Limelight Forums

Full Version: Supporting PassiveRP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion for in-game

In detail, explain your suggestion:

As all of you might have noticed the server these days lacks passiveRP, everytime I go on the server I mostly see full government and the following criminal jobs.

Phantom Gang
Drug additc
Criminal
Lumberjack/criminal
Burgular
Chopshop

A while ago we've made updates that would support players getting more money faster but that's no longer an issue anymore because of moneypacks and that's not really a bad thing. But no one uses meth or anything of the things we've added before.

Now it is really the time where we start promoting passiveRP so here is where my suggestion starts. Back on the older community most people used to role-play because of RP points and no one can ever say that they used to sit in a shop for 5 hours doing /me's for "fun" That shit is boring as fuck. 

People role-played for the points

What I am suggesting is adding new items that have NOTHING to do with new/big updates but adding new items that their sole purpose is to be gained with REP points. 

Side note:
 I do have another suggestion about REPs in general, I think the idea of having three different REP types is just bad espcailly when two of them are really focused on aggressiveRP which are Goverrnment & Underground so I'd like to hear what the community has to say about REP types as well. 

Why should this be implemented?
It its almost impossible to see anyone do any passive RP these days most people run around while being masked and shoot people and this mostly because most updates are focused on aggressive RP more than passiveRP.
Very nice guide for those who dont understand but u cant force people doing passive roleplays , and i guess this wont change anything at all , thats just the way
Very good post Rocket. I couldn´t agree more.

There´s a lack of PassiveRP now days, people are just here to earn some money & to buy weapons and cars. I mean... Passive Roleplaying is really fun too if you just belive in it.

+Support.
+ Support.
But the problem with REP's at the moment, at the start they were easy to obtain, they were being handed out like candy. But when admins have picked up on this they've made it nearly impossible to get a REP without going to a event.

At the moment the main source of REP's are coming from events, which isn't a good thing. If people are only RPing properly on the event server that means "newish" players don't see this kind of RP, and will not follow on.

The other problem is people don't like to attend passive RP's. I was doing a tattoo shop RP for three hours, we had around 10 people walk in, but only four of them actually stayed to attend the passive RP getting a tattoo etc.

But while doing this passive RP, we were attacked by aggressive RP'ers trying to extort us, in the end we had to put the dupe down back four times due to molotov's being thrown at the dupe.
I understand how the REPs work and how they do present what types of RP you are an expert in, I both like it and hate it however I don't have an opinion on weather it should stay or not.
Although, I fully support new addition of items used to promote passive RP, weather this be models or some items or whatever people can think of. I actually find passive RP to be extremely fun and I am disappointed when the server is around 40/60 and everyone else would rather shoot people up and mug people than visit my store or another person store for a purpose other than robbing it.

+Support for addition of new REP items.
+ Support
[Image: iSqo3Q9.png]

STOP LOOKING. START REPLYING. 

SPECIALLY YOU GEORGE.
+Support
Add new items for REP

Great suggestion but have you thought about what those items would be?
I like it, + Support
We're going to have to get some more than just "Add more items".

Examples people.
Microwave , fridge , oven , all of those working like the coofe machine , so we could cock meal raw or fish or anything , thats few examples
+support

After my little pause of CityRP i saw no-one doing PassiveRP, makes me sad.
(May 29, 2016, 04:56 PM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]Microwave , fridge , oven , all of those working like the coofe machine , so we could cock meal raw or fish or anything , thats few examples

No those items can actaully be used for RP rather than them being reworded for the RP.

I'm thinking stuff like models and all that.
(May 29, 2016, 04:52 PM)Voluptious Wrote: [ -> ]We're going to have to get some more than just "Add more items".

Examples people.
Developers do not like the word "stuff".
Pages: 1 2 3