Limelight Forums

Full Version: Map change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Can we like have rockford back. Please.

Guv

i never fully explored Rockford, apart from the beach and the city centre and industrial estate. plus it the map that was in action. when i first joined LL. honestly though i loved it thoroughly. and i think a trial wouldn't be a bad idea
(Jan 26, 2020, 07:55 PM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]i never fully explored Rockford, apart from the beach and the city centre and industrial estate. plus it the map that was in action. when i first joined LL. honestly though i loved it thoroughly. and i think a trial wouldn't be a bad idea

Truenorth was meh
Florida was terrible
Evo city was Evoshitty.
Rockford was the only map that was actually Good IMO we need another trial for sure!
There has been a vote. The majority of the community voted for Truenorth.
They complained.
There was another vote. The majority of the community voted for the shittiest EvoCity Map that's out there.
They're complaining.

So I highly doubt that another map change will bring significant improvement to the community's mood swings.

Eddie

(Jan 26, 2020, 08:59 PM)roxas Wrote: [ -> ]There has been a vote. The majority of the community voted for Truenorth.
They complained.
There was another vote. The majority of the community voted for the shittiest EvoCity Map that's out there.
They're complaining.

So I highly doubt that another map change will bring significant improvement to the community's mood swings.

I don't see why the map is changed on a regular basis. Truenorth was good for some RP's but player interaction was lacking. Think of the USFS when you think of Truenorth. EvoCity has no decent RP's going from when I have been on, it is the same old, same old, and I don't see a lot of change when it comes to player interaction. Rockford was also a good map in my opinion, it is big enough to avoid people if you want but small enough so that you will see someone every so often, it has a bit of variety such as a beach, woods whereas EvoCity has a Lake and a Field. 

I understand that Truenorth is not a viable map change for the community as this time, however Rockford, that is a viable solution that brings back that variety.
Map =/= content

Don't change it when we're seeing plenty of success with the current map. This isn't like TrueNorth where it was a barren wasteland. Evocity is fine so keep it this way.
(Jan 27, 2020, 01:57 AM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]Map =/= content

Don't change it when we're seeing plenty of success with the current map. This isn't like TrueNorth where it was a barren wasteland. Evocity is fine so keep it this way.

^
Couldn't agree with more, it's been proven time and time again that a change of map barely increases players, if anything they reduce them as seen by Truenorth. What's needed is more content and more ways for players to interact with each other which I have no doubt are being tirelessly worked on by the development team.
as yes, lets go back to a map that proved to have issues with the community population that people didn't want 🤔
mAp RoTaTiOn
Instead of changing the map we should be looking to add new content to the one we already have. You don't see other games like GTA changing their map to keep things feeling fresh and new to their players because they understand that the map is just the base.

Instead of changing the map, we should look to build it up more and more, adding depth to the gamemode. This is what will improve the game, keep players interested, and bring in new ones.

Suggestion: Ban discussions/suggestions for map changes because they are cancer and counter-productive.

Eddie

(Jan 27, 2020, 07:45 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of changing the map we should be looking to add new content to the one we already have. You don't see other games like GTA changing their map to keep things feeling fresh and new to their players because they understand that the map is just the base.

Instead of changing the map, we should look to build it up more and more, adding depth to the gamemode. This is what will improve the game, keep players interested, and bring in new ones.

Suggestion: Ban discussions/suggestions for map changes because they are cancer and counter-productive.

Ban discussions? No.

Guv

(Jan 27, 2020, 07:45 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of changing the map we should be looking to add new content to the one we already have. You don't see other games like GTA changing their map to keep things feeling fresh and new to their players because they understand that the map is just the base.

what content do you have in mind, for adding to the gamemode?, post a suggestion with some links. as im sure the members of the community would love to see your ideas of new content for the game.
(Jan 27, 2020, 08:28 PM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]

what content do you have in mind, for adding to the gamemode?, post a suggestion with some links. as im sure the members of the community would love to see your ideas of new content for the game.
  • Farming/gardening (ties into cooking and crafting), 
  • Road repair minigame (minigame only accessible to firemen and those issued a government worker pass?), 
  • Mining/crafting, 
  • In-depth cooking system where you actually use a stove to cook dozens of different dishes (think of Breath of the Wild cooking), 
  • Appliance repair minigame (e.g. fix your stove), 
  • In-depth pharmaceutical crafting system that allows the user to create more advanced drugs (example being a health kit that restores both stamina and HP [Could probably remodel the meth system for this and drug requirements to make the most advanced drugs change regularly to keep the system from being repetitive]), 
  • Complete economy wipe and full rework of market system to combat inflation (makes working for money a worthwhile task and experience again), 
  • Nerf the profit of all illegal ways to make money to make other methods of money-making viable (fishing, woodcutting, vendor jobs, etc. are all useless right now compared to weed), 
  • Make woodcutting more fun by turning it into a little minigame/skill that allows you to get more profit by working hard (or keep the same and make it viable by nerfing weed, meth, and contra to the ground), 
  • Trucking job for civs which serves as a little minigame,
These are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. So how about we look to implement some of these ideas (or any others in our long list of suggestions) and build up our gamemode rather than wasting dev time by changing the map.
(Jan 27, 2020, 08:48 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2020, 08:28 PM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]

• Farming/gardening (ties into cooking and crafting), 
  • Road repair minigame (minigame only accessible to firemen and those issued a government worker pass?), 
  • Mining/crafting, 
  • In-depth cooking system where you actually use a stove to cook dozens of different dishes (think of Breath of the Wild cooking), 
  • Appliance repair minigame (e.g. fix your stove), 
  • In-depth pharmaceutical crafting system that allows the user to create more advanced drugs (example being a health kit that restores both stamina and HP [Could probably remodel the meth system for this and drug requirements to make the most advanced drugs change regularly to keep the system from being repetitive]), 
  • Complete economy wipe and full rework of market system to combat inflation (makes working for money a worthwhile task and experience again), 
  • Nerf the profit of all illegal ways to make money to make other methods of money-making viable (fishing, woodcutting, vendor jobs, etc. are all useless right now compared to weed), 
  • Make woodcutting more fun by turning it into a little minigame/skill that allows you to get more profit by working hard (or keep the same and make it viable by nerfing weed, meth, and contra to the ground), 
  • Trucking job for civs which serves as a little minigame,

Yeah, let's wipe the economy so my 2500 hours of playtime are wasted, sure.

Minigames? lmao
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6