Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR on Markus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Name of Player: Markus

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:36038228

Server: v4b

Time: (In UTC+0) Friday evening

Summary: Give us context and what rules they broke.

I was doing a giveaway of my inventory. I started off by dropping cars. In this case Markus picked up a Ford (Item #1), then when I told everyone they could only enter once, everyone formed a line.
Surprisingly, Markus entered a second time by changing his steam name to receive 50,000. After a while, he entered ANOTHER time. Now I'm not sure whether I've given him the money the 3rd time, because people warned me for it.

He exploited my generousity and laughed about it. When contacting the staff in @, nobody responded. Thanks for that.
This is plain scamming and I'm concerned about why he is being let off with this. The staff blatantly ignored this grave request when there were multiple on the server.

Evidence:

Check the logs, Ctrl + F "Maniac" and "Ford Raptor", then go from there. You'll be able to see Markus' name changes over the time which proves the context. There's no video evidence, but a lot of witnesses.

The names he used were:
- Markus
- jamie.jonson
- Harambe   (???)
Thank you for your player-report, Maniac.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed by our staff-members.
Meanwhile, the accused player and witnesses may reply to this report.
I will tell my point of view of the story if you don't mind.

1.) You dropped the Raptor down before the whole line was formed.
2.) You made the line format.
3.) I entered the line for the first time since it was introduced, thus rightfully and got 200k.
4.) I changed my steam name since I thought it was witty and you wouldn't mind.
5.) You gave me 50k.
6.) You -without ever talking to me- told Obay to ban me instantly.
7.) Immediately after realizing I was in the wrong, I gave back the 50k.

I have never laughed at you or anybody in the room and said "Sorry" multiple times in a serious manner.
Also, the only thing I got wrongfully was the 50k, which I returned immediately without ever denying I took it.
(Not on topic, but I later gave away the Raptor to a 0 hour new player.)
(Aug 14, 2016, 09:20 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]I will tell my point of view of the story if you don't mind.

1.) You dropped the Raptor down before the whole line was formed.
2.) You made the line format.
3.) I entered the line for the first time since it was introduced, thus rightfully and got 200k.
4.) I changed my steam name since I thought it was witty and you wouldn't mind.
5.) I got 50k.
6.) You -without ever talking to me- told Obay to ban me instantly.
7.) Immediately after realizing I was in the wrong, I gave back the 50k.

I have never laughed at you and said "Sorry" multiple times in a serious manner.
(Not on topic, but I later gave away the Raptor to a 0 hour new player.)

Even after receiving the raptor you knew that only 1 item was allowed per player. Yet, you entered again because you thought it was "witty" and "funny"? After receiving your unrightful money you were walking around laughing in microphone, which can be confirmed by all of those who were present at the time. 

Of course you "realized you were wrong" after Obay spoke to you. You don't want to get banned, don't act stupid. You never said sorry either but took the piss out of it.

The main concern here is that you're a player with many many hours. You should know that even ATTEMPTED scamming is a bannable offense. You admit you broke the rules and you should not have been let off with it. You disgust me for trying to play it off as a joke.
To be fair, your giving away of items is IC, if he hides his identity to get more, its an IC action, so he should have been able to keep what he got, this isnt someone buying a car and someone mingegrabbing it, or doing the same to manufactured guns.

What you appear to be saying is you would have metagamed to deny him more stuff had you noticed his steam name?
I do not remember laughing, but I am only human and my memory is not mint perfect.
You only said the "1-per player" after I have received my 200k.
I have never said I found it "funny". Why would it be?
(Aug 14, 2016, 09:32 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]I do not remember laughing, but I am only human and my memory is not mint perfect.

INVOLVED: I was a witness.

You went around the corner of Bank Of America laughed and told another player about changing your steam-name, saying you would do it again which you did and which point I told Maniac.
(Aug 14, 2016, 09:31 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, your giving away of items is IC, if he hides his identity to get more, its an IC action, so he should have been able to keep what he got, this isnt someone buying a car and someone mingegrabbing it, or doing the same to manufactured guns.

What you appear to be  saying is you would have metagamed to deny him more stuff had you noticed his steam name?

Very good job in twisting the information to your favor. When someone sells an IC item which gets scammed, what do you do? You report their Steam name. You don't look at the 20 Lewis Goombridges in the server to give your items to. The fact remains that even though this -in your eyes- was in IC situation, he still abused the tools at his disposal to receive multiple items.

I was giving away my inventory as I'm not coming back. An act of generousity, but because I denied you from entering the giveaway you decide to twist the odds to your favor?

There's clear evidence in the logs where you said "give me money plzzzz", which isn't a realistic representation of your IC-character, meaning you didn't see it as an IC-act until I denied you from entering and became salty.
(Aug 14, 2016, 09:36 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 14, 2016, 09:32 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]I do not remember laughing, but I am only human and my memory is not mint perfect.

INVOLVED: I was a witness.

You went around the corner of Bank Of America laughed and told another player about changing your steam-name, saying you would do it again which you did and which point I told Maniac.

Like I said, I do not remember. Maybe you're right. However that does not change that at the time it was fully for IC purposes.
I fixed it, but I still believe that he should have atleast told me to give the money back and not try to get me
banned immediately without a chance to correct my fault.

I am sorry if my actions have halted the giveaway and caused inconvinience for you.
(Aug 14, 2016, 09:40 PM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 14, 2016, 09:31 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, your giving away of items is IC, if he hides his identity to get more, its an IC action, so he should have been able to keep what he got, this isnt someone buying a car and someone mingegrabbing it, or doing the same to manufactured guns.

What you appear to be  saying is you would have metagamed to deny him more stuff had you noticed his steam name?

Very good job in twisting the information to your favor. When someone sells an IC item which gets scammed, what do you do? You report their Steam name. You don't look at the 20 Lewis Goombridges in the server to give your items to. The fact remains that even though this -in your eyes- was in IC situation, he still abused the tools at his disposal to receive multiple items.

I was giving away my inventory as I'm not coming back. An act of generousity, but because I denied you from entering the giveaway you decide to twist the odds to your favor?

There's clear evidence in the logs where you said "give me money plzzzz", which isn't a realistic representation of your IC-character, meaning you didn't see it as an IC-act until I denied you from entering and became salty.

Your being wierdly hostile to someone who hardly knows you?
Also how is my handling on this report in anyway turning it to my favor? I'm not involved in the incident?

My Main Point is: Your item givaway was in character, if someone got more than you wanted, thats just how it occured. He did not run up and mingegrab, he did not scam you out of a car, you GAVE him the items in question, when you questioned him on it, did or did he not return the items and or money?
I think Blackdog is biased as he was personally invested due to an earlier dispute.

I'm requesting a different administrator to review this.
Please elaborate what this dispute was as I am not aware of it?

You also did not answer my question: Did markus give back the items in question when asked, yes or no
(Aug 14, 2016, 10:12 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Please elaborate what this dispute was as I am not aware of it?

You also did not answer my question: Did markus give back the items in question when asked, yes or no

Markus dropped the money on the floor and ran off ONLY after Obay confronted him in local OOC. He had multiple people yelling at him in mic already, but only when confronted he dropped it. This shows he was unwilling to hand over the money by himself, showing he thought he was pulling of a sick prank. He has been let off too easily as this is not a laughing matter.
You still have a question to answer: Please elaborate what this dispute was as I am not aware of it?

I also have another question:

Had he returned with a different job, a different face, a different IC name, but kept the same steam name, would you have given him what you we're giving everyone else?
We need untampered evidence to backup your claim.

Witnesses don't count and you need evidence to go along logs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4