Limelight Forums

Full Version: Add a monetary reward for REPs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Explain your suggestion, in detail: Add some form of monetary reward for being issued a REP.
Explain why the suggestion should be implemented: Currently passiveRP is on the brink of extinction, by adding some form of monetary reward for REPs this may drive people away from contrafarming as they are now rewarded with money for PassiveRP, something that would not have happened before.
-support
Is there an estimated amount you are suggesting   ?
i dunno, i think this is actually kind of a good idea but at the same time its ryan ew

+support
As I suggested in-game, much like player of the month gets rewarded with 100k, I think we could have an automated lottery system where every REP you get that month is a ticket in the lottery, as soon as the month ends, the lottery draws a winner and they win 100k. Possibly announced in the same thread as the player of the month?
(Jun 3, 2018, 09:34 AM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an estimated amount you are suggesting   ?

mentioned the idea in-game, and he said 100k.

Although given last month I got 100k for 6, maybe this is too high? Or maybe player of the month rewards are too low?
(Jun 3, 2018, 09:33 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]-support

Could you give you reasons for your lack of support?
(Jun 3, 2018, 12:54 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 3, 2018, 09:34 AM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an estimated amount you are suggesting   ?

mentioned the idea in-game, and he said 100k.

Although given last month I got 100k for 6, maybe this is too high? Or maybe player of the month rewards are too low?

I agree, the player of the month reward is to low, it’s equivalent to 1 hour of weed and contra
+support no incentives to RP after you unlock everything, so cool idea
Its dont rp for Rep.
But with this : dont rp for money
(Jun 3, 2018, 01:22 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Its dont rp for Rep.
But with this : dont rp for money

Everyone roleplays for the REPs, just some are better at hiding it then others. It's only once you get past 15/20 you stop giving a shit about REPs and just see it as another number like hours.

If people are roleplay to get REPs or money with this suggestion, who the fuck cares? At least they are roleplaying.

Pat

Are you kidding me? Your suggestion is just going to make people RP not just for the point, but for the money?
+Support
It will increase the number of people roleplaying on the server. Currently, the only thing that happens when you get a REP is that you get a bit closer to unlocking more stuff. But then when you have unlocked everything it just becomes a number that shows your dedication to roleplay. We need to make a change and add a reward for when you receive a REP to make sure that passive roleplay is able to compete with contra farming in terms of developing your account on the server.

People are good at spending their time wisely when they have a goal of making money. We can use this to make people see roleplaying as an opportunity of making money and not as a "waste of time" when they can contrafarm instead.

EDIT: Also, people are complaining about that you shouldn't RP for money or REP. But then you want more people to roleplay because you think that it's starting to die out. Sadly this doesn't seem to be possible on a semi-serious server as seen by the numbers of people roleplaying at the moment. I don't believe either that it would cause much harm that people RP for REP and money, they are still roleplaying.
It's more incentive to RP.

+Support
+support

If its 100k i want my 1.1mil
Pages: 1 2 3 4