Limelight Forums

Full Version: Allow S.W.A.T. to joined Heavily Armed Pursuits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for <in-game/forum/teamspeak etc.>
Game

In detail, explain your suggestion:

Allow SWAT to join pursuits, if the suspect is known to be armed and has attempted to hurt an officer or a civilian.
They do this IRL, if the suspect is armed, and has attempted to injure a Police Officer.

Why should this be implemented?

Gives something for the SWAT to do,
Allows realism.

SWAT, Special weapons and Tactics would not join a police chase. They get involved for actual gun fights, Raids, ETC.

Thats's what the police is for.
(Apr 9, 2016, 08:39 PM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]SWAT, Special weapons and Tactics would not join a police chase. They get involved for actual gun fights, Raids, ETC.

You realise that a single search in google would discredit your statement. Don't discredit something if you don't know what your talking about. SWAT in the US often join pursuits which have armed suspects involved I can link a few dozen here if you like.

+Support

Hell theres even viable proof of this in the post, atleast have the common decency to read someones suggestion before screaming NOT REALISTIC UGH.

-rant over
(Apr 9, 2016, 08:39 PM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]SWAT, Special weapons and Tactics would not join a police chase. They get involved for actual gun fights, Raids, ETC.

Sorry, even with the evidence provided above, I don't.

Innvoative is correct. S.W.A.T are for actual known gun fights, not for expected or police chases. This would also RUIN in the petty thieves if they are robbing cars as if the S.W.A.T Bearcat comes over and bloody rams them into the wall.

-Support from me.
(Apr 9, 2016, 08:51 PM)Brennan Wrote: [ -> ]

You realise that a single search in google would discredit your statement. Don't discredit something if you don't know what your talking about. SWAT in the US often join pursuits which have armed suspects involved I can link a few dozen here if you like.

+Support

Hell theres even viable proof of this in the post, atleast have the common decency to read someones suggestion before screaming NOT REALISTIC UGH.

-rant over

+Support
+Support

Also, stop with the fuck massive writing please, it's so bloody annoying.
(Apr 9, 2016, 09:22 PM)Mustang Wrote: [ -> ]+Support

Also, stop with the fuck massive writing please, it's so bloody annoying.

It's because I'm on my phone. It does that when making a suggestion.
The thing is even if it realistic, and I think it is. I have to - support it. The reason being, SWAT is already bored in-game and this will be just a way to get into every pursuit.
(Apr 9, 2016, 09:23 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is even if it realistic, and I think it is. I have to - support it. The reason being, SWAT is already bored in-game and this will be just a way to get into every pursuit.

SWAT shouldn't join pursuits because then they might enjoy the role?

+Support if the suspect is confirmed to be hostile/armed.
+support, what Brennan said

Remember that joining every single pursuit for SWAT wouldn't be allowed, suggestion specifically states if criminals are confirmed to be armed and pose a significant threat.
What are SWAT Going to do? Exactly the same as what the police will do.
*They Can't shoot out of their vehicle
*They cannot use Special tactics... as a chase is extremely un-predictable.

The only thing they could do would be create a road block in which i would +Support
Either way in a chase they have exactly the same power as police.
(Apr 9, 2016, 11:28 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]+support, what Brennan said

Remember that joining every single pursuit for SWAT wouldn't be allowed, suggestion specifically states if criminals are confirmed to be armed and pose a significant threat.
What I mean is, they'll use the armed gunmen excuse to pull any other person breaking the law over, as they can just say "I'm still looking for the gunmen from x location, 20 mins ago".
Looking at it from both sides, some good points are made.

While completely realistic, having a Bearcat plowing down the roads after a Charger would be fairly horrible for the carjacker with a knife (and generally the safety of the public, but thats another issue).

From an RP standpoint, I do not support,
From a realism standpoint, I hella support.
For compromise:
Allow SWAT to follow a Pursuit of an armed suspect, but not participate other than roadblocks. That way if the Range Rover full of heavily armed bank robbers nails a tree and gets pinned, Officers Doe and Smith with their Glocks have SWAT assistance close by for the 4 Galil wielding robbers.
(Apr 9, 2016, 11:47 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 9, 2016, 11:28 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]+support, what Brennan said

What I mean is, they'll use the armed gunmen excuse to pull any other person breaking the law over, as they can just say "I'm still looking for the gunmen from x location, 20 mins ago".

I see no problem with this, as they wouldn't be going around ticketing people. They wouldn't give a damn about anything other than finding the criminal scum. (At least, thats how it should turn out, anything else would be FailRP really)

Let's say, when you have suspects armed with assault rifles traveling in a getaway vehicle, why exclude the LEOs equipped for dealing with such threats? They are police, but with different equipment for the job. They aren't as exclusive as some of you make them out to be.

+support
Pages: 1 2 3