Limelight Forums

Full Version: Rule Clarifications Record and Q/A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(Aug 9, 2018, 04:57 AM)John Jong Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 9, 2018, 04:25 AM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 9, 2018, 04:21 AM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]When refering to tints, the percentage shows the amount of light that is let into the car.
100% tint would be no tint, 0% would be very dark tint, impossible to see into the car.
Most states allow tints as dark as 20-40% in the front windows.

ok make it a 0% tint then. literally solid black.

Wtf 20-40% on the front in the UK it’s like 70% front 30% rear iirc

I don't know what you are reading but the front is always less tinted then the back to have a form of ability to identify the driver.
(Aug 9, 2018, 12:17 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 9, 2018, 04:57 AM)John Jong Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 9, 2018, 04:25 AM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]ok make it a 0% tint then. literally solid black.

Wtf 20-40% on the front in the UK it’s like 70% front 30% rear iirc

I don't know what you are reading but the front is always less tinted then the back to have a form of ability to identify the driver.

Yeah, that's what he said? A 70% tint allows 70% of light to pass. 70% front tint is quite clear, 30% rear tint is quite dark?
Oh yeah I never stated result of the thing.

Me and Enzyme decided that full tint using admin tools is unfair in regular gameplay. Tinting more than usual is still okay but you should still be able to reasonably see people inside.

ForceGhost

(Sep 4, 2018, 02:30 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah I never stated result of the thing.

Me and Enzyme decided that full tint using admin tools is unfair in regular gameplay. Tinting more than usual is still okay but you should still be able to reasonably see people inside.

What about the i8? That has a 100% tint on the model as a bodygroup option.
(Sep 4, 2018, 02:46 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 4, 2018, 02:30 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah I never stated result of the thing.

What about the i8? That has a 100% tint on the model as a bodygroup option.

If a bodygroup that sets full tint can be done without using tools available only to staff, then naturally both staff and regular players are fine to use that option.
Addition:

Bank RPs/Loans/similar are protected by the scamming rule. However, before making such deals make sure that:
1) The players agree both IC and OOC to the exact terms of the loan, including sums, time limits, and to the fact that staff intervention will occur in cases of non-payment. (E.g RP contract IC which is signed and then an OOC message confirming that they agree and informing them that staff will intervene)
2) This deal is documented via screenshots at the very least.
3) The repayment time is at least 1 week to account for IRL stuff.
Deals made in this way cannot be canceled by RP, NLR, etc (otherwise this would be redundant). That said, staff members reserve the right to cancel interest and effectively reverse the deal in special cases. If someone does not pay by the agreed deadline, it will be enforced by staff. If that someone does not have enough cash to make the payment, they will be either given a bit more time or have their items force sold at market price until the amount of cash required is met. Cases where that's not possible will be examined on a case-by-case basis. Please make reasonable deals, if you loan 2 million to a 1 hour player and then complain when they don't pay you back, we (staff) are going to be less than happy. Failure to follow the terms of a deal like this ONCE will not be punished (deal only enforced). However multiple times may result in punishment. You may agree to secure the loan to an item, in which case that item will be given to the loaner instead of money in cases of missed payment. This must also be clearly written in the agreement and agreed to.
Is it okay to do /job Police Officer, if one intends to RP as a Police Impersonator? It prevents metagaming and it also kind of falls into the whole "what one intends rp".
(Sep 30, 2018, 02:43 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]Is it okay to do /job Police Officer, if one intends to RP as a Police Impersonator? It prevents metagaming and it also kind of falls into the whole "what one intends rp".

Consensus was always, no, you cannot do that, because you aren't actually a police officer so it would be an inaccurate job title.
(Sep 30, 2018, 03:38 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 30, 2018, 02:43 PM)Insert Wrote: [ -> ]Is it okay to do /job Police Officer, if one intends to RP as a Police Impersonator? It prevents metagaming and it also kind of falls into the whole "what one intends rp".

Consensus was always, no, you cannot do that, because you aren't actually a police officer so it would be an inaccurate job title.

That's literally the point of being an impersonator. You aren't actually a police officer but you want others to believe you are. Just by looking at someone, even if you don't act on it, you know they are a fake. Kills any impersonator RP tbh.
Can cops heal during raid? Night didnt know and told me to ask here Wink
(Oct 1, 2018, 10:47 PM)Oneshott Wrote: [ -> ]Can cops heal during raid? Night didnt know and told me to ask here Wink

Yes they can heal each other by using the first aid kit / owned health kits

They cant be healed by paramedic while in any raid or gun fight Big Grin
If you want someone healed in the middle of a firefight, raid, etc. the paramedic must be stationed out of the conflict area. After that you’re good to be revived. Healing from medkits by other officers is fine mid-fight

ForceGhost

Can The President/Police Chief restrict lethal weaponry from POLICE OFFICERS while allowing SWAT to still have lethal firearms?
(Oct 20, 2018, 02:28 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Can The President/Police Chief restrict lethal weaponry from POLICE OFFICERS while allowing SWAT to still have lethal firearms?

Just to add to this: While accounting for the fact the city itself is full of Assault rifles, and light machineguns in the hands of their criminals
(Oct 20, 2018, 02:28 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Can The President/Police Chief restrict lethal weaponry from POLICE OFFICERS while allowing SWAT to still have lethal firearms?

(Based on my personal opinion and precedent that I remember + opinions of a couple other staff members)

No they cannot. Police officers spawn by default with lethal weaponry, restricting it would force police officers to change their loadout every time they spawned - and without being able to change loadout from vehicle, would be requiring police to use weapons out of their inventory in cases where lethal firearms would be a necessity. And let's face it, those necessities come up a whole lot in CityRP. Other than that it just kills the fun and smells of FailRP when police in a city as packed with firearms as ours, don't carry lethal firearms.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8