Limelight Forums

Full Version: What would you desire in a roleplaying map?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

What would you desire in a roleplaying map?

Website Link for Updates.
Team Objective

So in the other thread, (What Map Would You Desire On LL?) A few members suggested to make this thread.
The purpose of this thread is that if a map was to be custom made for Limelight. What would you desire in that map?
You can suggest anything you would desire but keep it realistic.
Have an image of whatever you desire on the map to help understand how you would want it.

EDIT: To help, place a clear image of what you would like your idea to look like. (If Multiple Are Done, A Vote Will Be Made)

Community Images

Community Ideas

Town Hall or Nexus?

Would you like to have a town hall and a separate police station or a nexus where every goverment official is going to spawn?

Vote here!

A lake or a beach?

Would you prefer a lake like v33x or a beach like rockford? 

Vote here!
-Empty spaces like grassy fields for clan dupes and such.
-High skybox
- Nicely designed police station, ems station.
-Minimum world props in the buildings.

This is my list for now. I will update it as I think of more.
(Mar 24, 2016, 07:07 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]-Empty spaces like grassy fields for clan dupes and such.
-High skybox
- Nicely designed police station, ems station.
-Minimum world props in the buildings.

This is my list for now. I will update it as I think of more.

I shall edit the original post with a section saying 'Community Ideas'.
I propose a nice Firestation, that would allow for a full crew of Firefighters and EMS. Roads large enough to support bigger vehicles including Semis. Perhaps an Industrial area with a freightyard to store multiple tractor trailers.

Something along those lines to start. I really like Rockford. If it could be Limeford of sorts...
+An Industrial area where there is actually possible to roleplay as an industry.
+An Impound lot (Better than the one at v2a)
+Not a jail, but a prison.
+A more interactive main street.
+TUNNELS!!!!
- Map roughly the same size at v2d
- Prison not jails
- Realistic Fire Station, Police Station and Hospital
- Make everything in the city more compact
- Lots of room for basing
- Open areas for custom builds
(Mar 25, 2016, 12:47 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]- Map roughly the same size at v2d -Why?
- Prison not jails
- Make everything in the city more compact -Why?

As you became overly protective of your suggestions on steam when you confronted me, I will go on to analize why some of what you suggested would worsen the map lag-wise and gameplay wise.

"Map roughly the same size of v2d": You told me that would be enough for how many players are connecting daily on the server. WRONG, you do know Limelight is getting bigger, so having a small map would not help that much.

"Make everything in the city more compact": While being more realistic it would make the whole city more laggy as a player will be rendering a much bigger amount of dupes/props and roleplays are going to be far closer to each other. (Take example of what happens to v33x mainstreet.)

Also when you are suggesting something expect some criticism about it. It's what we humans call discussion!
A proper Police, EMS, and fire station.
A court room for the occasional court RP.
An open building area, like grassy fields.
Shops to build in and use for RP.
A realistic gas station(s)
A nice un-furnished residential area, possibly having roundabouts etc and nice realistich omes.
A block of flats/apartments.
A nice park, used for the occasional undercover meeting RP.
An industrial area - big enough and functionaly enough for industries and possbily small trucking companies.
Forest - A proper forest with colided trees, able to hide out in etc when wanted or a good underground crew base.
A proper bank - Something like Rockfords back.
Map size - Rougly around 33X size if not bigger like rockford. The community is growing and rockford works fine even with only 20 people on.

Community Ideas Updated

(Mar 25, 2016, 12:54 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 25, 2016, 12:47 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]- Map roughly the same size at v2d -Why?
- Prison not jails

As you became overly protective of your suggestions on steam when you confronted me, I will go on to analize why some of what you suggested would worsen the map lag-wise and gameplay wise. - And I will go and analyse it further.

"Map roughly the same size of v2d": You told me that would be enough for how many players are connecting daily on the server. WRONG, you do know Limelight is getting bigger, so having a small map would not help that much. - I suggested this due to a little thing called population density (Population / Area) where places like London have 5k people per sqKm. Alright let me show you some examples,
 [Image: BQbo2JI.png][Image: NIO90f4.png]
[Image: G9Q9qhO.png]

"Make everything in the city more compact": While being more realistic it would make the whole city more laggy as a player will be rendering a much bigger amount of dupes/props and roleplays are going to be far closer to each other. (Take example of what happens to v33x mainstreet.) - Fair Enough.

Also when you are suggesting something expect some criticism about it. It's what we humans call discussion!
(Mar 25, 2016, 03:03 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 25, 2016, 12:54 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]"Map roughly the same size of v2d": You told me that would be enough for how many players are connecting daily on the server. WRONG, you do know Limelight is getting bigger, so having a small map would not help that much. - I suggested this due to a little thing called population density (Population / Area) where places like London have 5k people per sqKm. Alright let me show you some examples,

Understandable, but I think the map should be the size where it will provide for all 60 players with RP opportunities. Something I personally believe v2d can not provide. (But neither v2p could, even though it was much bigger than v2d, as the map contained far less RP opportunities for players.)
(Mar 25, 2016, 03:03 PM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 25, 2016, 12:54 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
- Prison not jails

As you became overly protective of your suggestions on steam when you confronted me, I will go on to analize why some of what you suggested would worsen the map lag-wise and gameplay wise. - And I will go and analyse it further.

"Map roughly the same size of v2d": You told me that would be enough for how many players are connecting daily on the server. WRONG, you do know Limelight is getting bigger, so having a small map would not help that much. - I suggested this due to a little thing called population density (Population / Area) where places like London have 5k people per sqKm. Alright let me show you some examples,

"Make everything in the city more compact": While being more realistic it would make the whole city more laggy as a player will be rendering a much bigger amount of dupes/props and roleplays are going to be far closer to each other. (Take example of what happens to v33x mainstreet.) - Fair Enough.

Thing is, v2d is a pretty small map and doesn't all of its map space that it can. Most of the suggestions so far could pretty much make v33x again but having a map as big as v2d wouldn't be the best as it is pretty small for a map.
A fucking sicc admin lounge
(Mar 25, 2016, 04:57 PM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]A fucking sick admin lounge

Be more discriptive please.
(Mar 25, 2016, 05:51 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 25, 2016, 04:57 PM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]A fucking sick admin lounge

Be more descriptive please.

What would you desire in this lounge?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12