Limelight Forums

Full Version: More C.W 2.0 Weapons.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:20 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]REPs are meant to be rare and if you want good underground equipment, you need to do better than just shooting people and contrawhoring.

+Support for REP Requirements on certain weapons and military grade forearms are harder to grt in general.

Just looks like an awfully lazy attempt at limiting the weapons when it can be done 1000x better and also spur on RP for all types not just underground.
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:20 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]REPs are meant to be rare and if you want good underground equipment, you need to do better than just shooting people and contrawhoring.

+Support for REP Requirements on certain weapons and military grade forearms are harder to grt in general.

Exactly this.

REPs are not something to simply be given out. They are meant to be earnt and rewarded no matter how rare peopel say they are. I have seen a single player get 6 REPs in 6 Days. REP Whoring or not, it is possible.
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:22 AM)Lieutenant Sours Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly this.

REPs are not something to simply be given out. They are meant to be earnt and rewarded no matter how rare peopel say they are. I have seen a single player get 6 REPs in 6 Days. REP Whoring or not, it is possible.

see last reply
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:22 AM)General Rickets Wrote: [ -> ]

Just looks like an awfully lazy attempt at limiting the weapons when it can be done 1000x better and also spur on RP for all types not just underground.

It doesn't look lazy to me. And whatever system you are wishing to put in place looks to over complicate the system. Most weapons can be bought by civilians and weapons of higher grade require certain requirements IRL. Why no do the same here? Why let a player who has been cutting trees for 3 Days get an M249 over a player who earned his 4 underground REPs?
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:27 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

It doesn't look lazy to me. And whatever system you are wishing to put in place looks to over complicate the system. Most weapons can be bought by civilians and weapons of higher grade require certain requirements IRL. Why no do the same here? Why let a player who has been cutting trees for 3 Days get an M249 over a player who earned his 4 underground REPs?

In my 600 hours on the server I can count the reps I have seen handed out on one hand.

So by the looks of things this things going to be an admin gun used to kill people who cant ask their pals to give them REP.

I will support a REP requirement when it makes LOGICAL sense.

Back to logic - The system is not complicated at all. An admin simply joins the server and sells these weapons during an RP of their liking IE Exotic gun dealer/Illegal weapons auction if you find that "over complicated" then I think you are in the wrong place.
Even better - Make a Roleplay group about it, admins always ask for more rp on the server but majority cannot be bothered to make it themselves.

Just handed you a perfect idea
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:36 AM)General Rickets Wrote: [ -> ]

In my 600 hours on the server I can count the reps I have seen handed out on one hand.

So by the looks of things this things going to be an admin gun used to kill people who cant ask their pals to give them REP.

Back to logic - The system is not complicated at all. An admin simply joins the server and sells these weapons during an RP of their liking IE Exotic gun dealer/Illegal weapons auction if you find that "over complicated" then I think you are in the wrong place.

So instead of letting the players have full reign on the rarity of these weapons we're gonna depend on staff members to get on and do it? That sounds like everytime a staff member gets on we are going to here "Go Ex. GD! I want a M249!" "Hey staff, can we please have a BMA with some good guns?" "Hey Soviet, i'll pay you $$$ for this gun!"

Just allow players to earn REP's for weapons that are meant to be extremely rare instead of depending on staff to get on and do the job. The only thing that should depend on staff as far as locked items are handing out REP's. 

I'll say it again, no need to to over complicate something when we already have a system to allow rare items.
System to allow rare items yes, but weapons are already in everyones inventory on the server other than maybe Befloks.

I see where you are coming from with the REP reward however, I fail to see how this is over complicating. Also if you create the auction system properly and schedule events there shouldn't be any spam if so you just inform them how it all works. Pretty simple really.
+Support
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:57 AM)General Rickets Wrote: [ -> ]System to allow rare items yes, but weapons are already in everyones inventory on the server other than maybe Befloks.

I see where you are coming from with the REP reward however, I fail to see how this is over complicating. Also if you create the auction system properly and schedule events there shouldn't be any spam if so you just inform them how it all works. Pretty simple really.

Just seems like a waste of time when we already have a system implemented to allow players to access rare items because REPs are handed out rarely.
I don't support this unless in very specific scenarios. The server is already filled with aggressive RP, and the economy over-inflated. It would be too easy to get these high-powered guns just adding it the market. I suggest some sort of randomly spawning NPC (in a series possible locations), that would sell the guns once every few weeks. This would be a rare occurrence, and the guns very valuable for obvious reasons.

For fairness, no one would now where the gun dealer would spawn, or at what frequency (unless it's set consistently). 

REP's shouldn't be a part of this at all. I was an admin for pretty long, and it's pretty obvious how REP's are handed out... If we're going to sell a super rare gun, it needs to be available to anyone who can afford it, and locate it - not just the few elite with REP's.
(Feb 6, 2017, 01:36 AM)General Rickets Wrote: [ -> ]

You must have a lot of fingers because I received 6 myself in my first 100 hours, in addition I've witnessed 10 given out at once for a non-event RP.  Just because you aren't around to see them doesn't mean REPs don't exist. And they are on the rise. Please don't be so quick on the anti-REP band wagon please.
As for my posts yesterday all I am saying is we need to focus on more innovative ways to introduce new items or its going to be a REP grind just like RPP on FL, get to 15 or whatever the requirement is then free reign to fuck about. I am just passionate about the development of the server and feel asthough it can be done in other ways than those which already exist.

I have nothing against REP Wulf but the lack of the point which are handed out leaves people with no other alternative than to get bored.
I can certainly understand the frustration/boredom. It is something that we have recently discussed and drafted some guidelines on REP giving. I hope there has been an increase as of late.
why not make a schematic that requires 2-3 underground reps. costing $<QUICKREFERENCES#50000>+ and requiring you to have scrap metal, gunpowder, ar-15 and the quad stacked mags to make the m249
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6