Limelight Forums

Full Version: Passive RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok Guys, let’s think
BIG PICTURE
For a second.
We currently have a MASSIVE amount of Aggressive RP compared to are amount of Passive RP. I have made a small reference at the bottom to assist in understanding this.
[Image: 5OSKu91AJEAxE-RjG6wWad2FgW5ab1wUi4RbRWI1...DFK3lUSJR6]
So back to the FRICK FRACK at hand. We need a plan to gain the player’s attention to do some of that Sexy RP we know and love. Passive RP at the moment is decreasing due to basically no reason to do so unless you love to roleplay my specialty in anyway possible. I mean for the Holy Mother of Gaben! We added a fucking coffee machine to promote passive RP! Passive RP is a very important aspect of Limelight and all I see, when I join, is a rag-tag team of misfits shooting at cops because someone said a bad word. Yes people still Passive RP, but rarely. We need to come together to think of a solution to save Passive RP and SAVE EVOCITY! Ok maybe I went a little overboard there BUT YOU GET THE IDEA!!! So, if you have an idea to help Passive RP grow back into the community, please post here. Hopefully we can keep LL from becoming a Team Deathmatch.

Oh lord! My eyes! *Pulls out a gun and fucks Soviet up"
passive nights
Here, make guns expensive. Sorted!

Joking(not) but people see aggressive roleplay more fun as you get a weapon and don't have to do /me 24/7. That's their reason. At least what I see.
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:15 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]Here, make guns expensive. Sorted!

Joking(not) but people see aggressive roleplay more fun as  you get a weapon and don't have to do /me 24/7. That's their reason. At least what I see.

And you're right. It's sad to see that on a Roleplay server, all anyone wants to do is pick the easy route and let the gun do the roleplaying. If we wanted to have a Roleplay server where there was little to no /me or /it being used, we might as well title ourselves DarkRP.
People care about the $.

Make PassiveRP more profitable. I am talking about RP's like bars, coffee shops, restaurants ect.
(Apr 27, 2016, 04:57 PM)evilmat360 Wrote: [ -> ]passive nights

Temporary fix for a permanent problem. Only reason players actually attend, is for a chance at a REP. Yes it would promote Passive RP, but there needs to be balance and again, it's a temporary fix.
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:18 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:15 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]Here, make guns expensive. Sorted!

Joking(not) but people see aggressive roleplay more fun as  you get a weapon and don't have to do /me 24/7. That's their reason. At least what I see.

And you're right. It's sad to see that on a Roleplay server, all anyone wants to do is pick the easy route and let the gun do the roleplaying. If we wanted to have a Roleplay server where there was little to no /me or /it being used, we might as well title ourselves DarkRP.

I mean, I don't want to force people to passive rp as that isn't how it works. It is just that people see a weapon and feel that they can go run around and gain 200k from 10 minutes. I mean, I love aggressive rp as you point a gun at someone, they shit themselves, they then call a cop and then you are on a wild goose chase around the map but then you either got to hide/crash/jail which I mean you get some money right?
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:22 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]People care about the $.

Make PassiveRP more profitable. I am talking about RP's like bars, coffee shops, restaurants ect.

They already are! Have you played as a Gun Dealer, BMD, President, Vice President, or Civilian Woodcutter? They make the most profit out of everyone! Hell, Meth Cooking is Passive RP because you are acting in an active roleplay envirement of making Meth. While you may have guards for the Meth Lab, you yourself are Passively Roleplaying the cooking process.
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:26 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]

They already are! Have you played as a Gun Dealer, BMD, President, Vice President, or Civilian Woodcutter? They make the most profit out of everyone! Hell, Meth Cooking is Passive RP because you are acting in an active roleplay environment of making Meth. While you may have guards for the Meth Lab, you yourself are Passively Roleplaying the cooking process.

I would say that there isn't a lot of space to do passive rp. I mean, Rockford there is like one or two buildings and on evocity there is only about three-four inside the city.
Also having some sweet models of window parts and roofs etc would be great! If you have ever played Rust then you have several pieces to use which would be great if we had something similar to construct a building or use for a cafe etc.

They already are! Have you played as a Gun Dealer, BMD, President, Vice President, or Civilian Woodcutter? They make the most profit out of everyone! Hell, Meth Cooking is Passive RP because you are acting in an active roleplay envirement of making Meth. While you may have guards for the Meth Lab, you yourself are Passively Roleplaying the cooking process.

You failed to notice which roleplay I am talking about. I am talking about shops in mainstreet which are actually 100% passive. At this point of time, If you make a passive RP you either loose money or get very little in return.
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:24 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]

I mean, I don't want to force people to passive rp as that isn't how it works. It is just that people see a weapon and feel that they can go run around and gain 200k from 10 minutes. I mean, I love aggressive rp as you point a gun at someone, they shit themselves, they then call a cop and then you are on a wild goose chase around the map but then you either got to hide/crash/jail which I mean you get some money right?
Barely any that is worth having the whole government in a shootout with you. Aggressive RP is fun, I can agree, however, it's the amount that is driving me insane. So, what can we do to fix this? Should we make bigger firearms illegally bought from another source? Weapon Permits? Should we make a rule change? Possibly even an open carry weapon system where if the weapon is too big IRL to conceal carry, then it appears on your character?
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:30 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]

You failed to notice which roleplay I am talking about. I am talking about shops in mainstreet which are actually 100% passive. At this point of time, If you make a passive RP you either loose money or get very little in return.

If you are doing a full on Passive RP, for instance a coffee shop with little to no profit being gained, then the only thing at the moment you may recieve is a REP. That is why I posted this thread, to figure out what we need to do to give people more of a push for Passive RP. More rewards is a good suggestion, but we need something else, because if we add rewards, then it would be all a fake setup.
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:30 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:24 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]

Barely any that is worth having the whole government in a shootout with you. Aggressive RP is fun, I can agree, however, it's the amount that is driving me insane. So, what can we do to fix this? Should we make bigger firearms illegally bought from another source? Weapon Permits? Should we make a rule change? Possibly even an open carry weapon system where if the weapon is too big IRL to conceal carry, then it appears on your character?

One thing I love on Altis Life etc on Arma is that you need licenses etc for weapons, cars, copper mining etc. Having these on LL would be great. Even having things like Weapons being around 50k and cars about 60k. Like Project said, you don't get much money from passive but aggressive you can get about 1k.
(Apr 27, 2016, 05:24 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Apr 27, 2016, 04:57 PM)evilmat360 Wrote: [ -> ]passive nights

Temporary fix for a permanent problem. Only reason players actually attend, is for a chance at a REP. Yes it would promote Passive RP, but there needs to be balance and again, it's a temporary fix.

How about the staff team don't hand out reps on a passive night or don't hand out as many.
Only a well deserved RP should gain a rep.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5