Limelight Forums

Full Version: Concerning Fearless and possible hostilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi everyone,

I'm saddened to inform you all that attempted diplomacy with Soul/Fearless has not worked out well. Both sides made some very immature decisions at times, myself included, but for the past few weeks I have only wanted both communities to live in harmony, or at least a begrudging peace. LimeLight has not attempted to attack FearLess in any way: a member of our security team, Burnett, even gave SoulRipper advice on setting his dedi security back, and that was at the very start of the split when tensions were at their highest.

Unfortunately, today there were a few issues concerning a dispute between Wood, one of our developers, and CodedBrain (MavisDracula). Wood had supposedly acquired evidence that apparently showed some alleged wrongdoings by CodedBrain, and was considering posting it. I am not quite sure how, but CodedBrain/Soul found out and Soul contacted me regarding it - this is where it started to go wrong. Please note that LimeLight itself does not endorse or demand any abuse threads on MavisDracula; if Wood were to make it, he would do so as an individual. For the past week or two we have even forbidden LimeLight admins to post on Fearless forums out of risk of causing any further drama.

Today's conversation goes as follows:

Quote:27 August 2015
21:36 - [FL] SoulRipper: Hey
21:36 - [L²] Faustie: Yo
21:36 - [FL] SoulRipper: You need to either demote Wood or tell him to behave as we promised eachother
21:36 - [FL] SoulRipper: He's gonna write an abuse thread on Codedbrain of his past
21:37 - [FL] SoulRipper: According to his own words, to make people leave FL
21:37 - [FL] SoulRipper: Now if he does that, our friendly relationship is over.
21:37 - [FL] SoulRipper: I'm not afraid of his treat, but I do not tolerate it
21:37 - [L²] Faustie: Give me a second please, lemme just find out from HR where we actually stand with this
21:38 - [FL] SoulRipper: 10:34 PM - [L²] Wood: Or they'll see how stupid and corrupt the developer is, and refuse to be part of the community?0:35 PM - [L²] Wood: I'm not butthurt at all lol.
22:35 - [FL] CodedBrain: 10:35 PM - [L²] Wood: Myself and Tobias personally have issues with you due to Avalanche related issues.
21:38 - [FL] SoulRipper: If you guys are really consistent, he should be demoted
21:43 - [L²] Faustie: Well, I've spoken to Wood about it, and HR. This is - in Wood's view - his own individual case and not related to LimeLight. He says that it's actually more about Avalanche and Mavis betraying him or something. However, LL won't be endorsing his post, and whether or not he chooses to make it as an individual, I'll be speaking to the rest of the admins on the team ensuring that no-one else posts there because we don't want this related to LimeLight. However, we feel it is not the place of LimeLight staff to interfere in FL admin abuse requests, whether we allow or disallow it - either way is to interfere. We would allow FL members/staff to make admin abuse cases on our forums if one of our admins/devs abused, as such individuals should be free to do so on your forums wihout us interfering.
21:44 - [L²] Faustie: So LimeLight will not be involved and we will not interfere in any way - it is also not your choice whether or not LL staff is demoted
21:44 - [FL] SoulRipper: Okay well then I'm done with this
21:44 - [L²] Faustie: " You need to either demote Wood or tell him to behave as we promised eachother"
21:44 - [L²] Faustie: I haven't told you you need to demote anyone
21:44 - [L²] Faustie: So please don't tell me who to demote
21:44 - [L²] Faustie: It's not my concern, just as your staff is not my concern - it is yours
21:44 - [FL] SoulRipper: If you go everytime behind your cover that your staff actions has nothing to do with
21:44 - [FL] SoulRipper: Limelight
21:44 - [FL] SoulRipper: Then you are Lame
21:44 - [L²] Faustie: Unfortunately that's the case. I wasn't even aware how intense this situation was getting until you just informed me.
21:44 - [FL] SoulRipper: Not Lime
21:45 - [L²] Faustie: Please don't just resort to insults and ad hominem when I'm trying to give you a respectful response; we can have a much better dialogue than this.
21:45 - [FL] SoulRipper: You guys are a bunch of Lame Lights, I loose respect for you guys
21:45 - [L²] Faustie: Mavis did the same when I spoke to him on pm - he didn't have a counter to my argument and instead called me and the lawyer I spoke to scrubs
21:46 - [L²] Faustie: If you wish to continue speaking or need to discuss something respectfully, I am always happy to hear your concerns and work with you. However, while I'll do nothing against FL or you, I won't be very willing to speak if all you can do is insult me.
21:46 - [FL] SoulRipper: We're not going to speak anymore
21:46 - [L²] Faustie: Alright. I wish you the best; please take care.
21:46 - [L²] Faustie: If you have a change of heart, you know where to find me.
21:46 - [FL] SoulRipper: I'm done with you and your whole childish Limelight staff
21:47 - [L²] Faustie: As I said. Please take care, and I wish both you and FL the best. Good day, Soul.
21:48 - [FL] SoulRipper: Bye, and I'll publish some stuff as well
21:49 - [L²] Faustie: I haven't said that I'll publish anything, but you are welcome to do so; it is your choice. But I take it this means that we're both OK to publish things then?
21:49 - [FL] SoulRipper: Thanks
21:49 - [FL] SoulRipper: I don't care, it's war
21:50 - [L²] Faustie: I'm sorry that it has come to this. Please rest assured that I'll be speaking to LL admins and telling them not to partake in any 'war'; I think it is immature and churlish. While I have no respect for this 'war' you seem to think that there is, I just want it to go on the record that I wish your community members themselves the best.
21:51 - [L²] Faustie: However, for LimeLight's players own safety, I'll be notifying them of this - I don't want them to be at risk in case you resort to immoral tactics in this 'war' of yours.
21:51 - [L²] Faustie: I hope that both LimeLight's and FL's players can get along, even if the staff teams can't. If you have a change of heart, please contact me - I'd be happy to work with you.
21:51 - [L²] Faustie: Good day.
21:51 - [FL] SoulRipper: I'm not going to spend any efforts in trying people to be nice to LimeLight
21:51 - [FL] SoulRipper: As you don't care a single fuck
21:51 - [FL] SoulRipper: Bye

As you can see, our discussions did not end well. I did not want for this to happen. It is certainly true that I made many mistakes along the way - I have been overly threatening to Soul before, and let my emotions get the better of me on numerous occasions - but all I want is for FL and LL to both go their separate ways in peace. Sadly, as Soul has said, it is now 'war' on his part. LimeLight will not be taking part in this. Any admins/devs on LimeLight who are found to attack FL community members in any way (DDoS/dox) will demoted. We urge the players not to be hostile towards FL, just as we hope that FL's players and staff are not hostile towards us. Hopefully this was just a discussion that did not go well, but everything will remain peaceful and both communities can have a great time on their respective servers.

That said, players/admins/devs are welcome to post any concerns or evidence they may have, so long as it does not release personal information that could put someone at risk, and so long as it is strictly professional evidence - insults will not be tolerated.

I also have had a long discussion with CodedBrain regarding copyright. I am sad to say that that did not end well either, but fortunately there have been no hostilities or petty bickering as a result. While I do not agree with CodedBrain's views on copyright, I wish him the best at FL and apologise for mistakes I have made in the past which would have said to the contrary.

For those who don't believe this conversation transpired, here are screenshots:

Once again, I wish to reiterate to everyone: Please do not take part in this. I have no wish for hostilities, and neither does LL, and neither should LL's and FL's player-bases. However, I felt it necessary to warn players in case things got out of hand - you should all be aware of what risks you potentially face by getting involved.

Also, should SoulRipper have a change of heart and wish to resume diplomacy so that both communities and staff teams may get on peacefully, I would be more than happy to talk.

Please stay safe, and I apologise to you all here, and to the players at FL, that this has occured,
Faustie

A shame really

What is there to say about this? Soul seems to have his mind cut in stone and there inst really much you can do anymore but wait and see what happens
I'd like to strengthen the fact that if I do anything on FL regarding evidence I've obtained against Coded, it would not be on behalf of LimeLight nor do they endorse it. It's a personal matter that needs following up.
It's a shame it had to come to this, and myself and I hope many others will not be partaking in any sort of "war" against FL. It's quite frankly childish, and the only way to win such a war like this is to not get involved in the first place.
Says we're immature and then declares "war". *facepalm* why can't we all be friends >.<
****** treating this shit like war?
someone needs to try the pool at ******

--Admin note: Please refrain from escalating hostilities. That is not what we want--
Im dissapointed, not angry, im beyond that now, im just dissapointed.

shouldn't of posted this thread, really bad idea :-X
shame it had to be like this.
This is such a pathetic attempt to attack LL for stupid reasons what an immiture community owner. Let's be the mature one's and just ignore them and if they do come on to minge, report it to a staff member.
Ah well, I'm just gonna keep playing and not bother my arse about it. I choose not be involved with FL anyway.
It's a shame that it's come to this.

When we left FL, we hoped that we could start a new community without drama; something Soul appeared to want himself. I just hope that the drama will end so both FL and LL can focus on hosting friendly communities focused on having fun and making new friends.
I am well aware that posting this thread wasn't the safest move, and may have in fact escalated things a little or rather just directed hostilities against myself. However, considering what Soul was saying, I felt it necessary that players who choose to play on LL should know what they are getting in to, especially those who once held staff positions on FL. I don't believe that you'll come to any harm, but you at least deserve to know if there's any chance of you being targeted.
I'm very dissapointed in Soul. Sadly, he does not appreciate a bit of what we, as security-team, have done. I even helped him via Teamviewer and taught him some basics on Linux.

If his "war" is meant to be some sort of attack against LL, then we will know where to look at.
why dont we have a pint and wait for it to all blow over
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7