Limelight Forums

Full Version: Vote v5p with "Community Input Panel"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Chaos City is definitely not fit for LL or CityRp in generel. V4B1 or V5P is the only suitable maps for the gamemode.
(Oct 20, 2017, 04:48 PM)Eclipze Wrote: [ -> ]Chaos City is definitely not fit for LL or CityRp in generel. V4B1 or V5P is the only suitable maps for the gamemode.

What makes you say that?
(Oct 20, 2017, 04:51 PM)Klinex Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 20, 2017, 04:48 PM)Eclipze Wrote: [ -> ]Chaos City is definitely not fit for LL or CityRp in generel. V4B1 or V5P is the only suitable maps for the gamemode.

What makes you say that?

It is ugly af, first its a normal city then desert then normal terrain, the buildings is also widely spread out which makes it hard to interact with players.
(Oct 20, 2017, 04:53 PM)Eclipze Wrote: [ -> ]

What makes you say that?

It is ugly af, first its a normal city then desert then normal terrain, the buildings is also widely spread out which makes it hard to interact with players.

To be fair, v5p is ugly too when you compare it to rockford and v4b1. The fact that there's desert terrain does put it off a little, but surely someone could edit the desert texture and remove the cactus'? The buildings are also widely spread out on rockford and v5p, i'd say they're closer together than what v2b and v5p is :p
I mean this might just be me but you might want to look into optimisation first before you worry about what sort of map the community wants.

MSI 1070
i7-4770
16 Ram

End result? Ranging from 10-30 fps. It's absolute C A N C E R to play on CityRP like that.
I've personally walked away from all of it because I got so tired of it all.

Anywhore if you want me to stay on topic a little more, mapcycle that shit.
Or you know, look into creating your own map or whatever if this is all such a massive issue.
You've got devs, modellers and the overall resources for it honestly.
(Oct 20, 2017, 04:56 PM)Klinex Wrote: [ -> ]

What makes you say that?

To be fair, v5p is ugly too when you compare it to rockford and v4b1. The fact that there's desert terrain does put it off a little, but surely someone could edit the desert texture and remove the cactus'? The buildings are also widely spread out on rockford and v5p, i'd say they're closer together than what v2b and v5p is :p

The buildings arent as widely spread out on Rockford and v5p as on Chaos City. Tbh Chaos City just looks bad in general, its a DarkRP map. Either keep Rockford or change to V5P/V4B1.

What makes you say that?

Ugly is the opposite of beauty, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so really anything could be beautiful but it just depends on who sees it, because you think its ugly doesn't mean it doesn't suit LL. Suiting LL and good looking or not is different.

I personally think its good looking, other than that deasert part, even though I don't see it as that much of a big deal considering that it doesn't really have to be 100% 4K realistic and picture perfect, this is Garry's mod its not Battlefied 1 It doesn't need to look that perfect, its not perfect and nothing is and no map will ever be perfect and would suit what we want 100% the only way that would be possible is if we create our own man and even then players will still complain and people won't say its perfect.

Point is, perfection isn't real and it doesn't exist.  The map is good in terms of what it offers and I think it would suit LL. But like I said I'm open for other options.
On another note though,

V5P has a mental bloom effect that's so annoying literally changes how cars and textures look in certian places.
It also has crazy roads that so bumping and stucky, you're gonna see a lot of players get stuck, there is a road that some cars won't even be able to go up (from lake to main road) and will most likely get stuck on.

V5P is a good map but I think the cons overwigh the pros in this one.
What i suggest, is possibly getting every map that has been suggested, and maybe put that on the server for a week.

After each map has been on the server for a week, we can hold a community vote. Only requirement? That you actually played for atleast an hour in each map.

Look at rockford; everyone wanted rockford, including myself, and now the majority wants v5p. Give it a few months, and people will be saying 'eww v5p is boring i want a different map<QUICKREFERENCES#1>!!'.

By giving every suggested map a chance, players will actually get to experience RP on those maps rather than just looking at screenshots and then ruling out whether or not it's good at RP.

Personally, I dislike Rockford and i dislike EvoCity_v5p. Having played on both maps whilst actually trying to RP, it's been difficult to do anything interesting, when this wasn't a problem on v4b1, there was just a lack of people wiling to put the effort in.

So; give a few weeks to set up (I suspect it takes a while to set a map up for use on the server) and then every map that has been suggested, be put on the server for ~1 week.

Week 1: v5p
Week 2: rockford g life
Week 3: chaosity v33x
Week 4: v4b1
Week 5: xxxxxx
Week 6: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You get the point, I think by actually trying the map is the only way people can vote on what they actually prefer to RP on.
I like your idea.
I think we tried chaoscity before and it crashed people who went to certain areas when combined with the gamemode, so good luck with that
[Image: 1FDC619C95CA6BBCB806FC58DA3D498DC4B8A861]

[Image: 7D8A3C66920AE82C838528E90B39149208CEC06F]

V5P with stormfox

If there isa bloom problem, stormfox will fix it, this map looks absolutely gorgeous with stormfox and i cannot wait until its not in beta.

A rotation with V5P to me is still a nice alternative
(Oct 20, 2017, 05:39 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 1FDC619C95CA6BBCB806FC58DA3D498DC4B8A861]

[Image: 7D8A3C66920AE82C838528E90B39149208CEC06F]

V5P with stormfox

If there isa bloom problem, stormfox will fix it, this map looks absolutely gorgeous with stormfox and i cannot wait until its not in beta.

A rotation with V5P to me is still a nice alternative

+support for v5p with stormfox
(Oct 20, 2017, 05:13 PM)Rocket Wrote: [ -> ]V5P has a mental bloom effect that's so annoying literally changes how cars and textures look in certian places.
It also has crazy roads that so bumping and stucky, you're gonna see a lot of players get stuck, there is a road that some cars won't even be able to go up (from lake to main road) and will most likely get stuck on.

The bloom and fog actually make the map environment (buildings, scenery) look nice, as well as props and player-models. It's your opinion certainly but I wouldn't even bring that up considering we're on a map with the worst lighting ever.

The crazy roads? There's only one road that isn't a standard flat road and that's the one going down the lake-side. Not sure why you're saying it has crazy roads that are so bumping and stucky. We have tow-trucks for a reason if your sh*t vehicle, such as a trabant, happens to get stuck. Even then, most of our cars are very capable of going up a hill.
Stormfox makes any shitty map a amazing map
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5