Limelight Gaming - Our Guidelines
Here you can find our forum and in-game rules along with our Terms of Service. To ensure the best experience while using our services please familiarize yourself with all of the below. By using Limelight Gaming's services you agree to abide by our rules and Terms of Service.
- Do not spam.
- Extremism of any sort is not allowed whatsoever.
- Do not post malicious content or suspicious software.
- Do not troll in the serious forums. This includes the Community Related Information, CityRP Area, Serious Discussions and the Courthouse.
- Do not post on threads which are no longer relevant (necroposting).
- Speak only in English on the forums.
- Do not blatantly advertise other games, communities, products, websites, etc.
- Follow the rules specific to particular forums.
- Do not impersonate other members of Limelight.
- Be respectful towards other users.
- If you are jokingly disrespectful towards other users, make it obvious or note that it is a joke.
- Do not discriminate against other users for any reason, our community is one of acceptance.
- Do not threaten other users for any reason.
- This includes report threats, if you need to report someone, simply go about it, there is no need to threaten them with it.
Image, Signature and Avatar Rules
- Do not post any pornographic content.
- Graphic gore content is not allowed unless previous approval is given.
- Do not post huge images. Signatures must be within a maximum 600x367 radius.
- Do not post any offensive/hate speech material.
- Do not post others' content and claim it as your own.
- Private messages need permission from the other person before being posted, except when being used as evidence in the Courthouse.
- High resolution images should be posted as links.
- You reserve the right to post your opinion regarding the community. Do not however, post pointless bickering if its intent is not to improve the situation.
- Do not flame or provoke flaming.
- Respect other members and staff.
- Do not flame or abuse other members.
- Respect copyright. Do not ask for links to torrents, warez, or other such things.
- Do not post hostile or aggressive content towards Limelight or any community.
- Titles of forums should be relevant and accurately describe the content.
- Do not post unnecessary moving text.
- Do not post with the sole intention of increasing your post count.
- Do not make duplicate posts. Use the search feature to see if similar threads have been made.
Posting in The Courthouse
- You are only allowed to post in a thread when you are either the accused player, reporting player and if you are of any important relation to the case (Which is to be determined by staff members).
- When posting in a thread you must state your involvement and why you're involved at the very top of your post in bold. Failure to explain your involvement leaves you liable to a forum warning.
The following rules are made to make clear what is allowed and what is not, this is required for any decent roleplay server. We expect you to read all the rules before playing. It may take a couple of minutes to read all the rules, but an average ban is a lot longer than that. It's almost impossible to cover every single detail with rules, so we expect that you use your common sense and won't do questionable things or search for loopholes. If you are not sure if something is allowed or not, ask an admin to clarify.Remember, our roleplay (RP) is about recreating a lifelike civilization - your character is by default a functional member of society, so make your character behave realistically.
- 1.1 - Using cheats, hacks, abusing glitches, and using other third party software to give yourself an advantage over other players (such as
- autoclickers) is not allowed.
- 1.2 – You can only own and use one account, using more than one account to avoid a punishment or otherwise can result in a permanent ban.
- If you want to switch to another account, make a thread about it on the forums.
- 1.3 - Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. If you suddenly have to go, inform the people
- you are roleplaying with via LOOC and give them a few minutes to conclude the RP. If you are unable to stay for those few minutes, we
- recommend that you go AFK instead of disconnecting and inform staff via @.
- 1.4 - Do not swear excessively, argue or insult in OOC chat, and do not write caps-locked messages. While you can be sexist/racist/otherwise
- discriminatory In-Character, this must not carry over to OOC.
- 1.5 - Listen to admin decisions; they aren't negotiable.
- 1.6 - Scamming is not allowed. Also, do not steal items which other players have dropped to carry out a transaction.
- 1.7 – Do not advertise other servers, GMod communities or websites in any way. You may link to widely known safe (and SFW) websites.
- 1.8 - If you see someone breaking the rules, try to warn them or contact an admin. Do not take the situation into your own hands. You may still
- defend yourself if your character’s life is endangered by the rule breaker.
- 1.9 - Purposefully attempting to find loopholes in the rules will likely result in punishment.
- 1.10 - OOC chats, adverts, requests, job radios, and broadcasts are English-Only. Other chats are international. Avoid spamming
- in any of these chats.
- 1.11 – Do not promote anything conflicting with the rules in adverts, broadcasts, laws, or by any other means.
- 1.12 – Do not mic-spam. If you want to play music through your microphone, have an appropriate prop and ensure the sound is not too loud
- and your mic quality is decent.
- 1.13 – Do not trade your in-game money/items for real money, CS:GO skins, game keys, or anything else that's not other in-game
- money/items. The only exception to this is Membership - you may trade in-game money or items for someone else to buy you membership
- on the server.
- 1.14 - Do not attempt to impersonate players or staff. This includes using staff tags or tags that look very similar.
- 2.1 - You are considered to be under FearRP when you are in line of sight of a visibly armed person, who is within microphone range of you
- and is able to harm your character at that moment. You must act afraid of armed people and life-threatening situations. You must follow the
- orders of the person(s) who have you under FearRP, you may not draw a weapon on them, attack them, or run away from them. FearRP applies
- to melee weapons if you are within striking range, but not if you are in a vehicle. You are not under FearRP if you are also visibly armed.
- Visibly armed in the context of this rule means that you have your weapon out and in your hands, regardless of safety mode. You are not
- considered visibly armed when you are seated in a vehicle, regardless of whether you are holding a weapon in hand or not. If someone switches
- from a gun to handcuffs/rope to detain you, FearRP still applies.
Basic Roleplay Rules and Job Rules
- 3.1 - Your character needs to have a valid in-character reason for their actions, especially ones that harm or otherwise affect other players.
- The action needs to be appropriate to the reason e.g massacring the entire police force is not an appropriate response to being hit with a baton
- by a single corrupt officer.
- 3.2 - It is not allowed to roleplay rape or any other form of sexual abuse. You are also not allowed to use real-life extremist names or symbols.
- 3.3 - Do not do unrealistic things out of context (FailRP). Think of reasons for your actions and what you do and ask yourself if it’s realistic –
- e.g running around the city punching everyone as the President is FailRP. This also applies to unrealistic buildings out of context.
- 3.4 - Powergaming is not allowed. E.g do not write “/me pulls out a gun and shoots his opponent right in the head” when it hasn’t actually
- happened in the game. Instead of “/me kicks the man in the groin” use “/me attempts to kick the man in the groin” and let the other
- player decide the outcome; alternatively you can use /roll to decide the outcome. Other examples of powergaming – changing jobs just
- to buy something from the market for yourself, abusing the /demote command to get rid of a police officer holding you at gunpoint.
- 3.5 - Custom job titles must state what character you intend to roleplay, and you must roleplay the chosen job accurately (e.g do not RP as a
- secret agent when your job is set to Chef)
- 3.5a- Custom jobs using /job must be made so they maintain the job's original purpose, unless originally in the "citizen" job. e.g SS agents
- always protect the president, paramedics always provide emergency medical assistance, gun dealers always provide firearms and ammunition.
- 3.6 – Switch to Citizen when going AFK for more than 5 minutes. A staff member can remove you from your job if you are AFK for more than 5
- 3.7 - Do not raid as a Doctor, Chef, Gun Dealer, Mechanic, Taxi Driver or Security Guard.
- 3.7a– All the jobs in 3.7 are meant to provide a service for the city. Do not lock yourself in a contraband room or otherwise seclude yourself from
- everyone and refuse to do your chosen Job’s task. Additionally, the jobs in 3.7 are not meant to commit crime which is unrelated to their job.
- 3.8 - Custom groups may work with the government, but do not necessarily have to follow government restrictions and rules. A member of staff
- can force a custom group to follow government restrictions and rules if they feel it necessary.
- 3.9 - Do not use information obtained by out-of-character means, in-character (Metagaming). Exception - you may use Teamspeak/Discord/similar
- as a radio, but only if it would make sense in-character (do not use it to bypass injury, FearRP, NLR, etc.).
New Life Rule (If you die)
- 4.1 - If you die, you forget how you died. You cannot go back to the place where you died for 10 minutes or interfere in any other way with the RP
- happening in that area. If you were killed, avoid contact with the players that killed you for the duration of the NLR timer. Ask for staff permission
- to break NLR if you died to a bug/prop/RDM/etc.
- 5.1 - Do not run people over on purpose (CDM), and always try to brake/avoid people on the roads.
- 5.2 - When your vehicle is stuck, call an admin. You can gently try to move it with a prop if required. When your vehicle is upside down you
- should use /flip to flip it.
- 5.3 - Do not build your own vehicle without staff permission.
- 5.4 - Do not spam the horn or siren.
- 5.5 - You may only modify vehicles using the context menu or /customize if the vehicle's owner allows you to. Do not modify vehicles
- unrealistically out of context.
Tools and Prop Rules
- 6.1 - Props are meant for building and for enhancing roleplay. Using props for other purposes may be considered abuse, for example using
- props to kill/push vehicles and players, using props to fly around, using props to block yourself or other players in an area.
- 6.2 - You require staff permission to build in areas you do not own (unless it’s outside the city, but not on roads), or the president’s permission
- if it’s the Town Hall. You may spawn small, roleplay-appropriate props in areas you do not own as long as you leave them unfrozen.
- 6.3 - Do not build traps, unrealistically supported constructions (like floating cameras), or use your tools during combat. You may get up to
- rooftops and build on them with a valid roleplay reason, using the ladder tool, however defensive fortifications and contraband are not allowed.
- Do not use your physgun as a lasepointer. Do not spam props. If your car is stuck, you may proppush it gently with a prop until it gets unstuck. You
- may use props to climb over walls, but only if you actually roleplayed getting them, carrying them over to the wall, and setting them down in a
- realistic manner to be climbed – do not spawn themon the spot.
- 7.1 - You can have a maximum of 2 lockable custom doors leading to the same location in a base and there must be at least 2 metres (2PHX length)
- between two doors. All custom doors must be openable by keypad or buttons from both sides, which should be clearly visible. When opened by keypad,
- custom doors must be held open for at least 5 seconds. The person who owns the main (front) door of the building owns the entire building. Do not
- buy any other doors in that building or build there without the permission of the front door owner. A member of staff can allow more than two
- custom doors to be built leading to the same location in rare circumstances where the RP absolutely requires it – e.g custom prison building.
- 8.1 – Do not make fortified bases in obvious shops within the city.
- 8.2 - Walls used to surround a base can't be more than 4 metres (PHX units) tall. If there are uneven surfaces where the walls are placed,
- some leniency will be allowed to compensate.
- 8.3 - Do not use the fading door tool to fade a prop away in order to shoot.
- 8.4 - Props with one-sided textures are only allowed to be used as a window, and you are not allowed to shoot through a one-sided window
- when defending.
- 8.5 - Bases which have extremely unfair advantages for the defending party, including but not limited to: crouch/prone-only entrances, mazes,
- long narrow corridors, entrance keypads being visible by the defenders, and others, can be considered a Doomfort and aren't allowed. A member
- of staff has the final say in whether a base is a doomfort or not – make an @ call to ask if you are unsure.
- 8.6 - Your base must fit your character's roleplay. E.g Poor characters can't afford to base in high-tech pseudo-military bases.
- 9.1 - As with everything else, you need an in-character reason to hostage someone. Do not call the emergency services just to hostage them,
- and do not hostage firemen/paramedics if they have to come into your base to do their job. You can ask for $2000 per hostage maximum, and
- you must release them once your demands have been met. You must look after your hostage the entire time – do not leave them tied up in a
- room alone.
Search warrant rules
- 10.1 - You need probable cause to search a property. You must acquire a search warrant before entering the property unless there is an
- RP reason you must enter ASAP – e.g shots fired, lives in danger, suspect evading police ran into property, etc.
Government forces rules
- 11.1 – You may impound cars for appropriate reasons. Impounded cars must be returned to the owner when asked in return for a warning
- or a fine.
- 11.2 - You may build a roadblock while playing as a government member, with permission from the President.
- 11.3 – You may be corrupt, but only if it does not directly endanger the lives of officers or civilians. Corruption has limits and should benefit
- your character, it does not allow you to go around beating up citizens for no reason or making up completely random arrest warrants.
- 11.4 - You may kill/injure other government members, but only if they are an immediate threat to your life, the lives of innocent people, or if
- it is your only valid option while on-duty. Do not injure/kill for revenge, personal gain, grudges, etc.The Secret Service may never attack
- the president.
- 11.5 - Secret Service Agents guard the president and follow his orders. They must not patrol or attend raids unless the president’s life
- is in danger. If the president/vice president both leave the game or change jobs, the secret service agents must return to and guard the Town Hall.
- 11.6 - The maximum you can fine someone for is $2000.
- 11.7 - You cannot kill unarmed people or those who no longer pose a threat (injured, unconscious, handcuffed, etc). The only exception is if
- there is a dictator who orders an execution or capital punishment for an appropriate crime has been issued. You can shoot at fleeing
- vehicles only if the drivers are armed and dangerous or if they are clearly a threat to citizen/officers with the way they are driving.
- 11.8 - You require admin permission to become a dictator as President.
- 12.1 - You need a valid reason to raid the President (or anyone else). Do not raid the president for money, because of high taxes, because you
- don’t like certain laws (unless they drastically impact your character), or as retaliation for being arrested by the police due to your own actions.
- Before raiding the president, you need to show that you have attempted and exhausted the possibility of a peaceful resolution. You need to have
- an appropriate underground job set via /job before raiding anyone – don’t raid as the default “Citizen” job without using /job first.
- 13.1 - When mugging players, you may demand a maximum of $500. You may not mug the same player twice within 15 minutes.
- 13.2 - You may steal vehicles to sell them back to the owners or other parties, but only with valid roleplay reasons.
- 13.3 - Do not FailRP. Car thieves need chop-shops, and burglars need places to store their stolen goods. Proper background RP draws the line
- between crime and rule-breaking.
- 13.4 - You need an admin's permission to do BombRP.
- 13.5 - Do not commit a crime with the sole intent of getting into a chase and/or firefight with the police.
- 13.6 – The anarchists’ primary focus is petty crime (vandalism, muggings, etc.). More serious crime should be a rare occurrence and happen
- due to very solid RP reasons and a with a well thought out background.
- 13.7 – Members of the Corleone team should not commit extremely petty crimes such as muggings.
- 13.8 – Hitmen must make sure their employers have a valid reason to place a hit on someone, failure to do so may lead to both the hitman and
- their employer being punished for RDM.
Terms of ServiceIf you require any more information or have any questions about our Terms of Service, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IntroductionThese terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full and without reservation. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, Limelight Gaming and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights published on this website and materials used on Limelight Gaming. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages, files or other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website in neither print nor digital media or documents (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- redistribute material from this website - except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution; or
- republish or reproduce any part of this website through the use of iframes or screenscrapers.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of Limelight Gaming or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to this website without Limelight Gaming’s express written consent.
- data mining
- data extraction
- data harvesting
- 'framing' (iframes)
- Article 'Spinning'
You must not use this website or any part of it to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without the express written consent of Limelight Gaming.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. Limelight Gaming reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas of this website, or at our discretion, this entire website. Limelight Gaming may change or modify this policy without notice.
If Limelight Gaming provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential. You alone are responsible for your password and user ID security.
Limelight Gaming may disable your user ID and password at Limelight Gaming’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to Limelight Gaming a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to Limelight Gaming the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Limelight Gaming or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
Limelight Gaming reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on the servers of Limelight Gaming, or hosted or published upon this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Limelight Gaming makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Limelight Gaming does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
Limelight Gaming will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit the liability of Limelight Gaming in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by the gross negligence of Limelight Gaming or its agents, employees or shareholders/owners;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Limelight Gaming; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Limelight Gaming to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Limelight Gaming has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Limelight Gaming’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Limelight Gaming’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Limelight Gaming.
You hereby indemnify Limelight Gaming and undertake to keep Limelight Gaming indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Limelight Gaming to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Limelight Gaming’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Limelight Gaming arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Limelight Gaming’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Limelight Gaming may take such action as Limelight Gaming deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Limelight Gaming may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Limelight Gaming may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Limelight Gaming’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
Limelight Gaming has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Limelight Gaming of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Limelight Gaming provides a “Membership” status that can be purchased for a one-time fee, and as a result a set of perks are issued for a set period of time. This period and fee is variable dependent upon the discretion of Limelight Gaming. You understand that by purchasing this status via PayPal; the fee is non-refundable, temporary, and the prices and time period of featuring can vary based on the discretion of Limelight Gaming.
By utilizing the services provided by Limelight Gaming, you understand that you are prohibited to only one account and therefore identity. By imitating any other person, including staff members, you understand that you are subject to account termination based solely on the discretion of the Limelight Gaming. Additionally, by utilizing the services, you understand that having multiple accounts is prohibited; the result of breaching such prohibition is once again held at the sole discretion of Limelight Gaming.
Any members of Limelight Gaming that have knowledge of, or pertaining to classified information - defined as but not limited to: documents, images, blueprints, ideas, proprietary code, gamemode files, or anything marked as classified; understand that leaking such classified information is punishable by account termination, and if applicable, by the fullest extent of the law.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes for us, and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned as required by law.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means, where appropriate.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. We protect your personal information to the best of our ability.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of relevant courts.