Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove the Temporary Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Suggestion for the servers

What? Remove the temporary server that was put up.

Why? The server was only meant to be up while the U.S. server was down. The U.S. server has been up for a few days, and watching the numbers, I noticed something. U.S. Rockford is always busier or just as dead as E.U. Rockford. Sometimes there are people on E.U. Rockford, but theres always more on U.S. Rockford when this happens. And when I get on U.S. Rockford, I see new faces. New players I've never seen before because they seem to be exclusive to Rockford. Splitting this tiny population between 2 servers is going to lead to both pretty much dying. For the sake of population, take down the Temporary server.
Remember the template...
+ Support it is just using RAM space and bandwidth.... not that I care because I play evocity but xD
+support fuck dat serverrrrrrrr
(May 21, 2016, 12:03 AM)lampman13 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the template...
+ Support it is just using RAM space and bandwidth.... not that I care because I play evocity but xD

The template was followed to begin with....
+Support

There are generally more people on the US rockford than the EU rockford
-Support. Keep both options up, so when people from the EU want to play Rockford, they can play it without lag. When the US want to play Rockford, they can play it without lag.
(May 21, 2016, 08:52 AM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]-Support. Keep both options up, so when people from the EU want to play Rockford, they can play it without lag. When the US want to play Rockford, they can play it without lag.
So we need a U.S. v33x server too.
(May 21, 2016, 08:58 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 21, 2016, 08:52 AM)Constrictor Wrote: [ -> ]-Support. Keep both options up, so when people from the EU want to play Rockford, they can play it without lag. When the US want to play Rockford, they can play it without lag.

The population on Rockford since the EU server has been up, is people from the EU. I haven't seen a time since the EU Rockford has been up, the US server being populated.
Odd, because I've only ever seen one person on the temporary Rockford in the past week.
Theres some internal discussion about the US server atm.

Will keep this updated once I got more information.
(May 21, 2016, 08:58 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]

I think due to how popular v33x is it could actually boost US population
(May 21, 2016, 10:50 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Theres some internal discussion about the US server atm.

Will keep this updated once I got more information.

I've been hopping on US-Rockford when I can, and I've interacted with a number of U.S. Players who I just don't see on v33x, ever. SirWulf has noticed a similar thing. The U.S. server has brought in U.S. Players who otherwise wouldn't be here. And they seemed to be returning now that the U.S. server is back.

If the U.S. server isn't half-assed, like it has been the past few months, it could really help bring in new players. If it's killed off, I see no way that will be good for the community.
- Support Why don't we spend £200 a month on a US Server that is £70 more expensive than the EU server for the sake of maximum of 10 people online at one time it seems.
(May 21, 2016, 12:09 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]- Support Why don't we spend £200 a month on a US Server that is £70 more expensive than the EU server for the sake of maximum of 10 people online at one time it seems.

Coming from a UK player who doesn't even play on EU Rockford  Huh
(May 21, 2016, 12:18 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 21, 2016, 12:09 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]- Support Why don't we spend £200 a month on a US Server that is £70 more expensive than the EU server for the sake of maximum of 10 people online at one time it seems.

Coming from a UK player who doesn't even play on EU Rockford  Huh

Doesn't cause a single extra penny to keep that EU Rockford server up does it though m8? However it costs an extra £200 a month to host the US
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5