Limelight Forums

Full Version: Vote v5p with "Community Input Panel"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who cares what the sky box looks like in all honesty. Map change should not be the choice priority currently, optimisation is a first priority which we can all agree on because playing on the server at 7FPS when it hits 60 players is not fun.
I suggest we stress test any map before we fully change.

For all we know V5P could be worse than Rockford when it becomes busy. I suggest changing the map in a busy day like Friday and see how the FPS and server lag handles with the new map.

IF anyone likes that idea, like this post so I know wither to suggest it to other staff.
(Oct 21, 2017, 02:50 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest we stress test any map before we fully change.

For all we know V5P could be worse than Rockford when it becomes busy. I suggest changing the map in a busy day like Friday and see how the FPS and server lag handles with the new map.

IF anyone likes that idea, like this post so I know wither to suggest it to other staff.

That was actually one of the arguments against v5p in the original discussions, so I’d agree with a stress test.
(Oct 19, 2017, 01:41 AM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ].....

Rockford is hurting our communities level of RP and honestly limiting our capacity for growth

This statement right here.  100%.  The rest I removed the rest because I felt that in one sentence you pointed out the most critical problem with the map.  While I do not support going to v5p or any evocity, as there are plenty of other maps out there, v5p is a very popular map that many RP players have or end up downloading, thus increasing our first time joiner potential without seeing the "user disconnected doesn't have map" which usually leads to a few more tries, then it's 50/50 that they even try to come back.
I personally liked Rockford when it was tested a long time ago, when it offered better FPS and else. Had interesting areas and roads, but for now it has started to lose interest due to its rotary shape.

I'd personally prefer Chaos City as it is suitable for more our large car collection since there are more roads and the road variety differs, also for bus drivers it would be a perfect place if some people don't have cars.

Rockford currently lacks private space

Everything seems so close to each other, i.e "industrial" is in the same block map as innercity, "corleone village" is just next to main city and there are three roads to achieve it and lakeside is so close to city.

It is mostly due Rockfords circle shape, every road link to each other in a circle. I don't have a feeling anywhere that I am in a private area, and if I want privacy, lakeside houses don't give me the feel like church in v33x or Farm in V2P.

Big maps

I think CityRP has always had the problem with big maps in general keeping the inner city empty of passive RP, but if it is just peoples personal liking to be alone, why to fight it. If you want to keep people inside the city you can always make road tolls or make cars expensive.

We can't go back to v2d but it had the best layout, a private area after a long road, separate industrial area, powerplant area and small compact city.

Suggested Maps pros and cons

1. Chaoscity

Pros
+ Large with a lot of private areas and satisfying roads.
+ Real reasons for taxis and busses to drive.
+ Variety of area.
+ Better performance when people aren't so cramped together.

Cons
- Will feel empty in a city-wise way.
- Needs mostly a full server to feel alive

2. V5P

Pros
+ Private areas like corleone village (Subway makes the distance smaller but it is rarely used), the farm and lakeside
+ Industrial is close but well separated from city.
+ City has lot of building variety
+ Slum area

Cons
- No Police department (spawning to nexus lobby feels stupid imo)
- One gas station
- Lacks building areas (but i've seen some wise concepts back in the day)

Final

- I'd take maps in a rotary, but it could also affect that some weeks or months the server could be more empty.

- A test must be concuct with stress.

- A test server should be set again to test city RP in different maps for the community.

- Map vote should be set but after a long test period (ex. 6 months)

EDIT:

- Or should we just wait to get rockford better via devs?
The devs don’t have enough to do already without doing work on other maps
Content Removed. Apparently there is already a team that is working on everything I was talking about, so I'll just let them speak up here if they want to. Sorry and thanks for your time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5