Limelight Forums

Full Version: Rule Clarifications Record and Q/A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(Dec 30, 2018, 02:56 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]Same concept as doing contraband as a citizen. Your job title isn't really for other players' use anymore, it's more to inform staff of what your RP is about etc. At least that's as far as I know. I guess it all depends on the severity. If you break every red light carelessly, I'd say that's pushing the whole "Tony's Towing" job title, but if you break one light because you're in a hurry, anyone can do that really.

Its all still entirely IC with IC consequences, so why would this in anyway warrant an OOC punishment?

One time i was towing vehicles for the gov but when i was going to tow the presidents car for being illigaly parked, he revoked my pass immediately, when i Still attempted to tow it as there was no law forbidding private low companies to operate without a pass, he had me arrested.

Its all IC with IC consequences
(Dec 30, 2018, 02:56 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2018, 02:12 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2018, 01:26 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]I'd think about it this way: a mechanic/citizen under the job title (for example) "Tony's Towing" has the job title that suggests their employment is towing vehicles. Would a citizen be able to drive through red lights and drive recklessly? No, because they're meant to be a law abiding citizen, and doing that would be failing to properly RP their job (otherwise known as Fail RP). A mechanic wouldn't be so different to this, since their job is to fix and tow vehicles, not break traffic laws. Unsanctioned or not, I don't think simply not having a license to tow gives you the OOC right to break traffic laws too.

That's my take on it, I guess.

But why wouldn't this be dealt with IC? If a Citizen ran a red light they would be fined. They wouldn't receive a vehicle blacklist.

Same concept as doing contraband as a citizen. Your job title isn't really for other players' use anymore, it's more to inform staff of what your RP is about etc. At least that's as far as I know. I guess it all depends on the severity. If you break every red light carelessly, I'd say that's pushing the whole "Tony's Towing" job title, but if you break one light because you're in a hurry, anyone can do that really.

So is this quote for you wanting people to get punished again for driving away from police because they are a "Citizen"?

You can be a citizen of any country but that doesn't mean you are law-abiding at all. Why would this differ from any other interaction?
(Dec 30, 2018, 03:28 AM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2018, 02:56 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2018, 02:12 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]But why wouldn't this be dealt with IC? If a Citizen ran a red light they would be fined. They wouldn't receive a vehicle blacklist.

Same concept as doing contraband as a citizen. Your job title isn't really for other players' use anymore, it's more to inform staff of what your RP is about etc. At least that's as far as I know. I guess it all depends on the severity. If you break every red light carelessly, I'd say that's pushing the whole "Tony's Towing" job title, but if you break one light because you're in a hurry, anyone can do that really.

So is this quote for you wanting people to get punished again for driving away from police because they are a "Citizen"?

You can be a citizen of any country but that doesn't mean you are law-abiding at all. Why would this differ from any other interaction?

Isn't that how it works? I'm not stating facts, I'm just saying how I think it is to maybe help with Force's question. Your RP job title should reflect the RP you're in, so if you're job title is "Tony's Towing" and you're blowing red lights and catching police pursuits, is that not failing to RP as your intended job title and therefore against the rules? That's how I've known it to be, anyway.

ForceGhost

(Dec 30, 2018, 03:51 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2018, 03:28 AM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2018, 02:56 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]Same concept as doing contraband as a citizen. Your job title isn't really for other players' use anymore, it's more to inform staff of what your RP is about etc. At least that's as far as I know. I guess it all depends on the severity. If you break every red light carelessly, I'd say that's pushing the whole "Tony's Towing" job title, but if you break one light because you're in a hurry, anyone can do that really.

Isn't that how it works? I'm not stating facts, I'm just saying how I think it is to maybe help with Force's question. Your RP job title should reflect the RP you're in, so if you're job title is "Tony's Towing" and you're blowing red lights and catching police pursuits, is that not failing to RP as your intended job title and therefore against the rules? That's how I've known it to be, anyway.

I don't think it's FailRP to run a red light as a tow driver. You may be under pressure to tow x amount of cars or perhaps you've had a large amount of towing requests come in and you're trying to clear the backlog as soon as possible. It's a risk vs reward thing. You might be able to make more money by being the quickest towing company but you might get a speeding ticket out of it. I don't understand why OOC punishment would ever occur unless your ramming every vehicle off of the road or intentionally getting in police pursuits.
(Dec 30, 2018, 03:05 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]

Its all still entirely IC with IC consequences, so why would this in anyway warrant an OOC punishment?

One time i was towing vehicles for the gov but when i was going to tow the presidents car for being illigaly parked, he revoked my pass immediately, when i Still attempted to tow it as there was no law forbidding private low companies to operate without a pass, he had me arrested.

Its all IC with IC consequences

I see the example you gave as an entirely IC situation. The towing is IC, president revoking your license is IC, you towing it anyway is IC, arresting is IC, therefore any consequences are IC. If people with their job as "Citizen" came down into the jails to break you out, staff would be all over it telling you to either change your title, or giving you a blacklist. Their job title being an OOC factor, the actions being IC, and them both not complimenting each other creates an OOC problem.

With my example and the example in Force's question, I see it as your job title is OOC, as a tool to inform others and staff members of your RP intent, if I'm not mistaken. So job title is OOC, blowing the red light is IC, but they don't compliment each other OOCly and the problem stems from an out-of-character place: the job title not being appropriate for the actions. I could be thinking in a very Dark RP-like fashion but I believe that's how Limelight used to do it. I don't know if we still do it like that.
Dicky is claiming ingame that you are not allowed to pay for people to leave certain jobs, or swap jobs with you. Can HR confirm?
(Dec 30, 2018, 05:17 PM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]Dicky is claiming ingame that you are not allowed to pay for people to leave certain jobs, or swap jobs with you. Can HR confirm?

It’s true, yet people still allow it. I don’t see why it shouldn’t be allowed if it’s voluntary and/or paid for.
Quote:Does NLR apply to notes?

Can I do /note Matt Simmons (Grey hair, Blue eyes, White Skin, Age 45, Wearing a yellow suit) killed for former boss.

Then if I die, once I've found the note, use this information to hunt down the person in the note?
Eeeeh. Mostly if you were part of a team/gang and you shared this info, died and then were re-shared it by teammates, it'd be okay. Same with the note in that case. But if you are alone then it'd be a bit odd I'd say. Imagine you make an attempt on "Matt Simmons'" life but fail and die. If you are in a gang it makes sense that your death wouldn't stop the gang from pursuing that person, but if you are alone then the opposite makes RP sense. And in either case this would have to make RP sense like being a file at your base rather than a random  note in the middle of nowhere that you hastily made just to avoid NLR disadvantage.

Quote:Can breaking traffic laws as an unsanctioned Tow Company lead to OOC punishment? I have been informed by a member of staff this is infact the case, but this doesn't seem correct
That depends if said breakage of traffic laws is something very common like just minor speeding or something which may fall under police baiting such as constantly running red lights while speeding a lot etc, since you should be trying to conduct your business inconspicuously.

Quote:Dicky is claiming ingame that you are not allowed to pay for people to leave certain jobs, or swap jobs with you. Can HR confirm?
You can offer to pay people to leave their jobs. You can accept money to leave a job if someone offers you it first. You CANNOT advertise leaving your job for money as that would be seen as abusing the slot mechanic not to use your chosen job but rather to lock other people out of the job behind paying you money.

So, "Hey can I pay you 10k to leave cop?" "Ait." Is okay.
But,
"Damn all the cop slots are full." "If you pay me 10k I'll leave the job". "Ait". Is not okay.
(Dec 31, 2018, 08:34 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Does NLR apply to notes?

Can I do /note Matt Simmons (Grey hair, Blue eyes, White Skin, Age 45, Wearing a yellow suit) killed for former boss.

Then if I die, once I've found the note, use this information to hunt down the person in the note?
Eeeeh. Mostly if you were part of a team/gang and you shared this info, died and then were re-shared it by teammates, it'd be okay. Same with the note in that case. But if you are alone then it'd be a bit odd I'd say. Imagine you make an attempt on "Matt Simmons'" life but fail and die. If you are in a gang it makes sense that your death wouldn't stop the gang from pursuing that person, but if you are alone then the opposite makes RP sense. And in either case this would have to make RP sense like being a file at your base rather than a random  note in the middle of nowhere that you hastily made just to avoid NLR disadvantage.

Just to be clear, if I write a note, with "Insert information it has on here", put it in my office, pin it to a notice board, place it on my desk, someone elses desk or however, even If I "die" (We really need to rename the NLR system) upon my eventual return, said information pinned, posted, or placed is still 100% valid and usable, correct?

Quote:Can breaking traffic laws as an unsanctioned Tow Company lead to OOC punishment? I have been informed by a member of staff this is infact the case, but this doesn't seem correct
That depends if said breakage of traffic laws is something very common like just minor speeding or something which may fall under police baiting such as constantly running red lights while speeding a lot etc, since you should be trying to conduct your business inconspicuously.

The bolded and underlined bit here confuses me, Police Baiting is not an accidental action, even if a player is speeding, and running lights and what not, it cannot be just determined that they are police baiting without confirmation that such an action is the sole purpose of what they are doing and not merely an incidental consequence.

It would be like punishing a player for a kill they had every right to make due to prior RP and actions taken on both sides, but it is determined to be "RDM" 

No kill is random as there is always a reason, its whether or not it was valid and cannot simply be declared as such, and Police Baiting cannot simply be declared without proof that the actions taken we're done with the sole goal of getting the police into a chase.

Quote:Dicky is claiming ingame that you are not allowed to pay for people to leave certain jobs, or swap jobs with you. Can HR confirm?
You can offer to pay people to leave their jobs. You can accept money to leave a job if someone offers you it first. You CANNOT advertise leaving your job for money as that would be seen as abusing the slot mechanic not to use your chosen job but rather to lock other people out of the job behind paying you money.

So, "Hey can I pay you 10k to leave cop?" "Ait." Is okay.
But,
"Damn all the cop slots are full." "If you pay me 10k I'll leave the job". "Ait". Is not okay.

As far as ive known people havent been allowed to buy job slots for some time? Thought it was classed as failRP/Metagaming

In buying a cop slots case:

FailRP: Heres 10k, you give up your entire career, so that I can take your place

Metagaming: Job slots and their numbers are an ooc concept and information that they exist is obtained via an OOC menu, to speak to a player ICly about buying their job from them would be useing OOC information for IC gain.

I feel breaking the law with [insert job title] should be left IC. IRL tow truckers, bankers, gun dealers, and even taxi drivers break laws. Why should they be punished for breaking the law? If they’re constantly breaking laws on purpose (Like baiting police or for no reason running lights) then it falls under not doing their job. However if they prioritize their job and break laws to complete that priority, I feel it should stay IC.

You are allowed to take actions which immediately break LoS between you and the FearRP initiator as long as the FearRP initiator has no direct way to quickly reestablish LoS. E.g If you are behind a solid opaque fence and the FearRP initiator has no way to climb over it but can see your upper body and points a gun at you, if you duck behind the fence you break LoS and the FearRP initiator has to go lockpick a door or crack a keypad or whatever to get through a door and get to you directly.”

How long has this clarification been in place?
What cars are bulletproof?
(Feb 3, 2019, 01:48 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]What cars are bulletproof?

Presidential Limo and the SWAT Bearcat (Van) are bulletproof. These vehicles allow you to void FearRP.

The Armoured Sprinter prevents 75% of damage taken however FearRP still applies.
(Feb 3, 2019, 01:50 AM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 3, 2019, 01:48 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]What cars are bulletproof?

Presidential Limo and the SWAT Bearcat (Van) are bulletproof. These vehicles allow you to void FearRP.

The Armoured Sprinter prevents 75% of damage taken however FearRP still applies.

Don't forget though, while fearRP may not apply, an ASP baton left clicked on its window absolutely smashes it and pulls them out. 

More or less the only way to actually force someone out of these, but it only works on the driver.

I was in a conversation with a moderator and we had a difference of opinion regarding how the permanent laws are interpreted. I stated that Marijuana isn’t against the law unless it is mentioned, he stated that since there is no law mentioning the legality of it then it is, by default, illegal. Which is correct?

Personally I don’t see the issue with Citizens growing weed; maybe if they are conducting themselves  in a way that is beyond the scope of recreational growing and/or a large scale business. In cases where they are openly conducting themselves in a criminal manner through hostilities and the use of force to keep law enforcement out then it would then make sense to change their title(s)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8