Limelight Forums

Full Version: Allow teachers to give REP's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.> In-game.

In detail, explain your suggestion: Allowe teachers to give out REP's.

Why should this be implemented? To become a teacher you need to know a lot about RPing and be good at it, its only normal for them to be able to give out REP's. Also admins/moderators are busy with @ request alot so they dont always give out REP's, so the teachers could do this as they dont have @ requests.

I know this system was abused in the past, but maybe add something along the lines of a head teacher, that can moderate other teachers. Head teacher would require a lot of hours / REP's or something along the lines of that.
-support
Teacher's aren't here to be asslicked as would happen with people wanting REP. (It happened with RPP at FL)
and it would make REP a lot less valuable as there would be the potential of much more being awarded
The problem is that some people only RP to get REP's and this would encourage more RP. The ''asslicking'' part wouldnt help anyone get REP's unless they actually RP.
- support we are here to help and teach only we are just regular players
(Apr 27, 2016, 04:44 PM)evilmat360 Wrote: [ -> ]-support
Teacher's aren't here to be asslicked as would happen with people wanting REP. (It happened with RPP at FL)
and it would make REP a lot less valuable as there would be the potential of much more being awarded

This.
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...s#pid91702

Not one of those "already suggested" comments, just contains my opinion regarding teachers and REP
I think this idea was shot down in the thread suggesting that veterans should be able to give REPs.
(Apr 27, 2016, 04:49 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]- support we are here to help and teach only we are just regular players
No.
When people were discussing the teacher concept some people were
suggesting they be an extension of the staff team, others said they should
simply be players who have a wide enough knowledge of the rules to help
other players using their intuition, not tools or commands.
-support
As a Teacher, I have to say

-Support
Poll Added.

Please add your Support as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.
This suggestion is in voting stage. You have 7 days to participate before we move it to >Declined< or >Popular<.

Please note: A suggestion in the >Popular< section may be moved to >Declined< or >Approved<
Re-opened thread.
I can see the points made on both sides of the argument. However, there are often a good number of RP's that are left unrewarded, especially since teachers tend to be on more than admins.

+support, just.

EDIT:

Quote:Teacher's aren't here to be asslicked as would happen with people wanting REP. (It happened with RPP at FL)
People asslicking for them would just make me less likely to give them out, and I feel that this is an attitude shared by the teacher and administrative teams.

Quote:and it would make REP a lot less valuable as there would be the potential of much more being awarded
REP don't get given out. In my time as a teacher (about a month), I've seen 2 RPs given REP, even though I've seen many more examples of great RP in the server. In my opinion, whilst they should be hard to get, they shouldn't be nigh-on inpossible.
Pages: 1 2 3