Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove the Temporary Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What a surprise EU Rockford has 12 players on it more than the US have had in the last few weeks
Wrong! https://puu.sh/pgy0v/c06971efb4.png
(Jun 4, 2016, 05:58 PM)Mr. Spookichicken Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong! https://puu.sh/pgy0v/c06971efb4.png

From the time of posting it was 12.
Funny how people only push others to play on the Temporary EU server when this thread gets bumped.
I didn't do nothing lol, I was actually in Cardiff at the time of posting it above. Just I want to know why we still have a US Server when nobody plays on it.
(Jun 4, 2016, 09:19 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how people only push others to play on the Temporary EU server when this thread gets bumped.

Funny how even when the Americans bump the thread to remove the server the US server is still dead.
Fun fact, the American server is just as active as the temporary one.
14 on EU Rockford, 3 on US. "Just as active" - Okay....
We capped 14 during our peak time so far lets compare this to the US server at their peak time call it from 6pm - 9pm. I've done this before and proved my point lets do it again.
(Jun 4, 2016, 10:42 PM)Brennan Wrote: [ -> ]We capped 14 during our peak time so far lets compare this to the US server at their peak time call it from 6pm - 9pm. I've done this before and proved my point lets do it again.

Congrats, for the 3rd time ever the server broke 10 people.

Also, you never proved that point? EU Rockford was populated for like 24 hours before it died to almost nothing.

On average, when I see the pop of the US server and compare it to the tracked pop of the Temporary server, US is higher.

In addition, its usually new players.

What has Temporary Rockford done? Not bring in new players we wouldn't get otherwise because of the way GMOD displays servers.

What makes more sense for creating an international community?
A) Screwing over half the globe

or
B) Only having 1 EU server
Don't state facts you can't prove the only tracked server is v33x. And what do you expect? Of course there's going to be more people on the US server when you look as most EU players would be asleep. My argument is why should we remove thentempory server which is used more or at least on par with the US server if the US player base aren't prepared to play their own server but instead moan at how the EU players should help them populate it at.
US may not be tracked, but temp is. I compare the numbers I see for US vs the temp.

And all I'm asking is that the EU players do is return the favor.

Or are you suggesting that US players boycott the EU server, since apparently it is unthinkable to have people play on both servers?
I don't understand why there is still arguing about this, there was before the server came and there is after. Putting all the temp servers aside, the US server is failing and I literally gave the exact reasons in my last post. Without advertising to the US population, through adverts on various forums and other places that'll reach out to the Americans, then the server isn't going to ever take off!

With how Garry's Mod indexes servers and orders them, LL has no where near enough members that are US and play on the server, to bump it to the top of the American lists where you'll then be able to get random American's join!

Bottom line is, the US server will continue to fail until investment is put into advertising it to the US, you can't expect a server to get big from a small population, as it'll never rank up the GMod list, no one joins servers at the bottom of the list

I've also requoted my last post literally explaining it, but the underlining point is that there isn't an argument to be having, as there are facts and advertisement needs to take place (so i dont understand why there's any need for an argument, there's nothing to argue about, that's a fact lol)

Quote:TL : DR - To have an American Server LL has to reach to more American Players. Throw something out on Facepunch, get more of an American Playerbase over on the forums.

If LL wishes to have an American server, I believe there needs to be far more of a push to actually get it out to the Americans. Server's don't just suddenly become big because one person get's on and invites their mates, there simply isn't enough people to populate an entire server from the start to do that. The reason EU gains players is due to the fact of how servers are ranked in Garry's Mod, it works like this:

Server starts off low on server list due to 0 players -> community members join due to the fact they're aware the servers up (advertisement on the forums etc.) -> server goes up the server list due to more players on -> random people then see the server and connect. This also works with GameTracker, and you can rank up by having active playerbases/members on.

The issue with the American Servers (well what I've seen), is there simply isn't enough of that initial community members joining to actually get it high up in the server list for people to notice, and the only way to combat this is simply reach out to more American's and get them over on the Forums and get them interested. Getting the American Server was always something I was quite skeptical about, as we didn't have enough members to get that big initial playerbase that'll join consistently (and isn't random).
I'd like to point out that this is a suggestion thread. Not a debate, not a discussion. Unless there is relevant facts or ideas coming from your reply, please refrain from posting it here. No 'I told you so' or 'We're better than you because...' please.
+Support. We only need Americaland Rockford.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5