Limelight Forums

Full Version: Map Feedback & Addressing Concerns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Hello, community.

This thread will address multiple things, let's start off with the elephant in the room these days, the map.

Map Feedback

Now, although Truenorth was voted with a huge majority, there have been rising concerns regarding the map and our statistics show there is an issue. We rolled out a form in the in-game panel to gather feedback about the map to dig into and solve the issue, working to provide you with the best outcome.

This time instead of a vote, we wanted to go with a form which allows us to grasp what the community wants better.

Rules & Roleplay

Now the second topic, there have been concerns and discussions regarding the rules. Some say that roleplay is restricted by the rules, some say that there are too many grey areas. Let's use this thread; https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-25426.html to start solving the issue regarding the rules. 

We care.

The third topic, there might be concerns that staff do not care anymore. We still do care, and we work constantly, discussing ideas, reading all the threads and posts you post regarding the issues. The feedback form and the rule thread will be a nice beginning, but it will not be enough, and we wish to work with you and your feedback.

Lack of Content - Contributor Applications

We know there has been a lack of interesting content to keep you jumping on the server every day, and while our developers keep on working on updates if you have coding skills you can assist us in bringing new content. Contributor applications are always open! 

Events

There has been a drop in terms of events recently, mainly due to the limitations we have. We are working to provide you with more options and ability when it comes to hosting events. This is still a work in progress and some aspects are still being planned. We will let you know soon!

Thank you for reading, I'll try to answer any question or concerns you bring up in this thread <3
This is a great step towards addressing concerns the community has, and continuing our community's tradition of transparency.

Will engage more once I'm not watching TV at 3 in the morning and knackered

ForceGhost

It's good to see concerns being addressed, but I think it's too little, too late.
If I am honest, I'm happy you wrote a thread about it but words mean very little to me unless things start to be done.

With anything I have noticed I have only seen a select few staff members talk about certain discussions and I have seen for months some looking as if they don't care.
We have a lot of these discussions and a lot of changes but it always ends with "BAD CHOICE REEEEEE"

The Map: IMO it's good if we have a bigger group of players (I prefer anything to Evo from what we've had before). For now, we should switch to a smaller map. TN or Rockford should be saved for US Server use (IF done right).

The Rules: They are VERY restrictive to RP. The fact that a good RP with consenting parties can be ended because a rule was broken is the reason I don't play anymore. Along with Criminal RP and Cop RP under constant scrutiny, it is impossible to play without the worry of being suspended or blacklisted. What we COULD do (And hear me out, this is a hard one to follow) we split the rules between GUIDELINES and RULES like successful communities have done in the past. For Example: Fearp, FailRP, things that NEED to be followed are under RULES. GUIDELINES would be things such as base styles for certain factions or LEO Corrupt activities. These GUIDELINES can be judged by staff accordingly, but if it seems to provide a Good RP that benefits more than the individual, it can be exempt from the GUIDELINES.

Another thing for rules is to follow through with past punishments. I didn't do this when I was staff and I understand now why it is important to do so. I get it, not every situation is the same, however, the punishments should have some uniformity. This should be enforced by HR strictly as this requires staff members to communicate better with each other and come to a reasonable understanding of everyone's stance.

Love and Care: Y'all care. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here. The only reason I see staff as not caring is if they're offline dealing with their actual lives instead of a Gmod community they volunteer for.

Events: We shouldn't need scheduled events. These events should be extremely rare if started by staff. There should be no red tape that players need to go through. We should ENCOURAGE players to ask staff questions and for advice, but not for permission for a Good RP. Whether it's a Good RP or not should be left to the players online.

IMO most of the problems would be solved if people didn't complain about every little thing. Did he break Fearp? Can it be dealt with IC? Someone CDM'd you? Can it be dealt with IC? Just RP these rule breakages. THEN if it gets out of hand call staff. Staff shouldn't be the FIRST line of defense in situations that don't affect the entire server or give a player an unfair advantage.
I think Map is not the biggest problem here. After long time of thinking I found out really interesting thing. I made few passive RP mini-events, thoose events were scheduled BUT almost nobody came (on server there was around 25-30 people). Now I can see that many people doesn’t care others are contrafarming and ignoring RP environment. Currently we have almost Full aggressive RP server. Also many people are on holidays. 

Limelight is changing. We need to do something before LL will look like DarkRP (we are really close to this one). I have few ideas how to fix this situation (More info will be posted soon).
(Jul 8, 2019, 09:19 AM)X_MAXXX_X Wrote: [ -> ]I think Map is not the biggest problem here. After long time of thinking I found out really interesting thing. I made few passive RP mini-events, thoose events were scheduled BUT almost nobody came (on server there was around 25-30 people)

Im struggling to understand how the map isn't the problem if that was the case? what if it had been for example Evocity or Rockford. Smaller maps-->More chance of being spotted doing an RP-->More RP/Interaction, The map has a huge roll on interaction and RP its almost as if we are playing hide and seek RP and the objective is to find someone to roleplay with. which wouldnt be the case if as you said there being 25-30 people and the map being Evocity or Rockford etc

Not to mention the part about people contrafarming, I mean if its really hard to find people to RP with then why waste time on the server? People contrafarm to make money, its more productive then driving around looking for people to interact with.
One word: Evo.

It's worked for over a decade on Fearless, it worked on here.
we need a banwipe, they said "it will get more active after exams and shit" oh look at that its still dead.

new map might change something for like a couple of months while people check it out but wont change much

i would say something about the content but the fishing update is great + theres some great crafting stuff, mining stuff coming too.

It seems the most committed players are banned or lost interest for whatever reason
(Jul 8, 2019, 12:04 PM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]we need a banwipe, they said "it will get more active after exams and shit" oh look at that its still dead.

Of course we need a banwipe in your opinion because you are permanently banned. All permanently banned players should remain banned, otherwise there will be a shitshow of minges. These people including you are banned for a reason (actually extremely many reasons).

It seems the most committed players are banned or lost interest for whatever reason

Players which are banned permanently weren't really committed but caused havoc on the server. Second point: of course all players lose interest after ages of no new content, totally understandable.
(Jul 8, 2019, 02:57 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]We care.
The third topic, there might be concerns that staff do not care anymore. We still do care, and we work constantly, discussing ideas, reading all the threads and posts you post regarding the issues. The feedback form and the rule thread will be a nice beginning, but it will not be enough, and we wish to work with you and your feedback.

What about (specific) members of staff which weren't on the server for decades? Administrators or even Super-Administrators which have played 0 hours on the server in the past one, two, three or even more months?

Lack of Content - Contributor Applications
We know there has been a lack of interesting content to keep you jumping on the server every day, and while our developers keep on working on updates if you have coding skills you can assist us in bringing new content. Contributor applications are always open! 

So this is the answer to decades without new content? This is how you are trying "fix" this major issue? Asking for contributors... Seriously? Are you expecting a wave of top-devs and contributors to apply now? This is a real 00f.

Events
There has been a drop in terms of events recently, mainly due to the limitations we have. We are working to provide you with more options and ability when it comes to hosting events. This is still a work in progress and some aspects are still being planned. We will let you know soon!

Unfortunately heard "work in progress" and "we will let you know 'very' soon" too often in this community now.

I am really disappointed to see (sorry to say it like that my Bambozle) such weak response on a server which is dying for months.

As mentioned by ‍ before:  too little, too late
(Jul 8, 2019, 01:21 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 8, 2019, 12:04 PM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]we need a banwipe, they said "it will get more active after exams and shit" oh look at that its still dead.

Of course we need a banwipe in your opinion because you are permanently banned. All permanently banned players should remain banned, otherwise there will be a shitshow of minges. These people including you are banned for a reason (actually extremely many reasons).

Players which are banned permanently weren't really committed but caused havoc on the server. Second point: of course all players lose interest after ages of no new content, totally understandable.
fam ur just sayin that cus u dont like me
(Jul 8, 2019, 12:04 PM)pufitee Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the most committed players are banned or lost interest for whatever reason
You know what I think? Garry's Mod is dead. And even if the LL staff did everything right (which they don't, but who the fuck does) it would still be dying.

Now of course, now and then new people show up and are impressed because they haven't seen any of our content yet, but in a year give or take, they all leave. I mean I show up now and then again just to give things another try, but I always realize just how burnt out I am of this game.

I know it's very hard to grasp that the child you have been bringing up has grown and is ready to leave the nest, but sometimes it is just time to let things go in order for both them and us to grow and prosper once again. There is no point staying in a relationship that doesn't satisfy us anymore.

Do I mean close down Limelight? No. Do I even mean close down our game servers? Fuck no.

Do I mean close down Garry's Mod servers? Yes.
There are bigger things and bigger goals out there for Limelight than Garry's Mod. I sincerely believe that.
(Jul 8, 2019, 03:13 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]You know what I think? Garry's Mod is dead. And even if the LL staff did everything right (which they don't, but who the fuck does) it would still be dying.

Now of course, now and then new people show up and are impressed because they haven't seen any of our content yet, but in a year give or take, they all leave. I mean I show up now and then again just to give things another try, but I always realize just how burnt out I am of this game.

I know it's very hard to grasp that the child you have been bringing up has grown and is ready to leave the nest, but sometimes it is just time to let things go in order for both them and us to grow and prosper once again. There is no point staying in a relationship that doesn't satisfy us anymore.

Do I mean close down Limelight? No. Do I even mean close down our game servers? Fuck no.

Do I mean close down Garry's Mod servers? Yes.
There are bigger things and bigger goals out there for Limelight than Garry's Mod. I sincerely believe that.

There’s a CityRP style server 5th on Gametracker right now. I sincerely disagree with you. Time for fresh content at LL to bring the players back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14