Limelight Forums

Full Version: Remove the Temporary Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So if that is the big issue, then let's have an advertisement in the game, that little bit of text on the top of the screen? Why can't it say 'Hey, we have Rockford! It is at *********, join today!' Problem solved, now people are aware of it.
+support, separates players. Having one US (rockford) and one UK (v33x) server is excellent.
(May 22, 2016, 04:08 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]So if that is the big issue, then let's have an advertisement in the game, that little bit of text on the top of the screen?  Why can't it say 'Hey, we have Rockford!  It is at *********, join today!'  Problem solved, now people are aware of it.

Sure thing as soon as the US population in the community can be bothered to play the US server instead of expecting EU to prop them up in times where most US players won't play.
I really dont mind that it stays up , also if americano players complain só much , why instead of playing v33x u guys dont go to US Rockford? I would join if theres players in , I really dont loose almost any fps playing on US servers but they are always empy só why such discussion
TL : DR - To have an American Server LL has to reach to more American Players. Throw something out on Facepunch, get more of an American Playerbase over on the forums.

If LL wishes to have an American server, I believe there needs to be far more of a push to actually get it out to the Americans. Server's don't just suddenly become big because one person get's on and invites their mates, there simply isn't enough people to populate an entire server from the start to do that. The reason EU gains players is due to the fact of how servers are ranked in Garry's Mod, it works like this:

Server starts off low on server list due to 0 players -> community members join due to the fact they're aware the servers up (advertisement on the forums etc.) -> server goes up the server list due to more players on -> random people then see the server and connect. This also works with GameTracker, and you can rank up by having active playerbases/members on.

The issue with the American Servers (well what I've seen), is there simply isn't enough of that initial community members joining to actually get it high up in the server list for people to notice, and the only way to combat this is simply reach out to more American's and get them over on the Forums and get them interested. Getting the American Server was always something I was quite skeptical about, as we didn't have enough members to get that big initial playerbase that'll join consistently (and isn't random).
There is no point in having EU and US Rockford. Im not sure whether a rotation would be a good thing. We should focus on either US Rockford or EU Rockford. I vote for US Rockford, since thats the server we announced in January.
Just a reminder that the temporary server is still up and confusing new players.
Just a reminder that the US Server still ain't getting no population even when the US Players tried to get everyone on.
Why don't we just test how much it affects our population to switch V33x to Rockford?¨

This is CityRP 2 right?
(Jun 3, 2016, 08:07 PM)RK-FIN Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't we just test how much it affects our population to switch V33x to Rockford?¨

This is CityRP 2 right?

We have a Rockford server and nobody plays it. I don't think it's worth risking it honestly.
(Jun 3, 2016, 04:11 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]Just a reminder that the US Server still ain't getting no population even when the US Players tried to get everyone on.

Because the US server is
A) Neglected in terms of updates
and
B) Confused with the EU server when someone says "Lets get on US Rockford"
(Jun 4, 2016, 01:24 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 3, 2016, 04:11 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]Just a reminder that the US Server still ain't getting no population even when the US Players tried to get everyone on.

Because the US server is
and

I don't really see how it can be confused... One banner says EU Rockford, the other US Rockford.

Because the US server is
and
For your second point, I see it as more being down to the US server being invisible to those outside of the US because of how gmod shows servers, they have to already know about the server if they want to go on it and use the IP manually.
(Jun 4, 2016, 10:43 AM)evilmat360 Wrote: [ -> ]

Because the US server is
and
For your second point, I see it as more being down to the US server being invisible to those outside of the US because of how gmod shows servers, they have to already know about the server if they want to go on it and use the IP manually.

evilmat is kinda right.

Everytime I launch GMod, go to multiplayer, CityRP2, the first server that appears is the EU server, not the US or build servers. I'm not exactly sure if there is a fix.
TL:DR: EU people will feel lag on US server and US people will feel lag on EU server. Kinda like payback. v33x is meant for EU and Rockford is meant for US.

If i'm wrong, feel free to correct me
(Jun 3, 2016, 08:14 PM)Nacreas Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 3, 2016, 08:07 PM)RK-FIN Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't we just test how much it affects our population to switch V33x to Rockford?¨

This is CityRP 2 right?

We have a Rockford server and nobody plays it. I don't think it's worth risking it honestly.

People need a higher power to control them. They don't know better before they are forced it.

But if people prefer V33x, fine. Rockford is there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5