Limelight Forums

Full Version: Weyland-Yutani Corporation - Building better worlds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Image: VcoqJej.jpg]
[Peter Weyland scouts out new offices in Southside]

[Image: cK5oViv.jpg]
[WY-SEC Elite rush to eliminate any local threats to corporate interest]

[Image: tN0OTEh.jpg]
[Regular WY-SEC operatives raid a store being used as a front to retrieve money stolen by a local gang]

[Image: 96J33bD.jpg]
[WY-SEC operative throws the local gang leader from a balcony]

[Image: mMiDasz.jpg]
[WY-SEC Elite & a senior scientist confront a doctor on the gang's payroll, eliminating his bodyguard in the process]
[Image: 8bbQfZ6.jpg]
[A member of the R&D department working on a new weapon for the SEC department]
[Image: hNnMWK8.jpg]
[R&D scientists reviewing the effects on an escaped test subject]
[Image: 70bzXj0.jpg]
[Checking that all is in order on the supply shipments to and from Southside]
The Research and Development branch is currently looking for ballistics, explosives, biological and chemical experts to assist in a series of research projects. All applicants will receive a $75,000 bursary after 1 month of service with the department, and many doors into other aspects of the corporation will be opened. Those who are interested should apply here.
[Image: dJfXTPD.png]
(Apr 13, 2020, 02:14 AM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: dJfXTPD.png]

yes... ‘barbecue’
[Image: kHWUbdZ.jpg]

An announcement from our Chief Executive Officer...

T.E. Lawrence, eponymously of Arabia, but very much an Englishman, favoured pinching a burning match between his fingers to put it out. When asked by his colleague, William Potter, to reveal his trick -- how is it he so effectively extinguished the flame without hurting himself whatsoever -- Lawrence just smiled and said, "The trick, Potter, is not minding it hurts."

The fire that danced at the end of that match was a gift from the Titan, Prometheus, a gift that he stole from the gods, who were terrified of what we might do with it were it to fall into our hairy little paws. 

When Prometheus was caught and brought to justice for his theft, the gods, well, you might say they overreacted a little. The poor man was tied to a rock as an eagle ripped through his belly and ate his liver over and over, day after day, ad infinitum. All because he gave us fire, our first true piece of technology. Fire.

Such a very long time ago. Which begs the question: What have we done with?

Quote:
100,000, BC: Stone tools.

4,000, BC: The wheel.

800, BC: Sundial.

9th century, AD: Gunpowder. Bit of a game-changer, that one.

1441: The printing press -- only slightly less impactful.

19th century: Steam engine. Railway. Eureka! The light bulb!!

20th century: The automobile, television, nuclear weapons, spacecrafts, Internet.

21st century: Biotech, nanotech, fusion and fission, and M-theory -- and that was just the first decade.

We are now four months into the year of our Lord, 2020. At this moment in our civilization, we are on the verge of terraforming planets undiscovered just a decade ago. We have identified the genetic chain of events behind 98% of cancers -- a chain we have broken, effectively curing them. We can create cybernetic individuals who, in just a few short years, will be completely indistinguishable from us.

Which leads to an obvious conclusion: We are the gods now. I haven't been struck down. I take that to mean I'm right.

We wield incredible power -- the power to transform, to destroy and to create again. The question, of course, before us is, "What the hell are we supposed to do with this power?" Or, more importantly, one should ask, "What are we allowed to do with this power?

The answer to that, my friends, is nothing. Rules, restrictions, laws, ethical guidelines -- all but forbidding us from moving forwards. Well, where were the ethics during the Arabian conflicts? 

Why are rules preventing us from feeding impoverished cultures? How is there a law which states, "If we build a man from wires and metal -- a man who will never grow old, a man who will never feel the heat of a star or the cold of the moon -- how is the creation of such an incredible individual considered unnatural?"

The answer to all these questions is simple: These rules exist because the people who created them were afraid of what would happen if they didn't.

Well I am not afraid! For those of you who know me, you will be aware by now that my ambition is unlimited. You know that I will settle for nothing short of greatness, or I will die trying. For those of you who do not yet know me, allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Peter Weyland. And if you’ll indulge me, I’d like to change the world.
[Image: yzEjIml.gif]

Dear valued employees and loyal citizens,

As you may already know - I have been on a short vacation... well when I say vacation I mean I've been at our Tokyo office once more dealing with some family matters. However, I'd like to assure you that we are still operating within the city and will continue to work with you all to build a better world.

Currently, recruitment is being re-opened for all civillian roles within our organisation. This includes but is not limited to roles in bio-engineering, cybersecurity and aiding with Research & Development on a plethora of different projects. Or if you pitch us an idea, we will fund your research 100% and hold onto the patent still giving you credit for your work.

You can apply for that: here

I look forward to seeing you all once more...

Regards,
Bishop Weyland, Regional Executive of the Weyland-Yutani Corporaiton
[Image: wX5W1CY.png]
[Image: q2L0h6S.png]
[Image: wxm3yJH.png]
[Image: oid3o9Z.png]

WY-SEC is recruiting. Apply here.

[Image: As1x3D4.png]
WY-SEC 
Office of the Executive Director
Floor 8,
WY Earth Headquarters,
1 Robsin Square,
Brooklyn, NY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - WY-SEC DEATH NOTICE

It is always heartbreaking when there is a death in our corporate family. Tonight I must announce the death of Operative Robert Ryans, of the 161st Field Operations Division WY-SEC, who died today at around 1pm on NATO contracted operations near the Mediterranean Sea. 

Operative Ryans was scouting out a mountainous area on a motorcycle with his team when he was struck down by gunfire from previously unknown insurgents within the area and became cut off from the rest of his team. Ryans took cover in a structure and returned fire as best he could, however succumbed to his wounds amid a heavy firefight before assistance from his teammates could reach him. 

Unable to evacuate him at first due to heavy fighting, a retrieval team was organised within the hour and arrived at around 3pm. The area was cleared and secured, and Operative Ryans was transported by his comrades back to base, where he received a guard of honour which I, as I have been visiting the area, was honoured to be a part of. 

Operative Ryans will fly home tomorrow to Southside, NY, and we will be holding a funeral at the Southside Church. More details will follow shortly.

Operative Ryans joins the too-long list of WY-SEC Operatives who have given their lives to help build a better world.

[Image: Gx57PbC.png]

Jack Kruger MSc (Hons)

Executive Director for Combined Global Security Operations 
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

OOC: 

Event for fallen WY-SEC operatives, details coming shortly. 
[Image: ff71bf22d3cb7c2a0f7cd4302793fbf5.png]

WY-SEC is recruiting now and we need you

WY-SEC is at the cutting edge of military science in the modern world. As we press on into 2020, we are recruiting and have more opportunities than ever before. In addition to a range of highly competitive benefits, WY-SEC Operatives everywhere agree that the opportunities to get paid to train and use futuristic military technology is "pretty cool". 

Employment with us comes with a range of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive salary
- Full uniform and equipment provided
- Full training provided
- Free & full corporate private healthcare
- Free accommodation 
- Subsidised food and alcohol
- Access to company gym

Join today. Help build a better world.

Click here to join us now. Intern program open to those without military/police experience. 

Pat

(Jun 14, 2020, 05:51 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]

WOW.  WY needs ME?!
(Jun 14, 2020, 06:06 PM)Pat Wrote: [ -> ]

WOW.  WY needs ME?!

Yes, you.

WY-SEC is at the cutting edge of military science in the modern world. As we press on into 2020, we are recruiting and have more opportunities than ever before. In addition to a range of highly competitive benefits, WY-SEC Operatives everywhere agree that the opportunities to get paid to train and use futuristic military technology is "pretty cool". 

- Full training provided
- Free accommodation 
- Access to company gym

Click here to join us now. Intern program open to those without military/police experience. 

no shit you need me, you have no shooters
Quote:Employment with us comes with a range of benefits, including:

- Free accommodation

I thought me and ‍ blew up the base? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

- Full training provided
- Free accommodation 
- Access to company gym

Interesting how you're hiring new people after you sack two of your best :hmm:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8