Limelight Forums

Full Version: Add a monetary reward for REPs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(Jun 4, 2018, 07:50 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 4, 2018, 07:48 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 4, 2018, 05:55 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]How is it an unfair advantage?

Well, players that recieve reps will gain money, while the players that already have the reps wont get it. That means a person that got 10 reps after this will have more money than the person with 10 reps before this.

Your logic is flawed, both mentioned parties can earn those 10 reps.

The Person that earns 10 Reps after this has more Money than the person that has 10 reps before this.
Player of the month this month will have more than player of the month last year your point?
(Jun 5, 2018, 09:28 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]Player of the month this month will have more than player of the month last year your point?

Is everyone player of the Month? 
Is it such as easily achieved?
No.
(Jun 5, 2018, 11:26 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 09:28 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]Player of the month this month will have more than player of the month last year your point?

No.

It’s the same principle
I don't think financial incentive is the way to go honestly. I think back to the days of FL and so many people would RP in order to get RPPs for the gas masks. (wow don't roleplay for reps) 

Just needs to be new and unique rewards for REPs, more desirable things. Item wise there isn't many cool things to strive for, I personally enjoy the prop limit but once I got 150, I found my motivation for a higher limit to just die. Access to ragdolls was another good example of a reward worth striving for.

New items, more access, not money.

-support.
(Jun 5, 2018, 11:56 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 11:26 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]

No.

It’s the same principle
So its unfair to not give the players the money that their reps are worth since player of the month always had a money bonus.
(Jun 5, 2018, 04:22 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 11:56 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 11:26 AM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]Is everyone player of the Month? 
No.

It’s the same principle
So its unfair to not give the players the money that their reps are worth since player of the month always had a money bonus.

November 2015, me and Lizard were “players of the month” we never got rewarded, almost 2 years of players of the month went unrewarded
(Jun 5, 2018, 04:46 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 04:22 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 11:56 AM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]It’s the same principle

November 2015, me and Lizard were “players of the month” we never got rewarded, almost 2 years of players of the month went unrewarded
How often was there a player of the month ? Not very often because it wasnt strictly carried out.
(Jun 5, 2018, 05:48 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 04:46 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 04:22 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]So its unfair to not give the players the money that their reps are worth since player of the month always had a money bonus.

How often was there a player of the month ? Not very often because it wasnt strictly carried out.

There have been 39 Players of the months since Limelight's inception.

Source: https://ucp.limelightgaming.net/stats
(Jun 5, 2018, 06:12 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 05:48 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 04:46 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]November 2015, me and Lizard were “players of the month” we never got rewarded, almost 2 years of players of the month went unrewarded

Nice. What a great information. Really appreciated.
Did I ever see them complain ? No.
That's certainly not my problem, my problem is that the already earned Reps wouldn't get any reward.
You can discuss about my logic how much you want. If it doesnt affect me (in this matter (just writing this so you cant turn it around the way you like it)) I don't care and since i've never been player of the month (and I dont have the intention to become it) I simply just dont care about that.
(Jun 5, 2018, 06:36 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 06:12 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 05:48 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]How often was there a player of the month ? Not very often because it wasnt strictly carried out.

That's certainly not my problem, my problem is that the already earned Reps wouldn't get any reward.
You can discuss about my logic how much you want. If it doesnt affect me (in this matter (just writing this so you cant turn it around the way you like it)) I don't care and since i've never been player of the month (and I dont have the intention to become it) I simply just dont care about that.

It's a matter of principle

If past players of the months didn't get a reward, why should past REPs?
(Jun 5, 2018, 06:38 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 06:36 PM)Nebula Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2018, 06:12 PM)RyanF Wrote: [ -> ]There have been 39 Players of the months since Limelight's inception.

It's a matter of principle

If past players of the months didn't get a reward, why should past REPs?

Because nobody cares about being player of the month and plays to become player of the month while people play to get rep and money.
-support
whats passiveRP?
(Jun 3, 2018, 02:04 PM)Cameron Wrote: [ -> ]It's more incentive to RP.

+Support

ForceGhost

(Jun 7, 2018, 01:36 PM)Vadar Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 3, 2018, 02:04 PM)Cameron Wrote: [ -> ]It's more incentive to RP.

+Support
Pages: 1 2 3 4