Limelight Forums

Full Version: Expansion: FiveM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(Oct 8, 2020, 12:35 AM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea how to access it but sounds like a fun meme maybe ill try it...

there's a link to the discord at the bottom of the OP.
For anyone wondering the server is great I have been with them for a while now along side Tom and Dutch and they are a great group of guys and an even greater community, if you are wondering weather you should join or not, just do it, you'll enjoy your-self's
(Oct 8, 2020, 12:23 AM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]if this is a public server id rather not bother

if you guys are doing whitelisted though i might consider it.

While the server is not whitelisted, we have a staff team dedicated to maintaining the integrity of the roleplay that happens on our server. Our goal is to not limit RP in any way, and we feel personally that forcing people to apply before joining is not only a deterrent, but also limits the amount of people joining the server, which in turn limits the roleplay.

If you have any additional worries, feel free to let me know!
(Oct 8, 2020, 01:07 AM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 8, 2020, 12:23 AM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]if this is a public server id rather not bother

While the server is not whitelisted, we have a staff team dedicated to maintaining the integrity of the roleplay that happens on our server. Our goal is to not limit RP in any way, and we feel personally that forcing people to apply before joining is not only a deterrent, but also limits the amount of people joining the server, which in turn limits the roleplay.

well, it's obvious there's a drastic difference between whitelisted and public servers in the quality of RP. if you guys can ensure you would be able to keep it quality RP and keep the shitters out then i will probably consider it.

I staffed a public server for a year and that was hell which lead me to resign because I got burned out as fuck dealing with constant trash RP.
(Oct 8, 2020, 03:28 AM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 8, 2020, 01:07 AM)Catfish Wrote: [ -> ]

well, it's obvious there's a drastic difference between whitelisted and public servers in the quality of RP. if you guys can ensure you would be able to keep it quality RP and keep the shitters out then i will probably consider it.

I staffed a public server for a year and that was hell which lead me to resign because I got burned out as fuck dealing with constant trash RP.

I definitely understand where you are coming from. Here are a few of the things I can tell you about the server to hopefully put your mind at ease;

Firstly, the server is economy based. This is not going to be the servers that have people spawning in unrealistic vehicles and mowing down civilians. People who play will be playing because they actually want to participate in the RP that is available. 

Secondly, while the server is not whitelisted, all of the government positions are. We will be maintaining realism on all aspects of government work, that way we do not have the "mingey cop" who arrests you for calling them a name.

Finally, all players, (unless contacted by staff), are required to remain in character at all times while on the server. While an OOC chat is available, we take the RP seriously, and intend to be strict, but fair, regarding punishments for breaking character.

The rules will be posted on the forums tomorrow, in the meantime they can currently be found in our discord which was previously linked. If you have any suggestions, we are always welcoming to them, as the players opinions is precisely what will improve the server.
This a cool idea that people have been suggesting for a really long time, nice.

Some questions below, there’s quite a few generalised questions about Limelight but I thought I’d post them in this thread particularly because I think the community should have visibility of them:
  • Will the server accept donations still?
  • Will any donations still be subject to the same transparency as the GMod server (and ARMA? I don’t know how that one is monetised) now that Limelight is expanding quickly into other services and the founding goals were financial transparency for the CityRP community?
  • How does Limelight intend on ensuring any monetisation only covers server costs, so to not break the FiveM/R* ToS - I would imagine this is even more important than for most communities due to LL being a registered company. Will this in turn also effect the way donations are handled for other and future services?
  • Is Limelight going to use the opportunity of the FiveM server to justify the closure of CityRP 2?
  • Are there any plans for CityRP/GMod staff being able to transfer their moderation/administration to other LL services?
  • Is Limelight considering other Garrys Mod servers e.g DarkRP and/or other games in addition to the FiveM and ARMA expansion?
Thanks!
(Oct 8, 2020, 10:13 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Will the server accept donations still?
We haven't accepted donations for a long time.
However, there will be packages and such available to cover the server costs.

(Oct 8, 2020, 10:13 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Will any donations still be subject to the same transparency as the GMod server (and ARMA? I don’t know how that one is monetised) now that Limelight is expanding quickly into other services and the founding goals were financial transparency for the CityRP community?
It'll be at least as transparent as LL is overall, but I can't promise specifics due to the agreement we had with the group before.

(Oct 8, 2020, 10:13 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]How does Limelight intend on ensuring any monetisation only covers server costs, so to not break the FiveM/R* ToS - I would imagine this is even more important than for most communities due to LL being a registered company.
That is being handled by Toby and co. I won't go into details because it's complex & boring.

(Oct 8, 2020, 10:13 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Will this in turn also effect the way donations are handled for other and future services?
Most likely not.

(Oct 8, 2020, 10:13 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Is Limelight going to use the opportunity of the FiveM server to justify the closure of CityRP 2?
No.

(Oct 8, 2020, 10:13 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any plans for CityRP/GMod staff being able to transfer their moderation/administration to other LL services?
Handled on a case by case basis.

(Oct 8, 2020, 10:13 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]Is Limelight considering other Garrys Mod servers e.g DarkRP and/or other games in addition to the FiveM and ARMA expansion?

We're always considering new opportunities to expand.
Eww ‍ as admin <3
okokokokok I have to re-install FiveM now

Lovely to see this. Finally!
Mr.Sir banned
gosh feel like the whole community will be staff soon
(Oct 8, 2020, 09:01 PM)Eddy Wrote: [ -> ]gosh feel like the whole community will be staff soon

Jealous?
dont even have gta 5

anyone got a permission slip and a spare copy of gta 5 and instructions on how to get fivem no virus 1000% working
GTA V is currently 70% off on G2A

FiveM: https://fivem.net/

It`ll be transparent, he says, refusing to be transparent about specifics

On topic (love you doc), FiveM is a brilliant idea and I cannot wait
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6