Limelight Forums

Full Version: Dispatch Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(Jun 7, 2017, 07:52 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]: It might be cool if (and this is probably impossible but I have all hope) this could be implemented into the /policedb MDT. In which there could be a Grand Theft Auto IV-type menu, with a dispatch sheet option which would bring up a live version of the sheet on screen.

Dude, that some Dev shit, but putting a live page into the gamemode is possible I believe.

is it possible?

(I honestly am shooting in the dark with you guys if yall know. If you don't ignore me.)
It's possible to load a HTML page into derma.
I don't know the specifics of the Police DB, so I can't comment on that further.
Theoretically, it's possible.
From what I understand you can pull data from a sheet into HTML, but how you'd do that is another matter.
(Jun 7, 2017, 07:56 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 7, 2017, 07:52 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]: It might be cool if (and this is probably impossible but I have all hope) this could be implemented into the /policedb MDT. In which there could be a Grand Theft Auto IV-type menu, with a dispatch sheet option which would bring up a live version of the sheet on screen.

Dude, that some Dev shit, but putting a live page into the gamemode is possible I believe.

is it possible?

(I honestly am shooting in the dark with you guys if yall know. If you don't ignore me.)

It can be done.
Example:
PERP dispatch system. Something like that. If not, it wouldn't be too hard to the vehicle tracking code from the Police Database, change it a little to fit a kinda map (Not one with moving icons, a map is an example). Then with some options you can change as a dispatcher, some area's you are able to fill in. I mean, that's what I thought it would be like. - It's been proven to be done, just takes time
What would also be cool to add to this, is having all /request calls redirected to a dispatcher but only when one is on duty. This would also include the life alert system
(Jun 7, 2017, 07:56 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

is it possible?

Yep, quite possible.

I don't think integrating it in the PoliceDB is the right way to go. You cannot access the chat in the police database screen and opening and closing it would take some time a dispatcher normally doesn't have. I'd rather see the location thing integrated into the web interface if this is somehow possible?
Update

Added (by Anon)
- Dashboard (I like it, but next time please do not edit the Spreadsheet without prior approval from me.)
[Image: 7bfb37271dda9dacea2c29ba599b7552.jpeg]
(Whichever Anon added it, PM me and I will add you to this page)
Perfect finally a thing
MAJOR UPDATE
6/9/2017

Added:
  Incident Reports
[Image: 99dc7bd7bb77708e9a85373610933a39.jpeg]
What is this?
Incident Reports are a new optional way of adding more detail to your situations as an officer. This means you get to see a sneak peak of the boring part about police work, paperwork! 

How do I use it?
[Image: b4fe83b1aec45bd2b3a9fa1d9677c145.jpeg]
When you want to write an Incident Report (Again, optional) all you have to do is go to the link below this post and you can access the Incident Report Form. This requires you to fill out such things as:

Your name
Items of Interest
A short summary of the incident
Resources requested
And more! 

To access already submitted reports, all you have to do is click on the “Incident Reports” sheet on the Dispatch Board Spreadsheet. 
Now, to keep with NLR so these may be used properly while sticking with the rules, every Friday, the submitted reports are wiped, allowing all players a clean slate and a new chance!

Some tips with using this:
Be specific but concise. The more detail the better, but we don’t want a paragraph.

Don’t make duplicate reports! Ask your supervisor or any other officers on scene who should write it?

If you mess up a report, don’t worry. Contact Soviethooves by either commenting on the Incident Report sheet for someone to remove a report, or contact him through Steam or Forum PM.

DO NOT TOUCH THE “DON’T TOUCH” SHEET. THAT’S ALL THE BACKEND CODE STUFF FOR THE INCIDENT REPORTS TO SHOW CORRECTLY!!!

Main Dispatch Board:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ToAigjouaky-E2ebDLJSmGZs7kxqdDhgBJElVzrsU58/edit?usp=sharing

Incident Report:
https://goo.gl/forms/VeUqa6u0Vf8PRjyl2
(Jun 10, 2017, 07:17 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
MAJOR UPDATE
6/9/2017

Added:
  Incident Reports
[Image: 99dc7bd7bb77708e9a85373610933a39.jpeg]
What is this?
Incident Reports are a new optional way of adding more detail to your situations as an officer. This means you get to see a sneak peak of the boring part about police work, paperwork! 

How do I use it?
[Image: b4fe83b1aec45bd2b3a9fa1d9677c145.jpeg]
When you want to write an Incident Report (Again, optional) all you have to do is go to the link below this post and you can access the Incident Report Form. This requires you to fill out such things as:

Your name
Items of Interest
A short summary of the incident
Resources requested
And more! 

To access already submitted reports, all you have to do is click on the “Incident Reports” sheet on the Dispatch Board Spreadsheet. 
Now, to keep with NLR so these may be used properly while sticking with the rules, every Friday, the submitted reports are wiped, allowing all players a clean slate and a new chance!

Some tips with using this:
Be specific but concise. The more detail the better, but we don’t want a paragraph.

Don’t make duplicate reports! Ask your supervisor or any other officers on scene who should write it?

If you mess up a report, don’t worry. Contact Soviethooves by either commenting on the Incident Report sheet for someone to remove a report, or contact him through Steam or Forum PM.

DO NOT TOUCH THE “DON’T TOUCH” SHEET. THAT’S ALL THE BACKEND CODE STUFF FOR THE INCIDENT REPORTS TO SHOW CORRECTLY!!!

Main Dispatch Board:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ToAigjouaky-E2ebDLJSmGZs7kxqdDhgBJElVzrsU58/edit?usp=sharing

Incident Report:

The link for the incident board doesn't work
Should work now. If not, when I get home I'll be able to fix it.
(Jun 7, 2017, 08:32 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible to load a HTML page into derma.
I don't know the specifics of the Police DB, so I can't comment on that further.

Why not make it from scratch instead of using HTML? I think the current database is a material like this:

Code:
    local PoliceDBFrame = vgui.Create( "DFrame" )
    PoliceDBFrame:SetPos( ScrW()-20-800, ScrH()-600 )
    PoliceDBFrame:SetSize( 950, 750 )
    PoliceDBFrame:SetTitle( "" )
       PoliceDBFrame:SetDraggable( false )
       PoliceDBFrame:SetVisible( true )
       PoliceDBFrame:ShowCloseButton( false )
    PoliceDBFrame:MakePopup(false)
             PoliceDBFrame.Paint = function()
        draw.RoundedBox( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, Color( 0, 0, 0, 0 ) )
        local databasetemp = Material( "materials/ll/dispatch.png" )
        surface.SetDrawColor( 255, 255, 255, 255 )
        surface.SetMaterial( databasetemp )
        surface.DrawTexturedRect( 0, 0, 900, 700 )
        end

So if you want to edit the database then I think you need Developer or a contributor that knows how to do ingame materials.
(Jun 10, 2017, 01:50 PM)Zona Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 7, 2017, 08:32 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible to load a HTML page into derma.

Why not make it from scratch instead of using HTML? I think the current database is a material like this:

Code:
        end

So if you want to edit the database then I think you need Developer or a contributor that knows how to do ingame materials.

Do you mean something like the F1 Menu? If so, I like that Idea. Could it then relay information from there to officers over chat? Not everyone uses the radio.
(Jun 14, 2017, 12:15 AM)Marvin Hampton Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 10, 2017, 01:50 PM)Zona Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
        end

Do you mean something like the F1 Menu? If so, I like that Idea. Could it then relay information from there to officers over chat? Not everyone uses the radio.

Yes! We are speaking the same language Smile Thats what I meant
HOTTT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5