Limelight Forums

Full Version: Permanently Banned Players and Forum Accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Idea: Disallow players who are permanently banned to make decisions in votes on Suggestions, Teacher Applications and other votes which can majorly affect the community

Why?:READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST! Currently, if Johnny Cockslap got himself permed from the server, he can still make decisions that can both positively or negatively affect members of the server through forums posts. What I am NOT saying is when someone is permanently banned from the server they are not allowed to post into anything except the appeals section, what I am saying is they may not +/- support suggestions or other important server decisions. If I were a minge and I got banned from the server and I still wanted to harm server progress, I could just -support good server changes and make suggestions to negatively affect the server.
Most permanently banned "members" are just trolling around anyway.

+support

It does not affect them anymore.
-Support

They broke the ingame rules, not the forum rules.

Even though a player may not be able to go ingame anymore, that does not nullify their opinion.
(Nov 21, 2018, 07:23 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]-Support

They broke the ingame rules, not the forum rules.

Even though a player may not be able to go ingame anymore, that does not nullify their opinion.
The issue is if a player has no chance of getting back, then they can still -support stuff for no real reason and generally fuck over important votes
All "permanently" Banned players have the ability to come back, as no permanent ban is permanent, unban policys clearly list that once the cooldown period has expired a player can freely post an unban appeal and have it fairly reviewed for a chance to return.

Permanent is not permanent on LL

I still cannot support this
I see where you are coming from, but some banned players are genuine and want to see the server improved, plus what Blackdog said, people can appeal permanent bans

for now
-support
Most Definitely.

+Support.
Well I would have thought it would have been clear that when their ban is lifted, so is their block on suggestions. It would be insane to act as otherwise
-support, just because they're banned doesn't mean their opinion is invalidated. Neither does it mean they aren't allowed to voice their opinion. Also just because "it doesn't affect them anymore" is hardly a reason to silence them, and if anything, that's going to make it worse.
(Nov 21, 2018, 07:06 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Most permanently banned "members" are just trolling around anyway.

+support

(Nov 21, 2018, 07:06 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Most permanently banned "members" are just trolling around anyway.

+support

So your argument is to punish everyone who made a mistake, regardless of what that mistake was, as severely as those who overtly troll and violate the forum rules to the point they need to be removed from it?

A blanketsweep restriction is not the way to go, I also recall this suggestion being posted once before, and being denied.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...ight=perma

To paraphrase myself from the previous thread on this: 

"As one who was permabanned from Fearless for an entire year, i can say from experience that yes, people who are permad can still contribute to the community, and thus i do not support restricting their voteing ability on the forums. 

Until they are banned from the community as a whole, their opinion is still valid. A Permanent ban is not always Permanent"
+support
I've always known permanent suspension as being expelled from using any service in regards to the community in other communities.

In my opinion, those who are permanently banned shouldn't have access to any services anymore unless it's for posting a suspension appeal. You don't get permanently banned for no reason; so you should earn your privileges back to using all of our services - or in other words - using our services is a privilege, not a right.

It might be somewhat extreme, but eh, it's my opinion. So, in regards to the potential; and the fact that most of the (permanently) suspended players use the forums as a way to either vent or troll around, I'll +support this.
(Nov 21, 2018, 11:55 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I've always known permanent suspension as being expelled from using any service in regards to the community in other communities.

In my opinion, those who are permanently banned shouldn't have access to any services anymore unless it's for posting a suspension appeal. You don't get permanently banned for no reason; so you should earn your privileges back to using all of our services - or in other words - using our services is a privilege, not a right.

It might be somewhat extreme, but eh, it's my opinion. So, in regards to the potential; and the fact that most of the (permanently) suspended players use the forums as a way to either vent or troll around, I'll +support this.
(Nov 21, 2018, 11:55 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I've always known permanent suspension as being expelled from using any service in regards to the community in other communities.

I disagree, LL has two sets of policies for its two main areas for a reason, just because someone gets banned on the forums does not mean their ingame access is limited, and vise versa just because someone is banned ingame, does not mean they have their forum access limited.

To restrict a players ability to post on the forums in anyway due to an ingame suspension of any kind to me does more harm than good in the long run, as now youve cut said player off from the community as a whole.

Its like in the US where if you are convicted of a federal offence and serve jail time, they take away your ability to vote, but in many states even after you have served your time, you STILL dont get your ability to vote back, which then has other detrimental effects and often pushes people right back to what got them in trouble in the first place.

In LL's case, just because a player is given a long term ban (I dislike the term permanent as they are not permanent) does not mean they should be cut off from the community or its various interaction types.

If a LTB player can be shown to be intentionaly causing problems, then by all means if they are violating LLs policies then action can be taken, but just because they are punished ingame for ingame actions, does not mean they should be punished on a community wide scale.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6