Limelight Forums

Full Version: Rule Clarifications Record and Q/A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic made Sticky.
Added to FearRP section:

Quote:You are allowed to press panic/security screen buttons as long as they are out of LoS of the FearRP initiator, and either have no visible effect or immediately break your LoS to the FearRP initiator. E.g Pressing panic button behind counter when under gunpoint. E.g pressing button to close shutters which cuts off LoS/breaks FearRP.

You are allowed to take actions which immediately break LoS between you and the FearRP initiator as long as the FearRP initiator has no direct way to quickly reestablish LoS. E.g If you are behind a solid opaque fence and the FearRP initiator has no way to climb over it but can see your upper body and points a gun at you, if you duck behind the fence you break LoS and the FearRP initiator has to go lockpick a door or crack a keypad or whatever to get through a door and get to you directly.
If you used a ladder to get onto a roof, you must keep that ladder where it was originally placed until the time when you are off the roof."

This seems idiotic in certain situations where you usually only carry one ladder. Why not take the ladder up each wall you climb?
(Nov 5, 2018, 04:53 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]If you used a ladder to get onto a roof, you must keep that ladder where it was originally placed until the time when you are off the roof."

This seems idiotic in certain situations where you usually only carry one ladder. Why not take the ladder up each wall you climb?

True in that case it's a bit odd... But mostly it's to make it not a complete pain during raids and aggressive situations and to prevent potential conflicts with the "tools in combat" rule. There aren't many buildings on the map at all which require you to climb multiple ladders to reach the top. Really only like one comes to mind, being the bank.
(Oct 20, 2018, 02:48 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 20, 2018, 02:28 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Can The President/Police Chief restrict lethal weaponry from POLICE OFFICERS while allowing SWAT to still have lethal firearms?

(Based on my personal opinion and precedent that I remember + opinions of a couple other staff members)

No they cannot. Police officers spawn by default with lethal weaponry, restricting it would force police officers to change their loadout every time they spawned - and without being able to change loadout from vehicle, would be requiring police to use weapons out of their inventory in cases where lethal firearms would be a necessity. And let's face it, those necessities come up a whole lot in CityRP. Other than that it just kills the fun and smells of FailRP when police in a city as packed with firearms as ours, don't carry lethal firearms.

Does this mean you also can not limit Police Officers to handguns ?
(Dec 3, 2018, 04:51 PM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 20, 2018, 02:28 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Can The President/Police Chief restrict lethal weaponry from POLICE OFFICERS while allowing SWAT to still have lethal firearms?

(Based on my personal opinion and precedent that I remember + opinions of a couple other staff members)

No they cannot. Police officers spawn by default with lethal weaponry, restricting it would force police officers to change their loadout every time they spawned - and without being able to change loadout from vehicle, would be requiring police to use weapons out of their inventory in cases where lethal firearms would be a necessity. And let's face it, those necessities come up a whole lot in CityRP. Other than that it just kills the fun and smells of FailRP when police in a city as packed with firearms as ours, don't carry lethal firearms.

A handgun is lethal weaponry.
Do police officers not spawn with an automatic weapon? I don't fully remember. I thought they spawned with a submachine gun. But if they don't I can limit to Handguns. Aight
(Dec 3, 2018, 04:51 PM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]

You can, but if I were a cop you'd be getting police strikes, especially if it's an unconditional restriction (e.g only handguns ever regardless of threat level etc).

ForceGhost

Does NLR apply to notes?

Can I do /note Matt Simmons (Grey hair, Blue eyes, White Skin, Age 45, Wearing a yellow suit) killed for former boss.

Then if I die, once I've found the note, use this information to hunt down the person in the note?
(Dec 29, 2018, 07:10 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Does NLR apply to notes?

Can I do /note Matt Simmons (Grey hair, Blue eyes, White Skin, Age 45, Wearing a yellow suit) killed for former boss.

Then if I die, once I've found the note, use this information to hunt down the person in the note?

Huh never thought about that but id also like an answer to this.

[font=Whitney,]Id assume not since that wouldnt make any sense
[/font]

[font=Whitney,]It would be like taking a picture of a murderer in the act, passing the picture off to someone else, with all the details written down, then you get killed and suddenly POOF all the evidence is gone [/font]because NLR.

Or when I tow a vehicle, i mark down the owner, the vehicle, and its plate number, and if I we're to die for some reason, that said information would now be unusable for some reason.

ForceGhost

Can breaking traffic laws as an unsanctioned Tow Company lead to OOC punishment? I have been informed by a member of staff this is infact the case, but this doesn't seem correct
(Dec 30, 2018, 12:20 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Can breaking traffic laws as an unsanctioned Tow Company lead to OOC punishment? I have been informed by a member of staff this is infact the case, but this doesn't seem correct

I'd think about it this way: a mechanic/citizen under the job title (for example) "Tony's Towing" has the job title that suggests their employment is towing vehicles. Would a citizen be able to drive through red lights and drive recklessly? No, because they're meant to be a law abiding citizen, and doing that would be failing to properly RP their job (otherwise known as Fail RP). A mechanic wouldn't be so different to this, since their job is to fix and tow vehicles, not break traffic laws. Unsanctioned or not, I don't think simply not having a license to tow gives you the OOC right to break traffic laws too.

That's my take on it, I guess.

ForceGhost

(Dec 30, 2018, 01:26 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2018, 12:20 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Can breaking traffic laws as an unsanctioned Tow Company lead to OOC punishment? I have been informed by a member of staff this is infact the case, but this doesn't seem correct

I'd think about it this way: a mechanic/citizen under the job title (for example) "Tony's Towing" has the job title that suggests their employment is towing vehicles. Would a citizen be able to drive through red lights and drive recklessly? No, because they're meant to be a law abiding citizen, and doing that would be failing to properly RP their job (otherwise known as Fail RP). A mechanic wouldn't be so different to this, since their job is to fix and tow vehicles, not break traffic laws. Unsanctioned or not, I don't think simply not having a license to tow gives you the OOC right to break traffic laws too.

But why wouldn't this be dealt with IC? If a Citizen ran a red light they would be fined. They wouldn't receive a vehicle blacklist.
(Dec 30, 2018, 01:26 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]I'd think about it this way: a mechanic/citizen under the job title (for example) "Tony's Towing" has the job title that suggests their employment is towing vehicles. Would a citizen be able to drive through red lights and drive recklessly? No, because they're meant to be a law abiding citizen, and doing that would be failing to properly RP their job (otherwise known as Fail RP). A mechanic wouldn't be so different to this, since their job is to fix and tow vehicles, not break traffic laws. Unsanctioned or not, I don't think simply not having a license to tow gives you the OOC right to break traffic laws too.

The "Law abiding citizen"only applied to the default "citizen" job tag you start with to force people to change their job titles to something more fitting to their RP, even now i cant seem to find any remnants of the "law abiding citizen" wording in the rules or the clarifications.

3.5 - Custom job titles must state what character you intend to roleplay, and you must roleplay the chosen job accurately (e.g do not RP as a secret agent when your job is set to Chef). Job titles should remain serious in nature e.g do not write it oddly like in all caps with spaces.

(The bolded underlined area, only the player can define what is accurate in their RP, and no one else. 
Examples:
FUMUKU International Security Officer: Class A-1
FUMUKU International Logistics Officer: Class A-1
FUMUKU International Requisitions Officer: Class A-1

Only the people within the group actualy know what these job entails in full and explains why you can see people with various jobs like this doing a varity of actions as any of them.
Thus its basicly impossible to judge what is "accurate" from an outside perspective, this applies to any custom job.)

3.5a- Custom jobs using /job must be made so they maintain the job's original purpose, unless originally in the "citizen" job. e.g SS agents always protect the president, paramedics always provide emergency medical assistance, gun dealers always provide firearms and ammunition.

(See above)
(Dec 30, 2018, 02:12 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 30, 2018, 01:26 AM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]

But why wouldn't this be dealt with IC? If a Citizen ran a red light they would be fined. They wouldn't receive a vehicle blacklist.

Same concept as doing contraband as a citizen. Your job title isn't really for other players' use anymore, it's more to inform staff of what your RP is about etc. At least that's as far as I know. I guess it all depends on the severity. If you break every red light carelessly, I'd say that's pushing the whole "Tony's Towing" job title, but if you break one light because you're in a hurry, anyone can do that really.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8