This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to become a DJ
Internet Offline
Developer, Moderator, Contributor Liaison
Developer Only
Threads: 211
Likes Given: 120
Likes Recieved: 737 in 402 posts
01-10-2016, 06:31 PM
[Image: G9RcUEM.png]

So... you want to be a DJ huh?

With the re-launch of The EvoCity Radio comes a fresh team of presenters. We're looking for new radio hosts that can commit and donate an hour or two of their time a week to pick up a regular shows. No-one is expecting anyone to come on and sound like a professional DJ, however there are still a few factors that need to be considered before you can be accepted.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You need:

1) Good microphone quality

This is crucial, nothing ruins a broadcast like struggling to understand the DJ. Your microphone must be free of gain hiss, background noise and any other disturbances.

2) Fluent in the English language.

English does not necessarily have to be your first language, however you must be able to speak it without hesitation.

3) A reliable internet connection

You must have a workable connection speed. This is especially important, considering the minimum quality of the radio (128k / 44100 Hz / Stereo), as well as the next point.

4) An extensive music library

You must have access to a large library of music or be able to download tracks on the go.

5) Some form of DJ software that's compatible with our systems (we can help you get your hands on one if you don't!)

Traktor or SAM Broadcaster, for example.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

So how do I apply?

To be eligible for selection, you must first submit a 10-15 minute demo show in an .mp3 or .wav format. The demo should be a pre-recorded, podcast style show including songs that represent your musical preference. The demo should also include plenty of talking so you can demonstrate to us your ability to interact with an audience, as well as showing off your microphone quality and the other factors as discussed above.

This demo should be PM'd to @Barkles, @"Doctor Internet" and @Doodleh, or posted on your application.

As well as an audio demo applicants must also submit the following template:

[i]Are you a previous Evoradio DJ?[/i] Y / N
[I]Do you have experience as a DJ?[/I] Y + Details / N

[i]What style of show do you intend on doing? (News, Specific Genre, etc)[/i]
[i]Anything else you would like to add:[/i]

Applications must be posted in a separate thread.

Previous EvoRadio DJ's do not need to include an audio demo, just submit the rest of the application to register your interest.

Questions? Feel free to ask them below

-Internet, -Barkles, -Doodleh
Original Post by Von Tempski.
[Image: LNtwAVM.png]
Thanks @Bambo
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 12:33 PM by Internet. Edit Reason: Doodleh Smells )
Internet Offline
Developer, Moderator, Contributor Liaison
Developer Only
Threads: 211
Likes Given: 120
Likes Recieved: 737 in 402 posts
12-22-2016, 11:37 AM
Opening Post Updated, Template Changed.
Added more information about the audio demo.
[Image: LNtwAVM.png]
Thanks @Bambo