not account for the fact that Contraband as itself, does not actualy mean anything ICly without some kind of IC definition to back it.

Contraband is basicly anything that the government criminalizes, like say Trabants, medical packs, or any other item, vehicle or whatever that they deem fit to make illegal.

To use the Market tabs Easy Reference title is more or less Powergaming by definition. "The use of out of character information to influence in-character actions, or choices."

Its one thing to say the production of NARCOTICS is a crime, its one thing to say the production of COUNTERFIT MONEY is a crime, but to simply say Contraband means nothing without first being defined by pre-existing laws defining just what the contraband actualy is.

Note: If we do change the wording, to simply say narcotics though isnt wise, as this would also criminalize the use of medical drug labs formed kits and the like
Could easily state: All narcotics are to be considered illegal unless otherwise by presidential law.
(Mar 4, 2019, 06:50 PM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]

Returning to this as promised. The thread was concluded and it was decided that weed should be considered illegal by default but can be made legal by the current president using the law system if they so desire. This is the way it will be enforced from now on. I will try get the permalaws adjusted slightly to make this clear.
Hey i have a question, here it is: Is a president walking/driving about the city with No protection such as SSA be classed as FailRP?
i have a question, whats a valid reason to raid another base as a criminal!!!?!?!?! thanks
(Mar 29, 2019, 11:57 PM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]i have a question, whats a valid reason to raid another base as a criminal!!!?!?!?! thanks

if door is owned u can raid
(Mar 29, 2019, 09:22 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]Hey i have a question, here it is: Is a president walking/driving about the city with No protection such as SSA be classed as FailRP?

It’s silly, but no. Their choice to want to be an open target
(Mar 29, 2019, 11:57 PM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]i have a question, whats a valid reason to raid another base as a criminal!!!?!?!?! thanks

yea im still wondering thnx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8