Limelight Forums

Full Version: Vehicle update 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
YEAH!
(Oct 1, 2016, 02:59 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]ok, to address some concerns here.  The primary focus on this update here was Utility.  That is why we are seeing more vans, trucks and such.  But, knowing that just having that wouldn't be good for all, it was decided to add in a few other vehicles that would fill in some of the void.

I'll be honest, the Nissans... I am not a fan of the steering columns on the right-hand side, I would have preferred a left-hand version.  And the Monaco is meant to be a very low-cost vehicle.  It was primarly for that purpose.  The fact is, the vehicle came setup for police.  That was a bonus.  Simply a bonus.

This is the first round here guys.  There is more to come!

Nissan is a Japanese company, and the japs drive on the Left like the British, hence why the steering columns are on the Right.
(Oct 1, 2016, 04:38 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 1, 2016, 02:59 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]ok, to address some concerns here.  The primary focus on this update here was Utility.  That is why we are seeing more vans, trucks and such.  But, knowing that just having that wouldn't be good for all, it was decided to add in a few other vehicles that would fill in some of the void.

I'll be honest, the Nissans... I am not a fan of the steering columns on the right-hand side, I would have preferred a left-hand version.  And the Monaco is meant to be a very low-cost vehicle.  It was primarly for that purpose.  The fact is, the vehicle came setup for police.  That was a bonus.  Simply a bonus.

Nissan is a Japanese company, and the japs drive on the Left like the British, hence why the steering columns are on the Right.

Nissan does however have an American manufacturing facility.  The maps that we use are based in America so it would make sense that the vehicles should follow the same format.  The only vehicle in the U.S. that has a steering column on the right side is the United States Postal Service van.  Every other vehicle is left sided.
(Oct 1, 2016, 05:34 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Nissan does however have an American manufacturing facility.  The maps that we use are based in America so it would make sense that the vehicles should follow the same format.  The only vehicle in the U.S. that has a steering column on the right side is the United States Postal Service van.  Every other vehicle is left sided.

Issue is that we're restricted to what people are porting from other games, such as Forza.
(Oct 1, 2016, 06:00 PM)evilmat360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 1, 2016, 05:34 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Nissan does however have an American manufacturing facility.  The maps that we use are based in America so it would make sense that the vehicles should follow the same format.  The only vehicle in the U.S. that has a steering column on the right side is the United States Postal Service van.  Every other vehicle is left sided.

Issue is that we're restricted to what people are porting from other games, such as Forza.

Aye, I agree with that.  This is why these two made it in instead of a left sided version.  Wish they made variations.
I just pissed myself with excitement, i... I have No words
(Oct 1, 2016, 05:34 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]

Nissan does however have an American manufacturing facility.  The maps that we use are based in America so it would make sense that the vehicles should follow the same format.  The only vehicle in the U.S. that has a steering column on the right side is the United States Postal Service van.  Every other vehicle is left sided.

However you can import them directly from Japan, meaning it would be a Right Hand drive and these are still completely legal on American roads.
(Oct 1, 2016, 07:15 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 1, 2016, 05:34 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]

However you can import them directly from Japan, meaning it would be a Right Hand drive and these are still completely legal on American roads.

You could yes, however... I have lived in the U.S. for 37 years, lived and visited in 29 states.  Except for the USPS van, I have seen in total one.... one vehicle that was right-sided.  It was a Volkswagen Minivan that wasn't a model sold in the U.S., it was an import.

These are very very rare.  Even rarer then our current Lamborghini.  So, even though it can be done, the cost to import them is often far greater than the vehicle itself.  That is why it isn't done that often.
fucking nutted when i saw this
WOO GTR
(Oct 1, 2016, 08:41 PM)SgtDonut Wrote: [ -> ]fucking nutted when i saw this

nothin' like a good nut
Regarding the Dodge Monaco Police:

The vehicle was removed per suggestion:

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-12452.html
https://limelightgaming.net/services/cha...p?rev=1452
Removed complete for police?
(Oct 1, 2016, 10:37 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Removed complete for police?

Yes. We have to stay fair with democratic votes. I know this might upset some players but thats how it is. We cannot ignore the fact that 82% want it removed. 

But no fear ! You can suggest modern police vehicles for vehicle update 2. https://limelightgaming.net/forums/forum-239.html
FUCK YEH!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5