Limelight Forums

Full Version: SeriousRP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The last few months a few people have mentioned in numerous suggestion that said suggestions would be too serious for LL's "Semi-Serious Roleplay" Server, others have suggested that it should change and become a "Serious Roleplay" Server. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Personally I feel Limelight is stuck in a weird place in regards to roleplay. Quite a few suggestions are being -supported to oblivion simply because they add more in-depth roleplay or tools that have long term consequences. Also I feel that features that have been added are lacking said long term consequences (police database, you can't use their record against them). I also feel there is no consequences in general when someone roleplays. That usually means that roleplays do not go further than a few hours, one day you may be shooting everybody up, 2 hours later you are the president.

I feel we should change some things as roleplay is becoming increasingly boring.
Add new stuff but not serious serious rp stuff
(Sep 15, 2017, 06:46 PM)Vimpto Wrote: [ -> ]Add new stuff but not serious serious rp stuff

What would you personally class serious serious rp stuff?
Idk tbh. Alot of things in PERP like crafting with crafting tables etc,
I would love to have some sort of crafting system and like mining or oil pumps which you can make into fuel and other stuff.
Neutral
(Sep 15, 2017, 08:51 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to have some sort of crafting system and like mining or oil pumps which you can make into fuel and other stuff.

Yeah and to expand on that - If more people are selling oil to the NCP who buys it; fuel costs go down. If there aren't that many selling; fuel costs go up.
"That's a great suggestion, but it's too serious. I'd rather we stay in this middle ground than have great additions to our servers because I'm afraid of HL2RP."

SeriousRP isn't as serious as most people think. It more or less now defines the depth of the GM's content, not the actual interactions.
Or we could completely remove the titles and have elements from both Semi-Serious and Serious.
And wait for it, what will we call it?!?!

(Sep 16, 2017, 06:42 AM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]Or we could completely remove the titles and have elements from both Semi-Serious and Serious.
And wait for it, what will we call it?!?!

Or SeriousRP that isn't that serious, but isn't semi serious
I think most of you know my opinion on it. I am very much in favor for things that make things realistic and more serious. Whether it's content/suggestions, rules or just certain types of roleplay/actions that staff think goes into grey areas.

+support
The server is fine with its current 'semi-serious' state.

What would help roleplay in my opinion would be

- New clothing for civilians, boiler suits, shirts and ties etc (I know there's a selection already, but not everyone can afford 50k for new clothing)

- Players change their jobs too often, maybe a cool down would be appropriate? (For instance 2 hours)

- Introduce new props (I saw a gta v prop thread not so long ago) a whole wave of new props could benefit most players, as evocity props don't exist anymore.

- Food intake could be revised, you eat 1 fish and you're set for the rest of the hour. 

- A light tool. 90% of the buildings are poorly lit, a topic to discuss for other day, but to me lighting is a big issue.

- The weapons on back feature could be removed, since this came out EVERYONE has stopped carrying rifles, smgs. Although realistic, I think this belongs in SeriousRP, not SemiSerious.

- Kevlar being visible on every player model, maybe with an on/off feature.

- A new way to earn money as a civilian, chopping wood is too easy and takes little to no roleplay involved. Personally I think this should be removed entirely.

- Warrant system. Quick and easy to get a player to jail. Maybe having an overhaul on this system. Police could be required to take the player into jail directly. Some RP's do this, some don't.

These are not suggestions but more on the lines of a discussion. 

Thank you for reading Smile
(Sep 16, 2017, 03:00 PM)MrBonbon Wrote: [ -> ]The server is fine with its current 'semi-serious' state.

- New clothing for civilians, boiler suits, shirts and ties etc (I know there's a selection already, but not everyone can afford 50k for new clothing)
Good
- Players change their jobs too often, maybe a cool down would be appropriate? (For instance 2 hours)
What if you mistype it, or nobody is visiting your RP? Not needed.
- Introduce new props (I saw a gta v prop thread not so long ago) a whole wave of new props could benefit most players, as evocity props don't exist anymore.
Good
- Food intake could be revised, you eat 1 fish and you're set for the rest of the hour. 
More in-depth food system yes.
- A light tool. 90% of the buildings are poorly lit, a topic to discuss for other day, but to me lighting is a big issue.
Good
- The weapons on back feature could be removed, since this came out EVERYONE has stopped carrying rifles, smgs. Although realistic, I think this belongs in SeriousRP, not SemiSerious.
No
Yes
- A new way to earn money as a civilian, chopping wood is too easy and takes little to no roleplay involved. Personally I think this should be removed entirely.
Not removed but nerfed yes.
- Warrant system. Quick and easy to get a player to jail. Maybe having an overhaul on this system. Police could be required to take the player into jail directly. Some RP's do this, some don't.
Yes

(Sep 16, 2017, 03:10 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 16, 2017, 03:00 PM)MrBonbon Wrote: [ -> ]The server is fine with its current 'semi-serious' state.

Good
What if you mistype it, or nobody is visiting your RP? Not needed.
Good
More in-depth food system yes.
Good
No
Yes
Not removed but nerfed yes.
Yes

It's easy to quote and write yes or no, what are your thoughts?
There's no point sitting back waiting for someone else to put out ideas for you.

Regarding the players job discussion, I meant the actual jobs, chef, mechanic, bmd.
You don't just pack up an RP because no one is visiting you.
(Sep 16, 2017, 03:16 PM)MrBonbon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 16, 2017, 03:10 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 16, 2017, 03:00 PM)MrBonbon Wrote: [ -> ]snip

It's easy to quote and write yes or no, what are your thoughts?
There's no point sitting back waiting for someone else to put out ideas for you.

Regarding the players job discussion, I meant the actual jobs, chef, mechanic, bmd.
You don't just pack up an RP because no one is visiting you.

There are already multiple suggestion about most of these things, there is no need for me to retype those.

The actual jobs should have a 30/15 minute cooldown. And ofcourse you pack up an RP because no one is visiting, I would rather be doing something then wait uselessly in a room doing nothing. You can hardly call that an RP.

Weapons on back shouldnt be removed because its realistic and prevents people in any job to just carry a rifle out of safety. If you carry a weapon that large you should have the correct job or just carry a small caliber weapon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8