Limelight Forums

Full Version: Lighting Packages for Vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Suggestion For: Ingame

What: Add Lighting Packages for vehicles.

There would be a number of options, each costing a decent chunk of cash (because they do in Real Life, hop on Whelen or FedSig's website and check out those prices). These lights would only work on the vehicle they are bought for, and there would be a few categories, such as Hazard Lighting, which would consist of mostly Amber and some White lights, appropriate for construction or roadside assistance vehicles (Anything that needs additional lights for safety, really), and Emergency Lights. Emergency Lights would be restricted (by ingame law, to add more RP possibilities than just flat out restricting them to Civillians) to Police/Fire/EMS/Other-President-Approved-People. Emergency Lights would just add a handful of lights, like with the Unmarked Charger, to keep a low profile (Lights would still be visible from all angles, but this would mean they aren't as suited for regular Police work as marked cars). Another possibility is to add different kinds of Emergency Lights, R/B for Police, and R/W for Fire/EMS.

I think the lights should be installed one of 2 ways to reduce abuse and increase realism.
1) "Use" the light package before you spawn the vehicle, so the vehicle spawns with it equipped.
2) "Use" the light package on your currently spawned vehicle, but then you have to take it to a mechanic to have it installed.

Why: It would greatly increase available RPs. Sneaky traffic cops could drive unmarked, everyday vehicles and catch speeders unaware, Mechanics could safely offer Roadside Assistance with less chance of people plowing into them, Utility Workers could slowly creep down the side of the road without worrying about a careless driver not seeing their slow moving truck, the President could drive a less noticeable vehicle, but still have emergency lighting for quickly moving locations safely during an Emergency, Parking Enforcement Officers could creep around checking meters, clans could have custom lighting for certain vehicles that fit their RP, the possibilities are huge!

Have some pictures of basic lighting setups, to help illustrate some of the things I've talked about.
Hazard Lights on a Raptor, suitable for Construction, and an unmarked Land Rover, for sneaky traffic cops.
[Image: 34B684DC3F392F10916D87DEC345AEDE5CB25ED2]
Or how about a Transit with a Traffic Advisor to direct drivers around a car with a flat tire while it's being changed?
[Image: D37385977712A95CB99A65DA0240E11EE44B1C01]
+Support
+1) "Use" the light package before you spawn the vehicle, so the vehicle spawns with it equipped.
I like the options there. +support, option 1 is probably my favorite.
+Support
+ Support

Trabant undercover agent here I come.
+support
Huge +Support
+Support
+Support
(May 7, 2016, 06:46 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]I like the options there.  +support, option 1 is probably my favorite.
As long as I can get police car and ambulance lights for my RV, its a +support.
I think this would allow for better roleplay, I think it would make for 1-2 good passive RP clans.
+support
+support
(May 7, 2016, 02:24 PM)Chicken Coup Wrote: [ -> ]As long as I can get police car and ambulance lights for my RV, its a +support.

That is a good idea actually.  That could serve as a really outdated 80s Mobile Command Base for Police/Fire and Rescue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4