Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR on Markus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes and him changing steam name is wrong in a way which is complicated and yet to be determined exactly how this should be handled
however him breaking your rules does not mean he broke server rules
The way Obay and I were able to justify this to the disagreeing BlackDog at the time was to regard it as a sort of 'Charity RP'.

In that, as well as changing his steam name, Markus also changed his ingame name to find loopholes in this RP.

Code:
v4b1    [00:21:37]    Harambe    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /igname Jackie Jonson
v4b1    [00:25:15]    Harambe    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /igname Frederico Ballard
v4b1    [00:28:06]    Markus    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /igname Mark Smith

So if there is no justifiable punishment for transaction infringement here, though I still support that notion, let sanctions be issued for powergaming at least.
(Aug 15, 2016, 12:09 AM)Temar Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and him changing steam name is wrong in a way which is complicated and yet to be determined exactly how this should be handled

scam
  (skăm) Informal
n.
A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.

tr.v. scammedscam·mingscams
To defraud; swindle.

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1
scam
play

[/font]

noun \ˈskam\

Popularity: Top 40% of words
Simple Definition of scam

• : a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people
    Full Definition of scam
    1. :  a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation <an insurance scam>

1.6 Scamming is not allowed. Also, do not steal items which other players have dropped to carry out a transaction.

(Aug 15, 2016, 12:09 AM)Temar Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and him changing steam name is wrong in a way which is complicated and yet to be determined exactly how this should be handled

Simple Definition of scam
  • : a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people
  • 1.6 Scamming is not allowed. Also, do not steal items which other players have dropped to carry out a transaction.
(1.12 Purposefully attempting to find loopholes in the rules will likely result in punishment. )

Sources:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/scamming
https://limelightgaming.net/derma/rules.html
ok so igname too, that make it clear on Power gaming changing who he is to gain in a RP or however you wana put it
as for scamming, i still go with no, hes not stealing from a transaction , you gave the Items directly to him for free, there is no issue with the transaction is self, it wasn't intended for curtain people, you stated 1 per person but this is a IC rule made by you and not enforceable ,
and again he was given directly by you so you was giving him multiple times, 2 of which was the same name etc right? the 3rd he power gamed to be someone else IC in order to queue again
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]"the 3rd he power gamed to be someone else IC in order to queue again"[/font]

At this point he had already received money as Harambe. He gave it another shot under the name of jamie.jonson, but got busted by other players.

Code:
Code:
v4b1    [00:24:27]    DicksOutForManiac    (STEAM_0:1:33300739)    gave Harambe (STEAM_0:1:36038228) $50000

Time: 00:24:27

Code:
Code:
v4b1    [00:27:29]    jamie.jonson    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    gave [L²:M] Daley (STEAM_0:0:45345820) $50000
v4b1    [00:27:41]    [L²:M] Daley    (STEAM_0:0:45345820)    said: /dropmoney 50000

Time: 00:27:29

This was after he was queued up again with ANOTHER fake name, but people yelled at me to not give him the money, as he was Markus. 
This shows he was intentionally trying to get even more money, but failed to do so in the process.

Also note how he changed names 3 times in the span of 10 minutes, for the purpose of receiving money. Again, look at the defenition of the word scam. According to the rules and the defenition of the word, he is a clear scammer.
(Aug 15, 2016, 01:15 AM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ][font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]"the 3rd he power gamed to be someone else IC in order to queue again"[/font]

At this point he had already received money as Harambe. He gave it another shot under the name of jamie.jonson, but got busted by other players.

Code:
Code:
v4b1    [00:24:27]    DicksOutForManiac    (STEAM_0:1:33300739)    gave Harambe (STEAM_0:1:36038228) $50000

Code:
Code:
v4b1    [00:27:29]    jamie.jonson    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    gave [L²:M] Daley (STEAM_0:0:45345820) $50000
v4b1    [00:27:41]    [L²:M] Daley    (STEAM_0:0:45345820)    said: /dropmoney 50000

This was after he was queued up again with ANOTHER fake name, but people yelled at me to not give him the money, as he was Markus. 
This shows he was intentionally trying to get even more money, but failed to do so in the process.

Also note how he changed names 3 times in the span of 10 minutes, for the purpose of receiving money. Again, look at the defenition of the word scam. According to the rules and the defenition of the word, he is a clear scammer.

Like I said, after I was found out I gave the money back to Daley who was behind me in the line. I even told you guys that I gave it to him. I did not go back into the line after that.
(Aug 15, 2016, 01:25 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 15, 2016, 01:15 AM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ][font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]"the 3rd he power gamed to be someone else IC in order to queue again"[/font]

Code:
Code:

Code:
Code:

Like I said, after I was found out I gave the money back to Daley who was behind me in the line. I even told you guys that I gave it to him. I did not go back into the line after that.

You gave the money only after Obay told you to give it back. He's a clear witness. If it wasn't for him, I'm pretty sure you would have run off.
Don't act innocent. Breaking the rules then apologizing for them is still breaking, and also admitting to breaking the rules. You know damn well what you did and why you did it. I want you to post an honest testimony of what you did and not try to play the victim card in the hopes of getting away with it.

(Aug 15, 2016, 01:25 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, after I was found out I gave the money back to Daley who was behind me in the line. I even told you guys that I gave it to him. I did not go back into the line after that.

So you admit that what's been claimed so far is true?

Edit: Didn't you also change you steam avatar to circumvent someone from recognizing you?
(Aug 15, 2016, 01:28 AM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 15, 2016, 01:25 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
Code:

Code:
Code:

You gave the money only after Obay told you to give it back. He's a clear witness. If it wasn't for him, I'm pretty sure you would have run off.
Don't act innocent. Breaking the rules then apologizing for them is still breaking, and also admitting to breaking the rules. You know damn well what you did and why you did it. I want you to post an honest testimony of what you did and not try to play the victim card in the hopes of getting away with it.

(Aug 15, 2016, 01:25 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, after I was found out I gave the money back to Daley who was behind me in the line. I even told you guys that I gave it to him. I did not go back into the line after that.

So you admit that what's been claimed so far is true?

Edit: Didn't you also change you steam avatar to circumvent someone from recognizing you?

That's a negative good sir.
He did do it under 3 names. He started as Mark Smith before coming back another two times under the two other names, bringing the total up to 3, only one of which he was warned for. Had he not been caught on the 3rd try I'm sure Markus would have done it again.

Source: I was watching phased and saw him collect it under Markus and Mark Smith, the other two instances are fully shown by the logs, and then after being caught for one offence of the two changing his name back to the original.

Source 2: Claiming that "This fucker falls for it every time", in a PM or not, still shows your attitude and judging from this you were willing to do it as many times as you could get away with.
(Aug 15, 2016, 11:13 AM)lods of emone Wrote: [ -> ]He did do it under 3 names. He started as Mark Smith before coming back another two times under the two other names, bringing the total up to 3, only one of which he was warned for. Had he not been caught on the 3rd try I'm sure Markus would have done it again.

Source: I was watching phased and saw him collect it under Markus and Mark Smith, the other two instances are fully shown by the logs, and then after being caught for one offence of the two changing his name back to the original.

Source 2: Claiming that "This fucker falls for it every time", in a PM or not, still shows your attitude and judging from this you were willing to do it as many times as you could get away with.

Let's get this clear, since you seem a bit stubborn (no-offense) against my case.

I took the Raptor rightfully before he told us the (IC) rules of the giveaway.

I then took the 200k (1st time in the line; Markus)

I entered the line to get more, he told us the rules so I exited the line (2nd time in line; Markus)

I thought a witty name change would be acceptable so I changed my name and got 50k, perphaps unrightfully by his IC rules (3rd time in line, jamie.johnson).

I entered the line again, but got caught and was told it is not allowed by his IC rules, so I gave back the 50k right away, without ever denying it. (4th time in line, Harambe)

Facts:
-Only thing I took unrightfully was 50k

-At the time I took the 50k I didn't know it was rulebreaking and I still believe it is not breaking the server rules.

-After confronted, I gave back the money without denying it.

-After giving back the money I exited the Bank and thus the giveaway permanently.
"I thought a witty name change would be acceptable so I changed my name and got 50k, perphaps unrightfully by his IC rules (3rd time in line, jamie.johnson)."

Are you being serious? You need to stop lying. How does it even remotely cross your mind that exploiting a giveaway is acceptable? You obviously did it to be edgy, and to get as much profit as possible. The PM to (who was also present, which can be confirmed by the phased admins), shows you had no intent of giving the money back. If you weren't caught by PaulB, who was monitoring double transactions, you would have entered over and over.

We're honestly going around in circles because you're not man enough to admit to it. Stop trying to bullshit your way out of this it's honestly disgusting.

Every post you make, your story changes. There's no continuity across the posts which shows that you're lying hard. Lying in the courthouse in order to get away with it is a grave offense and I hope you realise that.
(Aug 15, 2016, 12:22 PM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]"I thought a witty name change would be acceptable so I changed my name and got 50k, perphaps unrightfully by his IC rules (3rd time in line, jamie.johnson)."

Are you being serious? You need to stop lying. How does it even remotely cross your mind that exploiting a giveaway is acceptable? You obviously did it to be edgy, and to get as much profit as possible. The PM to (who was also present, which can be confirmed by the phased admins), shows you had no intent of giving the money back. If you weren't caught by PaulB, who was monitoring double transactions, you would have entered over and over.

We're honestly going around in circles because you're not man enough to admit to it. Stop trying to bullshit your way out of this it's honestly disgusting.

Every post you make, your story changes. There's no continuity across the posts which shows that you're lying hard. Lying in the courthouse in order to get away with it is a grave offense and I hope you realise that.

All I see is accusations based on assumptions.
I have talked to many people and they can confirm my fears that you have been very agressive to both the staff and players alike ever since your demotion and I believe I'm simply a new target on your list.

I am always one for giving away free stuff to new players on the server and have helped many players throughout my time here. I do not see how you saying that I'm a "disgusting" "alwaya-scammer" with "autistic fonts" holds true.
(Aug 15, 2016, 12:27 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 15, 2016, 12:22 PM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]"I thought a witty name change would be acceptable so I changed my name and got 50k, perphaps unrightfully by his IC rules (3rd time in line, jamie.johnson)."

All I see is accusations based on assumptions.
I have talked to many people and they can confirm my fears that you have been very agressive to both the staff and players alike ever since your demotion and I believe I'm simply a new target on your list.

Playing the victim card won't help you hide the evidence and lack of continuity in your posts. It's completely irrelevant to this case.
(Aug 15, 2016, 12:09 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 15, 2016, 11:13 AM)lods of emone Wrote: [ -> ]He did do it under 3 names. He started as Mark Smith before coming back another two times under the two other names, bringing the total up to 3, only one of which he was warned for. Had he not been caught on the 3rd try I'm sure Markus would have done it again.

I thought a witty name change would be acceptable so I changed my name and got 50k, perphaps unrightfully by his IC rules (3rd time in line, jamie.johnson).

I entered the line again, but got caught and was told it is not allowed by his IC rules, so I gave back the 50k right away, without ever denying it. (4th time in line, Harambe)

You're claiming that you entered the line as jamie.johnson beforehand, despite the fact this is not true as evidenced in the logs? It seems that you are lying in the courthouse.

Here, first as Harambe.
Code:

Then as jamie.johnson 2 minutes later.
Code:
v4b1    [00:26:18]    jamie.jonson    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /pm rock I'm Markus
v4b1    [00:26:25]    jamie.jonson    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /pm rock This fucker falls for it every time
v4b1    [00:26:31]    jamie.jonson    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /pm rock this is my third time
(Aug 15, 2016, 12:30 PM)lods of emone Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 15, 2016, 12:09 PM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]

You're claiming that you entered the line as jamie.johnson beforehand, despite the fact this is not true as evidenced in the logs? It seems that you are lying in the courthouse.

Here, first as Harambe.
Code:

Then as jamie.johnson 2 minutes later.
Code:
v4b1    [00:26:18]    jamie.jonson    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /pm rock I'm Markus
v4b1    [00:26:25]    jamie.jonson    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /pm rock This fucker falls for it every time
v4b1    [00:26:31]    jamie.jonson    (STEAM_0:1:36038228)    said: /pm rock this is my third time

I might have switched it up while typing.
Of course this could be possibly because I spent the evening having a headache and stomachache or possibly because of the pressure you put on me.

Also could have let some others confirm these logs, please? I just want to see another admin confirming that there were no mistakes made.
Pages: 1 2 3 4