Limelight Forums

Full Version: Dispatch Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I present to you Limelight Members our new Government Dispatch Board.
[Image: QSDDWe3.jpg]
(Link is at the end of this post)
WARNING: This is a tool to enhance Dispatch RP to assist in organization. To access the board, you need editing rights. This also allows for someone to go into the board and destroy everything that makes it a valuable tool. If players frequently grief the board, this will become a limited access entity only. Please, I want to give everyone the right to use this, but to allow its use it needs to stay the way it is meant to be used.

What is this?
In a nutshell, this is what Dispatchers use to keep everyone’s positions and actions updated. So, instead of trying to remember everything in your head, you can now jot it down on the board and be able to allocate units to calls more efficiently.

How do you use it?
[Image: iZnb7kS.png]
As seen in the photo above, there are 6 columns:

Position - Which row is for what unit (SWAT Sgt. is where you keep the SWAT Sgt.’s details)
Callsign - What the unit will be called over radio
Status - If the unit is in service, if he’s waiting on assistance, or if he enroute to something.
Situation - What the unit is involved in responding to or is on scene dealing with.
Location - The location a unit is moving to or is currently located.
Specific Notes - This is for the Dispatcher. If there is something important they need to jot down for that specific unit.

Now, the use is fairly simple. 

When you get in the Google Sheet, you only have to manually type into 2 columns. These are the Callsigns which you will fill in all current PD, SWAT, Firemen, and Paramedic callsigns (Like Badge#432 or B432) and Specific Notes which you only need to fill in when you have something important you need to write down.

The other 3 Columns with CLEAR in green are drop-down menus and the choices are self-explanatory. However they may be simple, there are a LOT in the Location area. Here is how the Locations work:

There are 7 Categories:
CITY
CONNECTIVITY
NIGHTINGALE
INDUSTRIAL
DOWNTOWN MOTORS
CORLEONE 
LAKE

As you can see (or at least try to see) they are color coordinated to make it easier for the Dispatcher. The specific locations in each are numbered like so:

#1 CITY
1.1 Main St.
1.1.1 AMPM

As you can see, each category will have a number, any sub areas will have another number, and a sub of the sub areas will have another number (These are mostly building attached to roads.)

So say we are putting a location down for an officer responding to the Grey Warehouse in Industrial.

First, we find the Industrial category:

#4 INDUSTRIAL

Next, The road near the Grey Warehouse:

4.1 Industrial Road

Then we find under the 4.1 choices, the Grey Warehouse:

4.1.1 Shops
4.1.2 MTL
4.1.3 Grey Warehouse

That’s all there is to it. If you are unfamiliar with how to do Dispatch RP and would love to learn, ask any staff that are online or ask a fellow player!

Here are a few hints to being a successful Dispatcher:
Stay in contact with everyone and keep yourself updated with their locations

You control who responds to what and you see the bigger picture, so make sure to take the initiative and tell responders when they are needed elsewhere.

Always get full details when being contacted by someone. 
Why are you there?
What are you doing?
When was this?
Where are you?
Who is involved?
Do you need any additionals?

Dispatch Board:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

[url=<br /><br /><br />][/url]
This Dispatch Board was created from the ground up by Gungranny. All information and looks were originally designed and set for LL Gaming. 
Could you add like a BOLO section or something? Would help if someone asks dispatch for information on a wanted vehicle
(Jun 7, 2017, 03:20 AM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]Could you add like a BOLO section or something? Would help if someone asks dispatch for information on a wanted vehicle

I'll add it to the list!
holy shit
Swank
Update
Added:
-BOLO Board
--Vehicle column lists all vehicles in ABC order.
[Image: 20ce61c75b1fcc59410649cbf6e40785.jpeg]

The BOLO Board will assist in keeping all responders on the lookout for wanted suspects. A tip to using it, when there is anyone on the BOLO Board, remind everyone through comms about the wanted suspects when there is a silent moment in the radio chatter.
YES! A little dream came true. I thought you forgot about the idea as you asked about a month ago in-game! The result is awesome!!! Yeeeeees
Damn, Soviet. You've really hit the spot this time! Maybe a dispatcher's job could be added now as a whitelisted position eventually? People that would be whitelisted for it, could get access to edit it?
Gracias guys. If you have any ideas on how there can be more, please let me know. Hopefully soon I can get a report system working that can tie into another sheet on the disptach board.
Nice work Soviet! I like your idea about the Google Form in order to add directly to the sheet, however manipulating that sort of data might be a little hard.

Good job!
(Jun 7, 2017, 09:23 AM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work Soviet! I like your idea about the Google Form in order to add directly to the sheet, however manipulating that sort of data might be a little hard.

Good job!

Youtube tutorials!!!
Just played as dispatcher and it was surprisingly fun. But so stressful - I had about 4-5 officers and it almost not manageable at some points (e.g. armed suspect).
Well done looks great this will help us understand where people are what they are doing
(Jun 7, 2017, 04:03 PM)Rizion Wrote: [ -> ]Just played as dispatcher and it was surprisingly fun. But so stressful - I had about 4-5 officers and it almost not manageable at some points (e.g. armed suspect).

Yea, being Dispatcher is very hard work on LL, as most players that join the emergency services will not know how to coordinate with Dispatch and a lot of crimes happen in such a small city.. You have to have a good team that can handle giving you callouts and info instead of just going "John,the shooter is right there!"
: It might be cool if (and this is probably impossible but I have all hope) this could be implemented into the /policedb MDT. In which there could be a Grand Theft Auto IV-type menu, with a dispatch sheet option which would bring up a live version of the sheet on screen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5